Home

WTFitsDaveyJ's Madden 11 Final Roster Re-Scaling Thread

This is a discussion on WTFitsDaveyJ's Madden 11 Final Roster Re-Scaling Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2011, 10:14 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 36
WTFitsDaveyJ's Madden 11 Final Roster Re-Scaling Thread

Whats up guys,

I'm going to be re-rating all players and free agents that were in the final M11 roster update. It's going to take a few weeks to get done I'm sure, but I'll be doing it as many hours a day as I can to speed up the process.

My ratings are very conservative, more FIFA style ratings in that there are few 90s at any specific position, and those are reserved for the absolute best players today. I'll give an example:

QBs: Peyton Manning is a 92, followed by Tom Brady at 89. It's not a knock on Brady, just how it came out.

I'll be posting screens of updates, followed by videos of CPUvCPU and USERvsCPU (maybe even a USERvUSER if I can get my little brother down here) when I get a few teams done. After that, I'll be posting a roster file link in this first post.

These are pretty much strictly Play Now/1 season franchise rosters, though if you use NCAA rosters in franchise it may work out since IMO they are rated lower than the EA draft classes.

Thanks a bunch, and I'll be posting the first screenshot in a few minutes, almost done with the starting QBs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
MVP

Re: WTFitsDaveyJ's Madden 11 Final Roster Re-Scaling Thread

Here's the first update, the top QBs in my re-scaling. There is less attention to OVR and more on pure skills, so however it came out is not necessarily an indictment on the player themselves. My goal is not to have a popularity contest as I currently feel the Madden ratings now are more geared to appeasing fans of the respective teams than a true representation of each players skill. That's why these seem so low. You can win with any QB, you will just have to truly play to that QB's skill. Speed has been highly reduced at the QB position, but those who have it in real life keep it in Madden. Same with every other rating affected by the QBs.

EDIT: Ben Roethlisberger was bumped from an 80 to an 82. I had looked over it again and realized I may have underrated him initially.

Last edited by RedZoneD25; 02-18-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

hm interesting. cant wait to try these
Old 02-18-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
MVP

UPDATE #2: As of 5:48 PM, I've completed every QB's re-scaled ratings (including free agents)

Top 5-

Peyton Manning (IND) 92 OVR
Tom Brady (NE) 89 OVR
Drew Brees (NO) 87 OVR
Aaron Rodgers (GB) 85 OVR
Philip Rivers (SD) 84 OVR

Bottom 5-

Rusty Smith (TEN) 47 OVR
Rudy Carpenter (TB) 46 OVR
Jevan Snead (FA) 45 OVR
Jordan Palmer (CIN) 42 OVR
Thaddeus Lewis (STL) 39 OVR

I'll be tweaking the ratings a little here and there, but for the most part it is set. I've done a lot of test play with the new ratings, the game is VERY hard now, but it'll even itself out as I adjust the rest of the positions. Each throw feels more wide open than it did before, I feel like I may have been onto something when I said everything was inflated. Time will tell.

Update #2a- I tampered around with more ratings. Philip Rivers is an 84, Roethlisberger is 83, Vick down to 82.

Last edited by RedZoneD25; 02-18-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:54 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Tom Brady always seems to get the short end compared to Manning. The funny thing is, Brady had a much better year than Manning, aside from more Super Bowl rings.Plus, Brady did it this year with a bad ankle or whatever that needed surgery.

Put Manning on the Patriots and Brady on the Colts and imagine the result. How many intercepts did Manning have this year? Why were there so many? How did Brady get through the season with just 4 intercepts? Who was MVP this year?

I don't see Manning rated three points over Brady. Aaron Rodgers should be higher than Brees. How many intercepts did Brees have this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2011, 07:12 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambizytl
Tom Brady always seems to get the short end compared to Manning. The funny thing is, Brady had a much better year than Manning, aside from more Super Bowl rings.Plus, Brady did it this year with a bad ankle or whatever that needed surgery.

Put Manning on the Patriots and Brady on the Colts and imagine the result. How many intercepts did Manning have this year? Why were there so many? How did Brady get through the season with just 4 intercepts? Who was MVP this year?

I don't see Manning rated three points over Brady. Aaron Rodgers should be higher than Brees. How many intercepts did Brees have this year?
I don't even know where to begin. I stated in the first post that the OVR wasn't the main rating, but the attributes. Brady's total came to 89, which is the only reason his OVR is 89. Not to mention I said I was still tweaking the numbers to get it as close to perfect as possible. I didn't shaft anybody, and if the players aren't rated to your liking than this roster isn't for you.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
I don't even know where to begin. I stated in the first post that the OVR wasn't the main rating, but the attributes. Brady's total came to 89, which is the only reason his OVR is 89. Not to mention I said I was still tweaking the numbers to get it as close to perfect as possible. I didn't shaft anybody, and if the players aren't rated to your liking than this roster isn't for you.
I agree with you that overalls don't tell the full story. Would you mind posting both of their: awarenesses, throw power, SAC, MAC, DAC, throw on run, and play action? thanks!
Old 02-19-2011, 05:22 AM   #8
Pro

D-MAC©®'s Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambizytl

Can you name a WR that Manning had for more the 5 games consecutively?
How many All Stars did he have on Defense?
The PATs basically have a stacked Defense.
Does he have a Coach who grew with him his whole career?
IMO these ratings are pretty good.
Brady plays well because of the plays the coaches call for him. He is quite accurate with the short throws/plays.
If Brady was on the Colts & had to try some of the deep throws he mos def would have more INT's then Manning, I'd go as far to says he's have more than double.
Most of Brady's yards are from YAC's.

Lets face it, Brady has done really well for a player drafted in the 6th round. He'll tetire a PAT cause he's the definition of a "systems QB".

BTW:
Maybe I hate on Brady cause he beats my teams in Superbowls, that he has a hot *** wife, that he tries to look like Justin Bieber, or he has boat loads of $$$.

I'm a Mcnabb fan-boi, but I don't cry when they mess with his rating. Another "systems QB".
I feel the same way for Vick, PHI coaching crew know what to do with mobile QB's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »