Home

CowherPowers adjusted awr sliders.

This is a discussion on CowherPowers adjusted awr sliders. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2007, 08:50 PM   #105

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: CowherPowers adjusted awr sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I appreciate the input, it sounds to me you're seeing damn near the same things I am. So I guess that could be considered good lol.

One thing I failed to mention...I did this before my game against Denver,I know it's been said several times that these don't matter,but I'm beginning to wonder.
In the franchise menu,I went to the coaching schemes and changed my defensive aggression to 30,as well as run vs pass 40-60 and maxed the db's style slider to hard hitting....the safeties also.

I know it's been said that this is for the cpu,in order to evaluate what types of players to scout for...but after changing this before the Denver game,It seems to have affected my defense as well.
In the Denver game I couldn't get a pic to save my life....and in my next game vs Cincy I only got 1 int,and Palmer attempted 32 passes.
That's 53 total passes attempted by both qb's,and only 1 int......now,it may be a coincident,but I can't remember when over 50 passes were attempted,and only 1 was picked off...(at least in my games).

It's also not like my db's weren't trying....they had several bounce out of their hands...I counted at least 3 that could've been picked while playing the Bengals.
It may be nothing....but I wanted to mention it anyway's.
Just an FYI, Im pretty sure that when you change the CB's style to hard hitting it actually has more to do with what type of CB you would want in either free agency and the draft if you had left that to the CPU to do instead of the human. Everything else is for simulation purposes, I wish you had found the magical solution but after toying with this myself Im not seeing anything that is any different. Be careful what you change these settings to as well, in the past Ive been told that it can help determine what type of players will be interested in coming to your team in the offseason, for instance if you are a run heavy team you may have a tougher time getting a star WR to sign with you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2007, 09:49 PM   #106
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Well....I may have been to generous in my thinking lol.
After using said adjustments,I played my next 2 games...the first one vs Baltimore and the 2nd against Cleveland.
I whooped Baltimore 41-0,Boller couldn't do a thing....I also picked him off 3 times...at first I didn't worry....I mean,this IS Kyle Boller lol.

My next game vs Cleveland....same thing, picked off Anderson 3 times..the 3rd set up the game winning fg by Pittsburgh 23-20.
After replaying these pics.....I'm now thoroughly convinced......their just to stupid.

The cpu qb ai logic needs to be SERIOUSLY looked at next year,these pics could have been easily avoided by better ai.
I don't think any amount of slider adjustment is going to help this problem...sure you could raise the cpu accuracy,but who in the hell wants every qb to throw for 75-85 % every game....that is simply just a band-aid to mask the deeper issues with the ai.

I'm still enjoying the game....but it's really starting to become apparent where the short comings are.
I've already got both my corners being voted to the pro-bowl... LOL

It's really to bad also....I feel I've got my defense reacting to the play as they should,but the cpu qb is just to damn stupid to recognize the open receiver.
It's almost like you're forced to make a decision......
1-Do you want a realistic reacting defense.....with more ints ?
2- or do you want a brain dead defense....with less int's??

The cpu throwing picks is an issue mainly on all pro... All Pro and anything below that is just not a good level to play if you are a madden veteran

but if you are dead set on playing on all pro then why do you have the defensive awareness that high for humans... It should be at 0 and I can assure you that the cpu wont be throwing picks left and right...

If you want to counter then high percentage of passes from the cpu then lower their accuracy and you wont see many picks because your awareness is not higher then 0 where it gets to the point of player reacting to quick

People need to understand that sliders have nothing to do with gettint realistic stats...

Realistics stats are gained by how the player plays the game....

Sliders are to make the difficutly level a competition to the human
Old 12-23-2007, 09:53 PM   #107
Pro

OVR: 6

Dude, Awareness is that high to get realistic reaction from our defense. We don't want our defense to be brain dead just to make the game stats realistic and competitive.

If the CPU didn't make so many dumb throws, there'd be less INTs. I could say the same about me, since I suck at passing too.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:12 PM   #108

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Dont pay attention to him, he loves to go around here and other forums talking about how great his sliders are and how great he is at the game. I love how he refers to "Madden Vets" only play on All-Madden, Im curious as to why he would find himself straying into a thread that consists of sliders that are so beneath him yet he feels the need to not only read the postings in the thread but then comment on them for some reason.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:23 PM   #109
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamonkey
Dude, Awareness is that high to get realistic reaction from our defense. We don't want our defense to be brain dead just to make the game stats realistic and competitive.

If the CPU didn't make so many dumb throws, there'd be less INTs. I could say the same about me, since I suck at passing too.

The defense already reacts to well in this game.... So I dont get what you are saying here... In All Pro it is to easy to pick of the cpu and to stop the run.... Lowering the defensive awarness lessesn the chance that your corners jump infront of receivers which is the how most picks the cpu throws occur...
Old 12-23-2007, 10:26 PM   #110
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
Dont pay attention to him, he loves to go around here and other forums talking about how great his sliders are and how great he is at the game. I love how he refers to "Madden Vets" only play on All-Madden, Im curious as to why he would find himself straying into a thread that consists of sliders that are so beneath him yet he feels the need to not only read the postings in the thread but then comment on them for some reason.

Before you talk sh**t why dont you show me where i stated that my sliders are the best and how I am great at the game....

Madden Vets do play on All Madden for the most part.... It is well chronicled on this forum and many other forums that ALl Pro is a joke because of one huge reason and that is the cpu throws picks left and right no matter what

All Madden is a bit on the cheating side but it provies the challenge and if you manage the sliders right you will not only get the stats you crave but the challenge on top of it all

All i am telling the thread starter is that if he has the awareness that high it will cost the cpu to throw picks left and right

Is just the truth.... His sliders might be the best but that is just my opinion.... So stop acting like a tool
Old 12-23-2007, 10:32 PM   #111
Pro

OVR: 6

You just said that sliders have nothing to do with getting realistic stats.

I don't agree that the defense reacts too well in this game. They might on certain plays when they get a ridiculous pick, but even at 15, my linebackers will just strafe on tosses instead of going after the ball carrier. This results in many CPU rushing touchdowns that I could have stopped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2007, 10:38 PM   #112
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamonkey
You just said that sliders have nothing to do with getting realistic stats.

I don't agree that the defense reacts too well in this game. They might on certain plays when they get a ridiculous pick, but even at 15, my linebackers will just strafe on tosses instead of going after the ball carrier. This results in many CPU rushing touchdowns that I could have stopped.

Sliders are not for stats... They are for challenge but what I am saying is that on ALL Madden the sliders fix the challenge and along with that you will see more realistic stats... not realistic as they should but close and you wont feel like you can pick off the cpu all game long

I cant agree with you on the awareness because I have it at 0 on All Madden and I can stop the cpu run game.... I dont know how you go about playing the game but stopping the run in All Madden is easy and on All Pro is a joke to even say that you cant stop the cpu run game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »