Home

Chicago Bears Madden 2011 Thread

This is a discussion on Chicago Bears Madden 2011 Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2010, 10:05 PM   #17
Pro

Figment's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Chicago Bears Madden 2011 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyy201
I agree with most but I think the increases are a little too much. Louis should not be a 78 more like a 72. Will Ta'Ufo'Ou shouldn't be a 74. He's already overrated without even playing a regular season game yet. Plus since we use an HBack now with Clark he should be the one moved to FB. Plus he doesn't need that much of a speed and acc. increase. Having our 3 starting receivers at 78 seems a bit high. i would say more like 78, 76, 75. Knox, D.A., and Hester respectively. Omiyale could use an increase in run blocking. And Al Afalava needs a major decrease should be our lowest rated SS I believe somewhere around 67, he looks like he may get cut.
While you may or may not have a point, and this is exactly the stuff I want on this forum so keep it coming, I do not believe in the overall ratings on madden as so many do. An overall will never dictate how they play in the game and the calculator has been broken since they changed to the new rating system, but that is for another time.

The only argument I can make is for lance Louis, I don't know if you have watched him this preseason but he has easily been our best offensive lineman and will be a high 80s by season end. Watch some of the games, he is everywhere on the field and just blowing everyone away check it out and let me know what you think.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:32 AM   #18
Rookie

jimmyy201's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPL_6492
While you may or may not have a point, and this is exactly the stuff I want on this forum so keep it coming, I do not believe in the overall ratings on madden as so many do. An overall will never dictate how they play in the game and the calculator has been broken since they changed to the new rating system, but that is for another time.

The only argument I can make is for lance Louis, I don't know if you have watched him this preseason but he has easily been our best offensive lineman and will be a high 80s by season end. Watch some of the games, he is everywhere on the field and just blowing everyone away check it out and let me know what you think.
I do agree he played much better in the 2nd game but the first game I do believe he played 3 or atleast close to 3 quarters and on both passes Cutler made there was a guy rushing him both times it was the guy Louis was blocking. But after seeing the block on Forte's run i would have to say he is pretty good as a run blocker. I think we can have a better look today and see what he can do.

And i do agree the Overall ratings are very inaccurate and are completely broken. Im one of the few that would rather have no overalls at all and let ppl use players depending on their ability's.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #19
Rookie

jimmyy201's Arena

Also we wont get Unga at all this year because he's already on the IR.
Im hoping they atleast add K.Davis and Webb to free agency. From what I've read it sounds like both will make the team. But i think we both can agree that both will be around a 64 overall or less even tho i believe at least Davis is a lot better then that.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:34 PM   #20
Rookie

jimmyy201's Arena

wow im sad by the roster update for the bears
didnt fix anything that was wrong.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:57 PM   #21
Pro

Figment's Arena

The Unga cap is for people like me who want him for franchise mode. Another thing I noticed is Israel Idonije should have about a 90 power move rating, he is the best field goal blocker in the league.

Maybe I am jumping too quick onto lance louis' bandwagon but that's how he is on my franchise.

The receivers I feel are accurate. Those three are competing for the 2 starting spots and they have received no love from Donny except Hester.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 04:27 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm fairly disappointed with how the bears were represented roster wise in this game.

For one they do not have their starting long snapper Pat Mannelly in the game

Matt Toeina is not in the game, even though he was last year

And Brandon Iwuh is a free agent and not on the bears roster
Old 08-29-2010, 05:24 PM   #23
Pro

Figment's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dufflebagboi
I'm fairly disappointed with how the bears were represented roster wise in this game.

For one they do not have their starting long snapper Pat Mannelly in the game

Matt Toeina is not in the game, even though he was last year

And Brandon Iwuh is a free agent and not on the bears roster
Toeina is in the new update.

Mannelly is pretty much useless for the game of madden.

Iwuh is up in the air, the Bears usually only keep 6 linebackers on the team and with Urlachers health in question Hillenmeyer isn't going to get released same thing with Roach and Tinoisamoa. They aren't just going to release Shaw to open up for him but they do love their special teams players so they may open a slot for him. That said it may push out Garrett Wolfe or Rashied Davis because special teams is the only reason they are still on the team. Probably Wolfe cause Bell is running the ball better and Davis is doing really well in Martz's offense.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:43 PM   #24
Pro

Figment's Arena

My 53 man roster predictions by position:

QB Jay Cutler
QB Caleb Hanie
HB Matt Forte
HB Chester Taylor
HB Kahlil Bell
FB Will Ta'Ufo'Ou
WR Johnny Knox
WR Devin Aromashodu
WR Devin Hester
WR Earl Bennett
WR Rashied Davis
TE Greg Olsen
TE Desmond Clark
TE Kellen Davis
TE Brandon Manumaleuna
LT Chris Williams
LG Roberto Garza
LG Johan Asiata
C Olin Kreutz
C Josh Beekman
RG Lance Louis
RT Kevin Shaffer
RT Frank Omiyale
RT J'Marcus Webb

LE Mark Anderson
LE Israel Idonije
LE Corey Wooton
RE Julius Peppers
RE Jarron Gilbert
RE Henry Melton
DT Tommie Harris
DT Marcus Harrison
DT Anthony Adams
DT Matt Toeaina
WLB Pisa Tinoisamoa
WLB Nick Roach
MLB Brian Urlacher
MLB Hunter Hillenmeyer
MLB Brian Iwuh
SLB Lance Briggs
SLB Tim Shaw
CB Charles Tillman
CB Zackary Bowman
CB Corey Graham
CB Tim Jennings
CB D.J. Moore
FS Danieal Manning
FS Major Wright
SS Chris Harris
SS Craig Steltz

K Robbie Gould
P Brad Maynard
LS Patrick Mannelly

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »