Home

Classic teams coming for 360...

This is a discussion on Classic teams coming for 360... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Classic teams coming for 360...

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Here is exactly what I do...it differs a bit from above. First and foremost is put a Madden roster from your own 360 onto your laptop.

To get the roster-classic file onto your USB:

Plug USB Device into PC
Open Horizon
Use Device Explorer to extract your original game save from your 360
Games Folder>Game Name>Right click save file and extract
Use Package Manager to open the save file of your 360 Madden roster
Once open go to Contents
Right click file and select Extract
Add a .MC02 at the end of the file name and Save

You only need to do the above once. Once you have one of your 360 rosters on your laptop you don't need to do this again.

You need to create a .MC02 file for the roster-classic file:

In Horizon use Package Manager and select Open file
Select the roster-classic file you downloaded from mediafire
Go to the Contents tab
Right click and select Extract and name as roster-classic.MC02
Close Horizon

If you want to edit the roster-classic file then do this (if not skip):

Open Xan's Madden Editor
Go to File and Open Roster
Select the roster-classic.MC02 file
Edit whatever you want
Go to File and Save Roster (this will overwrite your .MC02 file)
Close Xan's Madden Editor

Replace your original 360 Madden roster with the classic roster on your USB:

Open Horizon
Go to Tools>Package Manager>Open
Open your 360 original roster file you copied to your laptop, not the .MC02
Go to Contents
Right Click the file and select replace
Select the roster-classic.MC02 file you created above
Select Save, Rehash, and Resign
Then Save to Device and Select USB

You should now be able to load the file to your 360 via USB

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Thank YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow you guys are amazing for doing this! My wife saw it and gave you guys a bad *** props as well!!
Do all the players look the same in each roster year. I might want and try and change Dan Marinos appearance as he looks a little dark. Truly amazed at what you guys do.

Thanks again!!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #90
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster151
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Thank YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow you guys are amazing for doing this! My wife saw it and gave you guys a bad *** props as well!!
Do all the players look the same in each roster year. I might want and try and change Dan Marinos appearance as he looks a little dark. Truly amazed at what you guys do.

Thanks again!!
I only published the 72 Dolphins as part of my roster-classic set so no Marino from me I know others have done all time great teams and various seasons.

You can use Xan's editor to change appearances but cannot within the game. I did not spend alot of time on appearances due to the amount of players that would need to be edited. But I did use some cyber faces for guys that have one in the game..Montana...Rice...Lott...etc...and also tried to create a few likenesses where I could.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:47 AM   #91
Banned

There is a problem when using the Oilers in the game. Troubleshooting it now. It is causing freezing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #92
Rookie

Quote:
I only published the 72 Dolphins as part of my roster-classic set so no Marino from me I know others have done all time great teams and various seasons.

You can use Xan's editor to change appearances but cannot within the game. I did not spend alot of time on appearances due to the amount of players that would need to be edited. But I did use some cyber faces for guys that have one in the game..Montana...Rice...Lott...etc...and also tried to create a few likenesses where I could.

Amazing work...Thank you Thank you Thank you..
I never understood why a company like 2k who has had all the issues with license issues and the NFL throw a "LOW BLOW" to EA by releasing a generic football game leaving it open to editing such as you guys are doing. Giving the ability to create everything from stadiums to coaches and players, equipment etc....It is obvious (at least to me) that the vintage teams,players, and coaches are really desired in the sports gaming industry.
I had a complete blast playing as the Cowboys with the Trio against Young and the 9ers.
Why do you suppose a rival gaming company has not released something to this affect?

With that being said I also think EA has done an amazing job with Madden over the years!

Last edited by Robster151; 02-26-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #93
Banned

The real reason is that retired players are no longer part of the NFLPA union. Each individual player or their estate (if deceased) now would have to be negotiated with to be able to use his likeness and name in a video game. That is never going to happen. It is why you only see a handful in today's games.

It wasn't like that years ago, but I think Jim Brown or Johnny Bench or someone brought a suit forward 15 years ago or so suing one of the game companies. Since then. all publishers have backed off using real names and likenesses in their games unless retired players are part of a union in which they could get a blanket agreement with.

I agree that releasing a generic game as you mentioned would be just awesome for us old school guys, but I am not sure there is a big enough market for the companies to determine if it would be prfitable or not. My guess is it would not from a financial point of view...but it would be nirvana for some of us!

C

Last edited by capa; 02-26-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:12 PM   #94
Rookie

Quote:
The real reason is that retired players are no longer part of the NFLPA union. Each individual player or their estate (if deceased) now would have to be negotiated with to be able to use his likeness and name in a video game. That is never going to happen. It is why you only see a handful in today's games.

It wasn't like that years ago, but I think Jim Brown or Johnny Bench or someone brought a suit forward 15 years ago or so suing one of the game companies. Since then. all publishers have backed off using real names and likenesses in their games unless retired players are part of a union in which they could get a blanket agreement with.

I agree that releasing a generic game as you mentioned would be just awesome for us old school guys, but I am not sure there is a big enough market for the companies to determine if it would be prfitable or not. My guess is it would not from a financial point of view...but it would be nirvana for some of us!

C
Agreed completely but if you made a GENERIC game allowing the mass of creaters out there..such as you guys to RENAME or CREATE their own players then I wonder why it would fall short to any legal hardships. If a game is released as such with the options to create teams, players, stadiums etc...and creaters concentrate on the overall GAMEPLAY...i think gamers would jump into it...nevertheless so very glad you guys do what you do...dont want to clog the thread on non-roster stuff!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #95
MVP

omega412930's Arena

OVR: 5

if 2k released another game like all pro football but had the customization that backbreaker had it would b a huge success being able to make the jerseys and logos as authentic as backbreaker let u, just backbreakers gameplay never caught on with alot of us which is y it failed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #96
Banned

I am still not sure why the OIlers cause a freeze on team selection screen...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »