Home

PUBLISHED SLIDERS FOR ALL MADDEN LEVEL ON XBOX 360

This is a discussion on PUBLISHED SLIDERS FOR ALL MADDEN LEVEL ON XBOX 360 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2006, 08:35 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: PUBLISHED SLIDERS FOR ALL MADDEN LEVEL ON XBOX 360

preciate...

but is it good for me to control all teams, or just let ride and leave the rest of the teams under cpu control
Old 10-26-2006, 08:37 PM   #50
Rookie

croc500's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGibbsStudent
Alright I keep seeing something so let me squash a myth.

The Coaching Scheme menu (the one where you select aggressive/conservative, RB1 v. RB2, etc) has absolutely no effect whatsover on the games you play..in any way shape or form.

Coaching Scheme tells the computer how you want your team handled when you are not actively controlling it (such as in a simmed game or when signing picks and the like if you choose not to).

Joe, are you absolutely sure about this, becuase I could have sworn in last years game, when I made scheme changes, my team played differently. Guess it could have been coincidence though. Are you sure that the scheme doesnt also tell the computer how you want the non-user controlled players to perform during a game? Has anyone experimented with this?
Old 10-26-2006, 09:02 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by croc500
Joe, are you absolutely sure about this, becuase I could have sworn in last years game, when I made scheme changes, my team played differently. Guess it could have been coincidence though. Are you sure that the scheme doesnt also tell the computer how you want the non-user controlled players to perform during a game? Has anyone experimented with this?
Yep. Absolutely positive. All it does is tell the computer what percent of run plays to use, what percent of pass plays to use, whether to go downfield a lot (aggressive offense), whether to blitz a lot (aggressive defense), and what ratio of starting and back up running back to use.

The sliders for the player positions tell the computer what importance you place on each position in the draft and free agency if you have the game set to cpu controlled roster management. It also tells the computer what type of player you want at each positon (pocket passer, coverage db, etc).

That's all. It doesn't do anything else and I'm not sure why people keep believing it does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2006, 09:05 PM   #52
Rookie

croc500's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGibbsStudent
Yep. Absolutely positive. All it does is tell the computer what percent of run plays to use, what percent of pass plays to use, whether to go downfield a lot (aggressive offense), whether to blitz a lot (aggressive defense), and what ratio of starting and back up running back to use.

The sliders for the player positions tell the computer what importance you place on each position in the draft and free agency if you have the game set to cpu controlled roster management.

That's all. It doesn't do anything else and I'm not sure why people keep believing it does.
Well that makes perfect sense, thanks for clearing this up for me.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:03 PM   #53
Rookie

Dolfan349's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Ok, after playing several games (i know ...lol sorry no stats) what I am seeing is the comp big plays. The last game I played last night was Pitt(me) vs Kc in my franchise. I was dominating through the whole game except for the run,Johnson ended up with 184 yards (can't remember the carries but it wasn't many).
The problem was he was breaking tackles that no way in the world he should have,Porter,Foote,and Haggans.

I was leading 35-10 going into the fourth,then all of a sudden I couldn't stop them for nothing,this is where Johnson had his big runs,breaking the tackles (sometimes 5!) When the smoke cleared I held on to win 35-32.
What I'm going to do later is up my tackle slider by 5 and check it. I'm sorry but I can't imagine a back running up the middle like nobody is there.
Will report back later.....

Overall.....these sliders are an EXCELLENT base to start from.
Ah, so I'm not alone.

I ONLY control defensive lineman -- that's all, that's it. I'll never control a linebacker or a DB... I can't do it.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:12 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 1

david carr was goin 20-22 into the fourth...they were up by like 21...i was the colts, it was unbelievable....i hate seeing too many scores in the 30's...if i could get most of my games in the low 20 range..i would be so happy.....but i think my fault was playin too much 4-3 and 3-4, beccause i wa sjust focused on nto having a running back make a bunch 20plus yard plays...i kept playin d that wya and he would light mme up...for some crazy passes, where even in 3-4 and 4-3 the defense should have made the stop....and the running game, i cant even put my finger on it...i know it sthe colts...but....170 plus overall rushing yard from the texans running back.... -_- ....on less than 20 carries.... -_- ....thats crazy, but i do believe these slider's are the best..because in the fourth when i started switching up my strategy from the earlier qtrs i was stoppin teh run and defended some passes, so im either calling the wrong defense, or just not playin good enuff defense....

thanks again for the slider's
Old 10-27-2006, 10:24 AM   #55
Rookie

Code:
GAME EIGHT		DAL	WAS	Passing		RAT	YDS	TDS	INT	COM	ATT	PER	AVG	LNG
Score			10	22	J. Campbell	102.8	131	1	0	10	17	58%	7.7	43
Total Offense		221	229	D. Bledsoe	35.7	182	1	4	15	32	46%	5.6	18
Rushing Yards		46	112											
Passing Yards		175	117	Rushing		YDS	TDS	ATT	AVG	FUM	BTK	AF1	20+	LNG
First Downs		9	9	C. Portis	98	0	30	3.2	2	1	71	1	20
Punt Return Yards	21	27	J. Jones	47	0	17	2.7	1	0	39	0	12
Kick Return Yards	195	61											
Total Yards		437	317	Receiving	REC	YDS	AVG	TDS	YAC	YAV	DRO	LNG	
Turnovers		6	1	J. Witten	3	40	13.3	1	5	1.6	0	18	
3rd Down Percent	18%	25%	S. Moss		2	52	26	0	6	3	0	43	
4th Down Percent	100%	0%											
Two Point Percent	0%	0%	Defensive	TAK	TFL	SAC	INT	DEF	FMF	FMR	SAF	TDS
Red Zone Percent	100%	60%	L. Marshall	6	1	0	1	0	0	0	0	0
Red Zone TDS		1	1	A. Ayodele	7	0	0	0	0	1	1	0	0
Red Zone FGS		1	2											
Penalties		7 (50)	5 (40)	Kicking		FGM	FGA	FG%	LNG	XPM	XPA	XP%	NUM	TB
Possession Time		17:21	30:43	J. Hall		5	6	83%	48	1	1	100%	7	0
Pancakes		24	11	M. Vanderjagt	1	1	100	34	1	1	100%	3	0
Tackles for Loss	9	5											
Sacks			4	1											
Pass Deflections	6	2											
Fumbles Forced		3	2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2006, 10:33 AM   #56
Rookie

Let me give you some of my defensive play calling percentages...see if you call a defensive game the same way I do. I simply cannot imagine why our defenses are playing so differently. I hate to say it but, unless I am playing under different laws of the universe, I'm not sure you can blame your poor defenses on sliders.

I allow about 3.0 yards per rush and about 6.7 yards per pass with these sliders. The one thing I may adjust (after my season is over) is making user passing a lil more difficult because I am finally figuring out how to pass. EDIT: I may also make the CPU running game a lil better.

Anyway, here's what I call generally...( I ALWAYS match my defensive personnel to the offense...i.e. I always have a number of cornerbacks on the field as the offense does wide receivers).

Cover Two Man
Cover Three Zone
Cover One
Cover Two OLB Blitz
Cover One Robber
Two OLB Blitz

These are my staple plays on 1st and 10 and 2nd and 10. I bump and run about 50% of the time. When I am sure the offense is going to pass, I send at least five guys at the quarterback. Like Dolf, I never control defensive backs. I bump and run on zone plays to fake blitz. I never hitstick in the open field. I rarely press x to tackle. I always try and have at least one guy deeper than the deepest wide receivers. I have great corners and safeties.

I ALWAYS stop after every play reset my brain and THINK about the upcoming play.

I NEVER see my defensive backs just "stand there" and let the wide receivers make these plays. I rarely give up big plays. I control the ball and the clock. The best way to keep your opponent from scoring is to keep his offense off the field. My defenders don't usually bounce off of tackles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »