Home

Madden Roster Editor V1

This is a discussion on Madden Roster Editor V1 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #417
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Madden Roster Editor V1

Here is a question to throw out there. Is I've looked in the raw data but I haven't really found it, but is there a way to make a player's name appear different on the back of his jersey? What I mean is for teams that have players with the same last name, like K.Williams and P.Williams. Is there any way we can do that with the editor?
Old 10-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #418
Rookie

Noose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthenailer
Here is a question to throw out there. Is I've looked in the raw data but I haven't really found it, but is there a way to make a player's name appear different on the back of his jersey? What I mean is for teams that have players with the same last name, like K.Williams and P.Williams. Is there any way we can do that with the editor?
Have not tested it yet, but in the appearance tab there is an option for initials. Likely setting to 1 would show First name Initial before name. I'll look more into this later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathol
Sure - what would you like to see? Remove all / add/set all? ( Traits too - just let me know! )

Btw, any ideas on names for PGHE, PNEC, etc to describe what they set/do so I can label those in the appearances tab? I must admit, I haven't investigated these myself in game - I've just had my head buried in the coding part.

FYI for the next update, NFL.com lookup, Rotoworld.com lookup, importing a player to replace a given player, franchise to roster conversion ( needs testing ), some adjustments to some positions' calculated OVRs, the 'raw' player view moved to right click menu, a new raw view added to the main menu to view any / all tables, and a few bug fixes are all in so far.
Yeah, a set all would be awesome to just overwrite for all traits/equipment options/and even some general option like draft pick/roles/tendancies. If you need specifics I'll post some later, but if you could just do all those it would be cool. Also later I'll go through my notes and post the best descriptions I can for the abbreviations or atleast the main ones. For instance BSPT, in appearance tab would be nice to have Pad Definition, 0 being no wings anything above 10 results in huge pads, wings, etc. I'll post more laters.

Edit* Also, as for mass edits, could you make them positon specific. Say I want to just mass edit all qb's tobe wearing flack jackets, or all oline, to be wearing kneebraces. Thanks!

Last edited by Noose; 10-08-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #419
Rookie

OVR: 3

Anyone know if Madden 08 would open up in the editor? I have all the greats from that version and was wondering if that would be feasible or possible to use as a base to create classic seasons

Also how does the import/export feature in the editor work?

Last edited by Betterai; 10-08-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #420
Rookie

Zmurkz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
- Load your roster in advance to starting your franchise
- Simulate past the preseason
-Once you are at the regular season, save your franchise to the USB
- Open the new reader file
- Follow Xanatha's instructions to open the file in the new reader
- Click Tables, then schedules, and import my CSV file
- Save
- Open the file in the old reader
- Save again
- Finish the procedure and load your franchise

The tables for the preseason and regular season are completely different - The table for the regular season doesn't open up until the franchise is in the regular season.
Hi, I'm struggling to install the custom schedules correctly. I'm fine up to the bit about a new and old reader? What does that mean?

I have my franchise custom file (Dylans) I sim to regular season I save it to my USB. What do you mean by open in new reader? I followed Xanathol's instructions for opening a roster and I opened my franchise file in Horizon I saved it at the MC02 name, I open in the editor, I import your schedules it goes through and shows it I save it. Then I go back to Horizon and here I get a little confused. I save and rehash it but I guess I saved the wrong file?

Can anyone explain more thoroughly how to do this? Or am I being stupid?

Thanks for all the hard work.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #421
Rookie

Noose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmurkz
Hi, I'm struggling to install the custom schedules correctly. I'm fine up to the bit about a new and old reader? What does that mean?

I have my franchise custom file (Dylans) I sim to regular season I save it to my USB. What do you mean by open in new reader? I followed Xanathol's instructions for opening a roster and I opened my franchise file in Horizon I saved it at the MC02 name, I open in the editor, I import your schedules it goes through and shows it I save it. Then I go back to Horizon and here I get a little confused. I save and rehash it but I guess I saved the wrong file?

Can anyone explain more thoroughly how to do this? Or am I being stupid?

Thanks for all the hard work.
Try it like this:
Download latest editor(7.2?) and remove all others.
Open Franchise file in horizon
select open/click on contents/extract selected/add.MC02/save
open mc02 in editor.
import schedule
save
go back to horizon
click on contents/select franchise/right click and select replace
message should say successfully replaced
then click rehash/resign
successful message
close and put franchise on USB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #422
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betterai
Anyone know if Madden 08 would open up in the editor? I have all the greats from that version and was wondering if that would be feasible or possible to use as a base to create classic seasons

Also how does the import/export feature in the editor work?
08 will open,but can't import/export.Actually,you can export from 08,but not import to 12.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #423
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MST246
08 will open,but can't import/export.Actually,you can export from 08,but not import to 12.
Ok thanks for clarifying that...I actually just tried to open 08 and like you said it did open, but it kept giving me the exception error anytime I clicked on a field
Old 10-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #424
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betterai
Ok thanks for clarifying that...I actually just tried to open 08 and like you said it did open, but it kept giving me the exception error anytime I clicked on a field
You can edit the atts,just click past the error message.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »