Home

CowherPowers adjusted awr sliders.

This is a discussion on CowherPowers adjusted awr sliders. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2007, 06:42 PM   #1
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
CowherPowers adjusted awr sliders.

I wanted to start this thread,as to not congest nor hijack Squints thread any longer.
As some of you may know,I'm after a realistic (as can be had) reaction by the hum controlled defense,without jeopardizing the cpu running game or pass game.
I feel that I'm on track...as I've done several tests not only in practice mode,but I also just check them in franchise.
I only had time to play my pre-season game against the Skins (of course I was Pitt lol)....but I probably played one of thee best games ever.

I first want to give you the sliders that I'm using.....I in no way shape or form take any credit for these (except my adjustments).....all the thatnks should go to Squint for coming up with these,as they have allowed me to tweak them to get the desired results.

All Pro setting
8 min quarters....(this may change)

Human/Cpu

Offense

51/46
64/61
9/13............this may change as well,not sure yet.
47/65
46/68

Human/Cpu

Defense
46/74
90/17
0/0
53/56
46/46

All of the other sliders are set as Squint has his,penalties,subs and special teams.

I just played my pre-season game vs the Skins. I was pretty pleased overall with these....here are some highlights as well as stats.

This game was a real defensive struggle,although Pitt was able to move the ball,they were stopped by fumbles.....5 of them to be exact....BUT,had this game had a proper challenge system in place (being able to pick WHAT to challenge) I feel the total would have been much lower.
There were ALOT of hard hits....which is to be expected from the Redskins,Ben was picked at the Skin's 14 yard line to stop one drive.

The game was back and forth...going into the 4th quarter the game was tied 0-0.....yes 0-0 I couldn't believe it.
Pitt eventually scored on a pass from Batch to Miller to go up 7-0 in the 4th. The Skin's quickly answered with a 66 yard td comp from Collins to Moss.....7-7

On Pitts next possession,Batch hit a swing pass to Kreider,who was then leveled causing the fumble....this led to a Skin's TD to go up 14-7.

That's the way the score would end. Pittsburgh-7 Washington-14
Some stats from the game
Wash
Campbell 6-13 38yards 1int for 46%
Collins 5-6 88yards 2td and 0int's for 83%

Portis 11att for 30yards no td's 2.7avg
Betts 14att for 68yards no td's 4.8avg

Time of possession
Pitt Wash
17:25 14:39

The int by Campbell was actually pretty cool....he had his receiver open on the curl,but BADLY over threw him...I couldn't believe it! I watched the replay several times,and was impressed by the fact that the qb actually overthrew his receiver.

I know this is only one game...but I'm more than pleased by the outcome.
Several more will have to be played,but I feel I'm on the right track
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

Last edited by Kramer5150; 12-17-2007 at 12:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2007, 06:54 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: CowherPowers adjusted awr sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I wanted to start this thread,as to not congest nor hijack Squints thread any longer.
As some of you may know,I'm after a realistic (as can be had) reaction by the hum controlled defense,without jeopardizing the cpu running game or pass game.
I feel that I'm on track...as I've done several tests not only in practice mode,but I also just check them in franchise.
I only had time to play my pre-season game against the Skins (of course I was Pitt lol)....but I probably played one of thee best games ever.

I first want to give you the sliders that I'm using.....I in no way shape or form take any credit for these (except my adjustments).....all the thatnks should go to Squint for coming up with these,as they have allowed me to tweak them to get the desired results.

All Pro setting
8 min quarters....(this may change)

Human/Cpu

Offense

51/46
64/61
9/13............this may change as well,not sure yet.
47/64
46/58

Human/Cpu

Defense
46/74
90/17
0/0
53/56
46/46

All of the other sliders are set as Squint has his,penalties,subs and special teams.

I just played my pre-season game vs the Skins. I was pretty pleased overall with these....here are some highlights as well as stats.

This game was a real defensive struggle,although Pitt was able to move the ball,they were stopped by fumbles.....5 of them to be exact....BUT,had this game had a proper challenge system in place (being able to pick WHAT to challenge) I feel the total would have been much lower.
There were ALOT of hard hits....which is to be expected from the Redskins,Ben was picked at the Skin's 14 yard line to stop one drive.

The game was back and forth...going into the 4th quarter the game was tied 0-0.....yes 0-0 I couldn't believe it.
Pitt eventually scored on a pass from Batch to Miller to go up 7-0 in the 4th. The Skin's quickly answered with a 66 yard td comp from Collins to Moss.....7-7

On Pitts next possession,Batch hit a swing pass to Kreider,who was then leveled causing the fumble....this led to a Skin's TD to go up 14-7.

That's the way the score would end. Pittsburgh-7 Washington-14
Some stats from the game
Wash
Campbell 6-13 38yards 1int for 46%
Collins 5-6 88yards 2td and 0int's for 83%

Portis 11att for 30yards no td's 2.7avg
Betts 14att for 68yards no td's 4.8avg

Time of possession
Pitt Wash
17:25 14:39

The int by Campbell was actually pretty cool....he had his receiver open on the curl,but BADLY over threw him...I couldn't believe it! I watched the replay several times,and was impressed by the fact that the qb actually overthrew his receiver.

I know this is only one game...but I'm more than pleased by the outcome.
Several more will have to be played,but I feel I'm on the right track
These look really interesting CowherPower, I see you raised the AI Running Ability to 64, I have it at 65 myself and really enjoy it. There are games that the AI gets over 100 yds rushing and some games I hold them under 100. Keep us up to date on your season, as I'm interested in seeing the difference in our #'s on defense with the Awareness/Knockdown differences. I just wanted to let you know also, I play 11 minute quarters, not skipping cut scenes (which the clock stops during them anyways if you look close enough) and am getting around 120 plays combined.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:22 PM   #3
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

I just played a game using your theory with slightly different sliders(Cpu acc 63,hum kd 13,Cpu Run block 66 everything else was the same) The final score was Eagles(me) 20 Jets 14 .The stats are over on squints thread.My next game is vs Chicago,another bad offensive team.I'll post the stats after.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:18 PM   #4
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Cowher,

I just picked up the game and will give your adjustments a go after I get a feel for the game.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 12-16-2007, 08:52 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 24

Well, I tried the adjustments in an exhibition game. I know it's only one game, but I held F. Taylor to 1.6 yds a carry as I expected, my linebackers just destroyed any toss play the Jags attempted. The running up the middle was fine for the AI, but my Broncos linebackers are just got into the backfield with ease. I guess everyone has their own settings that will make them happy with this game. I believe I'm sticking with the previous ones. Good luck on finding the perfect settings for your gameplay CP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2007, 09:48 PM   #6
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

OK,I just finished a great game vs. Chicago.With just over a minute left the Eagles had a 25-17 lead but Chicago was driving.With 24 seconds left Rexy hit Adrian Peterson across the middle to the Eagles 32 where he was blasted by 3 Eagles and fumbled.Darren Howard recovered sealing the win for the Birds who are now 4-2 on the season.Both teams struggled offensively here's the stats. Rex Grossman was 17 for 31 for 289 yards 1TD and 3 int's Mcnabb had a hard time going 14 for 22 for 113 yards and an int.Cedric Benson had 16 carries for 50 yards and a TD.(more on this later) Brian Westbrook carried the Eagles with 24 carries for 123 yards and a TD.LJ Smith and Reggie Brown each had 3 catches for 46 and 36 yards respectively.Rashied Davis led all Bears receivers with 4 catches for 74 yards.The CPU run game needed a boost so at halftime I moved the sliders giving CPU RB ability 65 and CPU run blocking 68.Once I did that the Bears had a good running game going so I'll keep it at that set.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:12 PM   #7
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Ok.....just a quick update.

I did not realize that I had made the adjustment to the hum awareness in my first pre season game against Green Bay. I only caught it when I applied the other changes to the cpu running game.
I jotted down some stats from that game as well
Farve went 12-16 for 99 yards,1 TD and no picks.
Rodgers didn't fare very well...he went 4-11 for 38 yards 0 td's and 0 pics.

The running game went as expected as I had not set those sliders yet...
Grant was held to 12 yards on 9 carries...while Jackson fared better,he had 34 yards on 5 carries.

So far....what I'm seeing I'm liking. I like seeing the variation in the qb's...it seems more unpredictable.
I think the only thing I'm going to tinker with is the running game,as I feel pretty good about these.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
Old 12-16-2007, 10:18 PM   #8
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by highheatkingsb
Well, I tried the adjustments in an exhibition game. I know it's only one game, but I held F. Taylor to 1.6 yds a carry as I expected, my linebackers just destroyed any toss play the Jags attempted. The running up the middle was fine for the AI, but my Broncos linebackers are just got into the backfield with ease. I guess everyone has their own settings that will make them happy with this game. I believe I'm sticking with the previous ones. Good luck on finding the perfect settings for your gameplay CP.
I do see what you're saying....but what I believe, is that your lb's are reacting in a more realistic manner.
I think given this information,instead of doing anything with the hum awr,I'm going to tinker with the cpu rb ability slider...and MAYBE bump up the run block a couple of ticks for the cpu also.

I appreciate your feedback and input...it's much appreciated. What I am liking so far is the unpredictability that I've seen so far.

I will definitely look into what you mentioned though. Thanks again.
Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »