Home

Major League Gaming is Running Weekly Prize Tournaments and Prize Ladders

This is a discussion on Major League Gaming is Running Weekly Prize Tournaments and Prize Ladders within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #33
MLG Community Manager, Sports

MLG_MasterMoyer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Major League Gaming hosting Madden 25 $1k Ladder and Tournaments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Two quick questions. One the accelerated clock, from what I understand about it, it accounts for representing the amount of time that would elapse in the real NFL between plays that doesn't in Madden because there is just not that much to do between plays generally. However I never use it it when playing in my leisure unless I'm using much longer quarters, like 10 min+ because it cuts the game entirely too short, imo. With the ladders having 6 min quarters it would seem to drastically reduce the time of the games and make a two score lead at the half, 9+ points, a game where the leader could just try to run out as much clock as possible and forcing the player behind to pass way more to conserve it.

Secondly, the random team selection, I'm trying to understand how that works exactly. I almost always play exclusively with the Redskins so under what circumstances would I be required to use a random team?
Great input and question.

First for the timeframe of games, please let me know what you think the rules should be for ladders and we will run a community poll to see what everyone thinks about it. If it's supported by the community, we will change

Also, the random team selection is only for matches were the creator selects "Use Random Team" A Lot of people use this because they are scared to play 49ers all the time, but you can create matches and select do not use random teams and use whoever you want.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #34
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Some of the posts in this thread are embarassing. This isn't my way to play the game but I appreciate the effort to organize folks.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #35
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLG_MasterMoyer
Great input and question.

First for the timeframe of games, please let me know what you think the rules should be for ladders and we will run a community poll to see what everyone thinks about it. If it's supported by the community, we will change

Also, the random team selection is only for matches were the creator selects "Use Random Team" A Lot of people use this because they are scared to play 49ers all the time, but you can create matches and select do not use random teams and use whoever you want.
A poll sounds cool, personally I play 7 min quarters with NO accelerated clock in my circle but my main point is that I don't see the need for an accelerated clock in the ladder when quarters are only 6 min.

As far as the random team goes so you are saying that as long as I don't accept a created challenge with that option selected or create one myself, I should be good, cool. Also to avoid the issue you mentioned about people wanting avoid certain teams, maybe another option could be added or random set to no could include what team a person will be using upfront. That way anyone that plans on using the 49ers or whoever would have to disclose that when creating a challenge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #36

MLG_MasterMoyer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
A poll sounds cool, personally I play 7 min quarters with NO accelerated clock in my circle but my main point is that I don't see the need for an accelerated clock in the ladder when quarters are only 6 min.

As far as the random team goes so you are saying that as long as I don't accept a created challenge with that option selected or create one myself, I should be good, cool. Also to avoid the issue you mentioned about people wanting avoid certain teams, maybe another option could be added or random set to no could include what team a person will be using upfront. That way anyone that plans on using the 49ers or whoever would have to disclose that when creating a challenge.
Okay, thread/poll will be up soon and We already added the option for team rating restriction for matches.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLG_MasterMoyer
Okay, thread/poll will be up soon and We already added the option for team rating restriction for matches.
That sucks about people tripping on the teams as im a niner fan and been rolling with them on/offline since 10yd fight.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #38

MLG_MasterMoyer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
That sucks about people tripping on the teams as im a niner fan and been rolling with them on/offline since 10yd fight.
Yeah, but you can still use then in tournaments and you can create or only accept matches were you can use them so it will not change anything as you can still use them
Old 09-05-2013, 12:29 AM   #39

MLG_MasterMoyer's Arena

Icon14 Re: Major League Gaming hosting Madden 25 $1k Ladder and Tournaments

Pick your week 1 winners for all the NFL games this week here:
http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming...Week-1-8667943

Winner will get a 1 month premium membership!

Good luck!

Also, check out this weeks tournament here:
1v1 Madden 25 250 Series Tournament

Thanks,
Maurice
Old 09-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 10

Yeah I signed up for Madden on GB time the ladder came out.

Got cheesed to death in my first game and disbanded my team immediately.

What kids do to win is what's killing GB. and also when they know that there are no repercussions for their actions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »