Home

CowherPowers adjusted awr sliders.

This is a discussion on CowherPowers adjusted awr sliders. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2007, 04:57 PM   #17
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: CowherPowers adjusted awr sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamonkey
CowherPowers,

You have CPU QB Accuracy bellow 50? They aren't throwing lots of INTs?
I know this would seem like a no-no.....but so far in my 3 pre-season games,I've only gotten 2 picks against the cpu.
The first against Campbell (Wash) and the other against McNabb.
Also....looking at the replays of both pics (to make sure the super human factor didn't play in) both were completely legit.

The first one by Campbell was an over throw...his receiver was open as well,but he just simply over threw the ball.
The pic against McNabb...was a simple case of him leading his receiver to far on an "in" route, the receiver had space,but McNabb led him to far and Polamalu jumped the route for the pic.

So far....I have not seen one thing that would make the pics seem "cheap" or "super human" like. It was simply bad throws from the cpu.

I do like the unpredictability I've seen so far....the starters seemed solid,and I could really tell the difference between the 2. Well ....except for Collins from Wash....he had a real solid game.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 12-17-2007, 07:34 PM   #18
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

The reason I bumped cpu accuracy to 69 was I had 9 int's in 3 games.Now granted Grossman,T Jackson and Clemmons aren't very good and the Eagles secondary is the strength of the team when they're healthy so this isn't totally out of line but I feel I can still strike a better balance.I hadn't thought of raising CPU WR catching to stem the problem but that does make sense also.What I'll do is in my next game is I'll try the acc at 69 if it seems out of hand,I'll drop it back to 65 and raise CPU catching some,maybe 10-20 points.When I play my next game I'll post the stats and we'll take it from there.BTW the reaction times of my players is spot on
Old 12-17-2007, 09:22 PM   #19
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
The reason I bumped cpu accuracy to 69 was I had 9 int's in 3 games.Now granted Grossman,T Jackson and Clemmons aren't very good and the Eagles secondary is the strength of the team when they're healthy so this isn't totally out of line but I feel I can still strike a better balance.I hadn't thought of raising CPU WR catching to stem the problem but that does make sense also.What I'll do is in my next game is I'll try the acc at 69 if it seems out of hand,I'll drop it back to 65 and raise CPU catching some,maybe 10-20 points.When I play my next game I'll post the stats and we'll take it from there.
Sounds reasonable. I can completely understand where you're coming from.
Something else that came to mind......what do you have your knockdowns set at for your defense?
I ask this because I MIGHT have a theory on why you're still seeing the picks.
Ok.....follow me on this one...(I hope this makes sense LOL) ok here we go...If you have your knockdowns set to low,It may not be such a good thing...the reason I say that, is because if it's TO low your players won't go for the knockdown, instead they'll automatically go for the pic.

On the other hand....if you've got it set higher,instead of going for the pick,they'll knock it down.
It sounded good to me in theory....and It MAY be the reason why after 3 pre-season games I've only gotten 2 picks.

I know this may not be the case...nor am I claiming this is the cure,but it just seems to me (again ...in theory) that the higher the knockdown slider,the less picks,as that's what the defense SHOULD be keying on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
BTW the reaction times of my players is spot on
This is great news...glad to hear this.All that's needed now (imo) are just a few tweaks here and there.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
Old 12-17-2007, 09:36 PM   #20
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

I have knockdowns set really low at like 13 or something.I'll move it up,I see you have it at 90,so thats what I'll go with.I'm gonna try these different things in exhibition games instead of experimenting with my franchise.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:48 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think the Knockdown slider needs to be tested more fully. If we figure out which direction it pushes the INT numbers, that could really help to balance things out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2007, 12:39 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 6

In my tests, the knockdown slider acts more like an INT slider.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:08 AM   #23
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer348
I think the Knockdown slider needs to be tested more fully. If we figure out which direction it pushes the INT numbers, that could really help to balance things out.
I agree.
The main reason I started it out @ 90,was because I wanted to see HOW my defense would react at a higher setting.
So far.....I have seen alot more batted balls then pics....which is a good thing. I believe this slider holds the key to the cpu throwing the pics,more than the actual int slider...which to me has little to no effect.

Like you said...if we can find the balance,then we'll be set. At this point it's almost like trying to find a "needle in a haystack".
However....I'm not going to give up,as I feel it's just about there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamonkey
In my tests, the knockdown slider acts more like an INT slider.
I can't honestly say I'm seeing this. I don't doubt you at all,but so far I'm not seeing the high amount of cpu int's that I did before.

Before starting all of this...I actually started with my knockdown slider where Squint's was,thinking the same thing.
As it turned out though,I was actually seeing MORE pics by my defense.
So....who knows at this point LOL.
Like I told answer though...I'm not giving up,as I feel we're REEEEEAAAL close LOL.
Quote:
Old 12-18-2007, 01:18 AM   #24
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

I just finished up my final pre-season game against the Panthers.
This really turned out to be a lop-sided game after halftime,in which the Steelers held a 10-3 lead.
The final score of this one turned out to be 31-10,Pittsburgh.
I couldn't believe the game Parker was having.....is the Carolina rush defense REALLY this bad??

I ended up pulling Parker mid way through the 2nd quarter....at that point he had 74 yards on 9 carries with 1 td.
The stats for Carolina were really bad also.....
Testeverde went 5-13 for 63 yards and 1int
Carr went 4-14 for 35 yards and 2 int's. At one point Carr was 0-4.

This was the 1st time I was able to get a pic on the back-up qb,so I was happy about that lol.

Again....after watching the replay's of the int's....none of them looked "cheap"....there was no "warping" to get into position and no "super human" leaps.....It was easy to see during the replays,that these were simply bad decisions.
I also took into account the 2 qb's LOL.
Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »