Home

Heelfan's PRO Sliders (360)

This is a discussion on Heelfan's PRO Sliders (360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2007, 08:21 PM   #49
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Heelfan's PRO Sliders (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
I was wrong about simming with 6 minute quarters. It doesn't affect the stats. Must of got lucky the sim I did.
Darn, I was hoping you were onto something
Old 08-20-2007, 08:26 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
I think I liked the feel of these better than the All Pro set.

Jets 13 (AI) at Rams 27 (me)

Mark Bulger - 19/25, 263 yards, 3 int, 69.7 rating
Chad Pennington - 19/31, 211 yards, 1 TD, 3 int, 52.7 rating

The first pick by Bulger was this ridiculous thing where I was throwing to a wide open Issac Bruce in the end zone and all of a sudden Stephen Jackson tore out of nowhere in front of the pass, took it off the head, and one of the Jets DBs caught the ball before it dropped. I was so annoyed that my TD disappeared that I tried to force a pass on my next drive and got picked off. The third was just a typical pick.

One of Pennington's was a pass he tried to force in the fourth quarter on fourth down, it went back for a TD. Another was a rather awesome tip drill done by one of the Rams' DBs. Instead of knocking the ball down the guy popped it up in the air and my safety charged in and caught the thing... also returned for a TD. Very cool. The third, I don't remember, but I don't think it was meaningful in any way.

Stephen Jackson - 117 yards, 31 carries, 1 TD, 1 fumble, 6 BTK
Thomas Jones - 131 yards, 23 carries, 1 fumble, 13 BTK

I pretty much tried to ride Jackson all game and for the most part he was very effective. Jonathan Vilma and his 11 tackles were pretty much a huge pain for me the entire game, ditto for David Harris and his 11. Vilva seemed like he was all over the place though. The AI's running game was excellent, though I'm sure some of that had to do with how bad the Rams defense is aside from their line and Witherspoon.

Total Offense: Jets 343 - Rams 364
Rushing Yards: Jets 132 - Rams 116
Passing Yards: Jets 211 - Rams 248
First Downs: Jets 19 - Rams 20
Turnovers: Jets 4 (-1) - Rams 3 (+1)
Red Zone %: Jets 2-2 - Rams 2-6
TOP: Jets 14:01 - Rams 18:03
nice. 3 INT's by the computer is the most I have seen so far on Pro...... I think the cpu running game may be a bit too strong over all. I am going to try to put run blocking down to 45 next game.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:26 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
Darn, I was hoping you were onto something
me too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 08:48 PM   #52
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
nice. 3 INT's by the computer is the most I have seen so far on Pro...... I think the cpu running game may be a bit too strong over all. I am going to try to put run blocking down to 45 next game.
If my game is any sort indicator, I might suggest raising tackling and keeping the run blocking where it is right now. The 13 broken tackles seemed awfully high even for a bad defense like the Rams.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:13 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 5

Final score, Steelers 52, Cowboys 17.

Some notes: My defense was killing the Cowboys. Just my front 3 at times were pressuring Romo into thowing bad passes, many times they had to double team my dt Hamtpon, one big strong mofo who was throwing some Cowboys around.

James Farrior was all over the field, 10 tackles, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble, 2 fumbles recovered.

Romo threw 7 picks, many times because he was being rushed and I was blitzing him.

Townsend came away with 3 picks, Taylor 2, Polamalu, 1, and Timmons 1.

On the Cowboys side, Ware and James both shared 9 tackles each as Ware had a sack and a pick by Hamlin.

I only threw 1 pick the whole game.

As to why the score was high, not only was I getting good field position from turn overs due to Romo but the Cowboys were more focused on Ward then anyone else and so I started to hot route Holmes all over the place and whoever the Boys 2nd cb is, couldn't keep up with him.

They started to double him in the 3rd and that's when I turned my running game on.

Parker 86 yards with 1 td on 8 attempts. Davenport with 85 yards on 23 attempts. And Julius Jones with 84 yards on 20 attempts.

Nothing I can do about fumbles till the patch is released, but a good game none the less.

Owens, came with 131 yards on 9 rec and 1 td. I was getting tired of him and I started to spotlight him then Dallas started to use Jones coming out of the back field alot more on passing plays.

And Holmes with 4 rec and 136 yards with 2 td's.

What a game.

Pick 2 more teams heel.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:20 PM   #54
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

7 picks? Ew.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:27 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 5

lol I know but you don't know how bad the Steelers d was pressuring Romo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 09:33 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 3

Weapons on or off?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »