Home

Madden 11 Classic Roster Set

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Classic Roster Set within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2010, 05:26 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 11 Classic Roster Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I'll try to get the xls files for the teams mentioned above today. It's a PIA process so takes a while.

Remember, this will not give you new classic rosters for Madden. These will give you the info you need to create classic teams (player info, ratings, skin color, ht, wt, jersey number, etc). However, the Madden folks do not want you playing with classic teams and players, and they have made it extremely hard to create these players and teams due to editor restrictions.

My honest opinion is, if you want to use classic teams, players, and even many recreated actual seasons (1985, 85, 89, etc...) you are better off with 2K5 if you can find it. It can be played on the 360 and there is an easy way to load rosters.

Trust me, I wish these teams were created for Madden...I think it would be awesome to see these teams play in this engine with these graphics, etc. However, due to the restrictions and time it would take to create all these teams I just do not see it happening.

I hope I am wrong.

C
You're on point, Capa (2K5 is still alive!!!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0

Capa,
Are you gonna be able to post those teams still?
Old 10-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #83
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by portitalian
Capa,
Are you gonna be able to post those teams still?
Here you go. Please note I did not have a few of the teams, so I substituted closest ones I did have. So you will see 78 Steelers (not 79), 96 Packers (not 98), 74 Vikes (not 76), 83 Raiders (not 90), 80 Chargers (not 81). All other teams as requested.

To all - remember, these will not give you new classic rosters for Madden, but will give you the info you need to create classic teams (player info, ratings, skin color, ht, wt, jersey number, etc). However, the Madden folks do not want you playing with classic teams and players, and they have made it extremely hard to create these players and teams due to editor restrictions.

C

PS: also note that some of the older teams did not have 53 players to fill out a roster as required by 2K5, so you may see made up names, but these guys never play...they are way down in depth chart. In addition, I did not pay any attention to their College, so those are mostly all incorrect. But height, weight, jersey number, skin tone, positions should be right for all.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 2K5HistoricXLS.rar (365.0 KB, 106 views)

Last edited by capa; 10-11-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:21 AM   #84
Banned

OVR: 21

Is anyone actually working on creating a full roster file of classic teams for this year? Not just 1 or 2 here and there but a full roster file? Is it even doable? Has anyone taken this on?

C
Old 10-16-2010, 10:17 AM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 2

not sure,
but if anyone is interested i have started a 98 broncos roster i have finished the info for starters i was wandering if anyone would like to do player ratings thanks oh its ps3 madden 11
Attached Files
File Type: zip BLUS30546-ROSTER-98BRONCOS.zip (572.2 KB, 26 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 03:07 PM   #86
Banned

Quote:
Is anyone actually working on creating a full roster file of classic teams for this year? Not just 1 or 2 here and there but a full roster file? Is it even doable? Has anyone taken this on?

C
Man, it would take 4ever to do that. That's an overtime job!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 06:54 AM   #87
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

C
I'm guessing there is a CAP limit... But Franchise mode has an export team feature.

I tested some things out just because I was curious...

1. It's kind of a pain getting players on rosters, as you have to release players to free agency until you reach the roster minimum (around 45 or so) and then create and add CAPs to that team until you reach the maximum (55?)... Then repeat the process until you're done.

2. Scrolling through the colleges takes forever. A minor point, I know.

3. Exported teams are limited to current home/away jerseys. Kinda weak.

4. You can make Dan Fouts, beard and all. (the one player I made)

If anyone wanted to get a thread going of individual exported teams, I might even contribute a team.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:05 PM   #88
Rookie

Capa asked if anyone is willing to create classic teams. It's something I'm definitely interested in but I'm wondering if there is a way to get the ratings/attributes from all of the Madden 06 classic teams onto a spreadsheet (I have the PS2 disc). This would make this undertaking a little less daunting. Any suggestions?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »