Home

PUBLISHED SLIDERS FOR ALL MADDEN LEVEL ON XBOX 360

This is a discussion on PUBLISHED SLIDERS FOR ALL MADDEN LEVEL ON XBOX 360 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2006, 10:43 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: PUBLISHED SLIDERS FOR ALL MADDEN LEVEL ON XBOX 360

On second thought, this is all madden. If you're cranking out the points on a consistent level, the computer is going to do the same to make it a challenge. I just don't think that sliders are the answer to everything.

Also, we're squeezing a balloon here. If you want realistic stats in one area, you might not be able to get the same in another area while getting the best game the CPU has to offer.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:40 AM   #58
Rookie

Dolfan349's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGibbsStudent
On second thought, this is all madden. If you're cranking out the points on a consistent level, the computer is going to do the same to make it a challenge. I just don't think that sliders are the answer to everything.

Also, we're squeezing a balloon here. If you want realistic stats in one area, you might not be able to get the same in another area while getting the best game the CPU has to offer.
Yeah, you're probably right. But it won't always happen. I remember the very first game I played on All-Madden (I was using some other sliders), PIT vs. MIA. The game ended 19-16 on a game-winning 50yd FG by Olindo Mare. It was tough, hardnose football with ZERO huge plays. I have never been able to replicate such a game again, even with the same sliders I played with in that game.

Also -- Cover 2 Man means two safties in zone whilst the rest of the DB's are in man coverage, right?

How do you get sacks if you don't call blitz packages more often?
Old 10-27-2006, 01:48 PM   #59
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Let me give you some of my defensive play calling percentages...see if you call a defensive game the same way I do. I simply cannot imagine why our defenses are playing so differently. I hate to say it but, unless I am playing under different laws of the universe, I'm not sure you can blame your poor defenses on sliders.

I allow about 3.0 yards per rush and about 6.7 yards per pass with these sliders. The one thing I may adjust (after my season is over) is making user passing a lil more difficult because I am finally figuring out how to pass. EDIT: I may also make the CPU running game a lil better.

Anyway, here's what I call generally...( I ALWAYS match my defensive personnel to the offense...i.e. I always have a number of cornerbacks on the field as the offense does wide receivers).

Cover Two Man
Cover Three Zone
Cover One
Cover Two OLB Blitz
Cover One Robber
Two OLB Blitz

These are my staple plays on 1st and 10 and 2nd and 10. I bump and run about 50% of the time. When I am sure the offense is going to pass, I send at least five guys at the quarterback. Like Dolf, I never control defensive backs. I bump and run on zone plays to fake blitz. I never hitstick in the open field. I rarely press x to tackle. I always try and have at least one guy deeper than the deepest wide receivers. I have great corners and safeties.

I ALWAYS stop after every play reset my brain and THINK about the upcoming play.

I NEVER see my defensive backs just "stand there" and let the wide receivers make these plays. I rarely give up big plays. I control the ball and the clock. The best way to keep your opponent from scoring is to keep his offense off the field. My defenders don't usually bounce off of tackles.

I play my defense EXACTLY how Pitt plays,I.... like you will see how the offense comes out, 2wr(3-4) ,3 wr(nickle) 4 & 5 wides(dime or dollar).
In those defenses...I will mix up a good amount of blitzes (like Pitt),bump and runs and zone.
What I'm seeing however is not so much the qb making throws(except 1) when I blitzed at the goaline (using jump snap) Hampton was ALL OVER Green yet he made a perfect throw to Gonzales in the endzone.

It's the ability of the rb thats killing me, with that slider @25 already I hate to knock it down lower, but I may have to. I'm just thinking that it doesn't matter on all madden, the comp is going to keep it close (as evident by my last game).
I'm not saying comebacks don't happen.....it's just HOW they happen.If I'm dominating a game through 3 quarters,I just don't see how all of a sudden my defense falls asleep and has more holes than swiss cheese.
On a sidenote..........my game was going how the real game went,and guess what....the Chiefs weren't able to overcome the deficit,and like I said...I made the proper adjustments because I KNEW they were going to try the comeback.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 10-27-2006, 02:58 PM   #60
Rookie

Code:
GAME NINE		WAS	PHI	Passing		RAT	YDS	TDS	INT	COM	ATT	PER	AVG	LNG
Score			27	31	D. McNabb	137.5	380	2	0	19	27	70%	14	96
Total Offense		354	428	J. Campbell	105.3	126	1	0	12	18	66%	7	48
Rushing Yards		247	68											
Passing Yards		107	360	Rushing		YDS	TDS	ATT	AVG	FUM	BTK	AF1	20+	LNG
First Downs		12	12	B. Westbrook	51	1	17	3	2	1	27	0	13
Punt Return Yards	12	5	C. Portis	219	2	29	7.5	0	6	131	2	58
Kick Return Yards	138	143											
Total Yards		504	576	Receiving	REC	YDS	AVG	TDS	YAC	YAV	DRO	LNG	
Turnovers		1	2	D. Stallworth	6	216	36	2	137	22.8	0	96	
3rd Down Percent	50%	30%	S. Moss		2	57	28.5	0	7	3.5	0	48	
4th Down Percent	0%	0%											
Two Point Percent	0%	0%	Defensive	TAK	TFL	SAC	INT	DEF	FMF	FMR	SAF	TDS
Red Zone Percent	100%	100%	J. Trotter	8	3	0	0	0	0	1	0	1
Red Zone TDS		1	1	L. Marshall	6	0	1	0	0	0	0	0	0
Red Zone FGS		1	1											
Penalties		6 (30)	2 (10)	Kicking		FGM	FGA	FG%	LNG	XPM	XPA	XP%	NUM	TB
Possession Time		30:34	18:01	D. Akers	1	2	50%	24	4	4	100%	6	0
Pancakes		27	24	J. Hall		2	2	100	42	3	3	100%	6	0
Tackles for Loss	2	4											
Sacks			3	3											
Pass Deflections	2	4											
Fumbles Forced		4	1
Old 10-27-2006, 03:04 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan349
Also -- Cover 2 Man means two safties in zone whilst the rest of the DB's are in man coverage, right?

How do you get sacks if you don't call blitz packages more often?
Yeah all cover two means is you have two guys splitting up responsibility for defending the deep part of the field into one half each.

As far as getting sacks with a four man rush, you can't count on it. But I'd say about 20% of the sacks I get are from a four man rush. Crash out, spread out, crash in, mix up bump and run, mix up coverage types, show blitz and then don't blitz, time the snap...all of these things I try to do at random.

If you pay real close attention on all madden you will notice the offense start to adjust to the number of guys you send. They will try and be subtle and slip into six and seven man protection schemes.

It is my opinion that the computer on all madden calculates your play calling patterns in a different way than it does on other levels. I would almost recommend flipping a coin or rolling a die to make sure you are as unreadable as possible.

EDIT: but to be honest, I avoid pure zone plays in general. It seems like all the big plays I give up are because I called a pure zone play. Look at the last game I posted (v. Phili). Stallworth had two huge receiving gains on me because I called these exotic zone blitz plays...blech. i guess it depends on your personnel tho.

Last edited by JoeGibbsStudent; 10-27-2006 at 03:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2006, 03:11 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaDemiK
preciate...

but is it good for me to control all teams, or just let ride and leave the rest of the teams under cpu control
Its really up to you. I know that I could get the CPU to react more realistically (FA, Draft, ETC.) if I controlled them, but I just don't have the time to dedicate to Madden so I let the CPU handle the other teams. All depends on how much you want to get involved.

Also, I'm pretty sure the sim stats are broken - the QB's throw too few picks and the DB's pick too many off. Pretty sure there is no way around it either. also WR's catch way too many TD's.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:17 PM   #63
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

I attempted to post stats and I didn't hit post reply and was just to busy to retype them but in any event, I played NYG vs INDY and Peyton hit me up for 426 and 4tds. I won the game but there were quite a few big plays. I'll play a game in a minute or 2. On a side note, I am having good success stopping the Cpu running game. I guess this is a perfect example as to why people have to adjust sliders according to their playing style. Hey Joe do you switch defenders and take control of your secondary to defend passes and what position do you control on defense? I'm very curious to know.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:20 PM   #64
Rookie

[
Quote:
Yeah all cover two means is you have two guys splitting up responsibility for defending the deep part of the field into one half each.

As far as getting sacks with a four man rush, you can't count on it. But I'd say about 20% of the sacks I get are from a four man rush. Crash out, spread out, crash in, mix up bump and run, mix up coverage types, show blitz and then don't blitz, time the snap...all of these things I try to do at random.

If you pay real close attention on all madden you will notice the offense start to adjust to the number of guys you send. They will try and be subtle and slip into six and seven man protection schemes.

It is my opinion that the computer on all madden calculates your play calling patterns in a different way than it does on other levels. I would almost recommend flipping a coin or rolling a die to make sure you are as unreadable as possible.

EDIT: but to be honest, I avoid pure zone plays in general. It seems like all the big plays I give up are because I called a pure zone play. Look at the last game I posted (v. Phili). Stallworth had two huge receiving gains on me because I called these exotic zone blitz plays...blech. i guess it depends on your personnel tho.
That is true about the cover two, but be careful. Sometimes (in madden and IRL) people will get confused and call the "Tampa Two" the "Cover two". The tampa two refers to the defensive scheme popularized by Tony Dungy and Monte Kiffen with the Warren Sapp/Derrick Brooks/John Lynch era Buccanneers. They have a similar play in madden that they call the "Cover Two" where the corners play the flat, safeties cover 2, and the LB's cover the zones underneath. The difference between Madden's cover two and the "Cover Two/Tampa Two" that is popular in the NFL right now, is that in the real life version, the Middle linebacker covers the deep middle of the field, sometimes dropping back 20 yards downfield - in madden the farthest they drop back is 10 yards or so.

One trick to get this to play more like the real cover two is to actuall control the middle linebacker and drop him back yourself. I do it sometimes but I find that controlling the safety over the teams fastest receiver limits big plays more than controlling the MLB. Also, remember to bump the receivers at the line or your safeties will get scorched by the deep ball.

/non-sensical football rant

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »