Home

CowherPowers adjusted awr sliders.

This is a discussion on CowherPowers adjusted awr sliders. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2007, 04:26 PM   #33
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: CowherPowers adjusted awr sliders.

Here is something to consider when looking at realistic interceptions.

The NFL interceptions thrown leader, the St. Louis Rams with 23, have thrown 1 interception for every 21 attemts, or an interception rate of 4.5%. The team with the fewest interceptions, Tampa Bay with 6, have thrown one pick for every 68 attemts, or a 1.5% interception rate. The league median appears to be about close to 1 pick every 30 attemps, or a 3.3% interception rate.
NCAA, because of the nature of the game, has a bit of a wider spread, with the worst teams throwing around 1 interception every 17 attempts (5.9%) and the best about 1 in every 49 attempts. (2.0%). Now you are getting 1 pick every 20 plays, or about a 5.1% interception rate, which is right at the top, if not above, the NFL range and closer to a poor throwing NCAA team.

Obviously, because of the way the game plays, it is near impossible for anyone to get interception percentages as low as 1.5-2.0% range (at least if playing even a halfway intelligent defense), but percentages between 3.3 and 4.5 should be more doable, and would probably represent a better goal. Certainly it give a good benchmark against which to measure how the computer is playing the pass.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:20 PM   #34
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Here is something to consider when looking at realistic interceptions.

The NFL interceptions thrown leader, the St. Louis Rams with 23, have thrown 1 interception for every 21 attemts, or an interception rate of 4.5%. The team with the fewest interceptions, Tampa Bay with 6, have thrown one pick for every 68 attemts, or a 1.5% interception rate. The league median appears to be about close to 1 pick every 30 attemps, or a 3.3% interception rate.
NCAA, because of the nature of the game, has a bit of a wider spread, with the worst teams throwing around 1 interception every 17 attempts (5.9%) and the best about 1 in every 49 attempts. (2.0%). Now you are getting 1 pick every 20 plays, or about a 5.1% interception rate, which is right at the top, if not above, the NFL range and closer to a poor throwing NCAA team.

Obviously, because of the way the game plays, it is near impossible for anyone to get interception percentages as low as 1.5-2.0% range (at least if playing even a halfway intelligent defense), but percentages between 3.3 and 4.5 should be more doable, and would probably represent a better goal. Certainly it give a good benchmark against which to measure how the computer is playing the pass.
Interesting......thanks for that info,It's very much appreciated.
Based on the above mentioned....if I were to round off the attempts to 60 for the cpu,and factor in they threw 3 pics...this would average to 1 int for every 20 pass attempts....this is based only on pre-season games as well.

I am definitely going to look at the knockdown slider some more,as I still believe that holds the key.
I don't want to mess with the cpu qb acc,or the hum awr sliders though.
The reason I don't want to mess with either slider,is because I really liked the unpredictability of the starters through the pre-season,and you could really se the differense between them and the 2nd stringers.

The other slider (hum awr) I also don't want to mess with,as I feel that the user defense now reacts in a more realistic manner. The knockdown slider (to me) is the most important component at this point.

I understand int's will happen....what I'm trying to do is strike that "balance",which I firmly believe is achievable,and within reach.

Do you by chance have Madden? I'm hoping to get as much info as possible concerning the knockdown slider,as this is going to be the main focal point.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 12-18-2007, 05:29 PM   #35
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Yeah, I have Madden NFL. I am just finishing up my AF dynasty's season so I can import the draft class. My Madden Cowboy's dynstay is still in pre-season. I have played just one game and had three picks for each team (2 each for Romo and Manning, 1 each for their backups), but I do not recall how many Atts there were. Obviously the number of int were high for a regular season game, but I sometimes think Madden is designed to be a bit "sloppier" in the preseason games.

At the time Humn AWR was 40, Kdwns at 60, QB accuracy at 55 for both Humn and AI. I intend to adopt sliders similar to the ones at the beginning of the thread next time I play Madden. But so far, allowing that NCAA is supposed to be a bit "sloppier," I have had similar success (or lack thereoff) in getting NCAA and Madden to match the teams I am simulating when using similar slider sets. The exact numbers on the sliders to produce the most accurate results are probably different, but it seems in my experiance the general effects of the sliders are similar in both games (as I would expect).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2007, 10:05 PM   #36
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Talk about bittersweet,The Eagles defeat the Cowboys 28-25 in a game dominated by Brian Westbrook who had 185 rushing+receiving yards and 3 TD's before being injured in the 4th qtr for the rest of the season The Eagles are now 5-3 and tied for first in the NFC East.Mcnabb had a solid game going 18 for 27 for 215 yards and 1td 1int.Tony Romo was 19 for 31 for 221 yards and 2Td's and 2 int's.Julius Jones and Marion Barber combined for 87 yards on 21 carries.Jason Witten had 7 catches for 85 yards.I played this game using the same sliders except for cpu accuracy which I moved to 69.Everything about the game was fantastic and I think I'm gonna stick with what I have right now.Thanks Cowerpower for all your help.I'll keep posting stats and tweaks(if nescessary) as I go along.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:38 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 6

What do you have right now Orion?

I just played against the Pats with the Redskins.

I made some adjustments to the sliders. I swear I'm playing a different Madden than other ppl. Both the CPU and I throw way more interceptions than anyone else talks about. I admit I suck at passing, but this feels cheap. Also, I'd like to add that I DO set up the pass with the run, so that is not my problem with passing. I prefer to run than pass, b/c I know when I pass it will probably be an INT, so I definitely "set up the pass" with the run.

The adjustments I made:
- Human QB Acc to 60
- CPU QB Acc to 65
- Human Knockdowns to 5
- CPU Knockdowns to 0

I had a 7 - 3 lead at halftime, but wound up losing 35 - 14

I like the running game, I just need to fix passing. Tom Brady went 29/41 (70%) with 4 INTs, and Campbell went 13/31 with 10 INTs.

I can throw a bullet on a post pattern and a super LB will intercept it. I can lead my receiver up and away on a fade, and a linebacker not facing the ball will suddenly turn aroudn and jump 5 yards to cut it off and make the pick. Or I can throw an accurate pass on a post pattern and it will go straight to the defender who is somehow 2 feet ahead of my receiver on his pattern.

I had passing pretty accurate in my previous set of sliders I was working on, but that had Human Awareness at 15, and CPU Awareness at 50, so I have to make some adjustments.

I'm going to try raising WR Catching to 75 Human and 55 CPU. This is what I had in my last set. It helps WRs catch balls that would normally be picked off.

Last edited by ninjamonkey; 12-18-2007 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:16 PM   #38
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

The sliders I use are the same as CP's first post except for 2 things,CPU accuracy 70 and human knockdowns 13.On a side note,10 int's is crazy,did you see the last post I left you on page 3? This should help.Otherwise throw short passes,crossing routes,slants,hooks,in's and outs and screens.I throw deep maybe twice a game.I use a short passing game and try to get YAC,typical west coast style.I highly recommend it.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:43 AM   #39
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Talk about bittersweet,The Eagles defeat the Cowboys 28-25 in a game dominated by Brian Westbrook who had 185 rushing+receiving yards and 3 TD's before being injured in the 4th qtr for the rest of the season The Eagles are now 5-3 and tied for first in the NFC East.Mcnabb had a solid game going 18 for 27 for 215 yards and 1td 1int.Tony Romo was 19 for 31 for 221 yards and 2Td's and 2 int's.Julius Jones and Marion Barber combined for 87 yards on 21 carries.Jason Witten had 7 catches for 85 yards.I played this game using the same sliders except for cpu accuracy which I moved to 69.Everything about the game was fantastic and I think I'm gonna stick with what I have right now.Thanks Cowerpower for all your help.I'll keep posting stats and tweaks(if nescessary) as I go along.
Again...sounds like you are having some great games now.
The stats actually look pretty good also.

I appreciate the props,but I can in no way take credit for these....only the adjustments that were made....and not really that either,as props should go out to you as well that helped with the running game.

I think kudos should go out to everyone that has and will continue to test and adjust accordingly.

Orion,Answer,Highheat,NimitsTexan and NinjaMonkey.

Thanks alot guys....all the help and insight has been GREATLY appreciated.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
Old 12-19-2007, 12:54 AM   #40
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamonkey
What do you have right now Orion?

I just played against the Pats with the Redskins.

I made some adjustments to the sliders. I swear I'm playing a different Madden than other ppl. Both the CPU and I throw way more interceptions than anyone else talks about. I admit I suck at passing, but this feels cheap. Also, I'd like to add that I DO set up the pass with the run, so that is not my problem with passing. I prefer to run than pass, b/c I know when I pass it will probably be an INT, so I definitely "set up the pass" with the run.

The adjustments I made:
- Human QB Acc to 60
- CPU QB Acc to 65
- Human Knockdowns to 5
- CPU Knockdowns to 0

I had a 7 - 3 lead at halftime, but wound up losing 35 - 14

I like the running game, I just need to fix passing. Tom Brady went 29/41 (70%) with 4 INTs, and Campbell went 13/31 with 10 INTs.

I can throw a bullet on a post pattern and a super LB will intercept it. I can lead my receiver up and away on a fade, and a linebacker not facing the ball will suddenly turn aroudn and jump 5 yards to cut it off and make the pick. Or I can throw an accurate pass on a post pattern and it will go straight to the defender who is somehow 2 feet ahead of my receiver on his pattern.

I had passing pretty accurate in my previous set of sliders I was working on, but that had Human Awareness at 15, and CPU Awareness at 50, so I have to make some adjustments.

I'm going to try raising WR Catching to 75 Human and 55 CPU. This is what I had in my last set. It helps WRs catch balls that would normally be picked off.
Wow.....Are you sure you downloaded the patch LOL. (just kidding)
Man oh man....I'm not sure what the problem could be on your end,this has me completely dumbfounded.

Do you by chance have it set on All Madden? I'm sure you don't,just making sure though.
It's hard to even try and give advice when I'm not seeing those problems.

I just glanced at your post again,and I noticed you have the knockdowns real low for both teams.....could my theory be correct?? in that the lower that setting is, the more pics you'll get due to the db's not going for the knockdown...instead opting for the pic?

Like Orion asked...did you check out his post pertaining to your earlier one?

Oh yea.....quit playing the damn Patriots. Play against a weaker defense to get a feel for these.

I apologize I couldn't be more help...but it's kind of hard to help when I'm not experiencing the same problems.
Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »