Home

CowherPowers adjusted awr sliders.

This is a discussion on CowherPowers adjusted awr sliders. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2007, 02:39 AM   #57
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: CowherPowers adjusted awr sliders.

Cowher,

Are you noticing your DB's reacting realistically w/ the knockdowns at 40?

And how about the CPU accuracy? Does he seem to make reasonable throws?

And does raising the Wr catch make the CPU's Wr go after the ball better?

I am still torn myself. I picked off two passes in the first half of the Raiders against Detroit with Human knockdowns at 50 (cpu WR catch at 9) and noticed that Asomuga correctly read and jumped a hitch route, whereas Roy Williams (the WR) made no attempt to catch it.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:33 AM   #58
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I agree.....I just posted some of the changes I made,and so far (I know it's only 1 game) it seemed to be better. I don't think I will go below that # though. So hopefully we may have found a "workable" compromise.

As for the second part....that is very strange,I've never ran into that before. Hell.....I can't even THINK of a possible scenario which would cause them not to attempt the onsides kick.
I've seen the exact opposite. A team elects to onside kick despite being down 30 points with 20 seconds left in the game. You can't help thinking: WHY BOTHER?

Last edited by NimitsTexan; 12-20-2007 at 07:08 AM.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:08 AM   #59
Pro

OVR: 6

Boy this game is frustrating.

Just beat the Eagles with the Skins, 43-23

Westbrook tore me up for 152 yds on 30 rushes (5.1 ypc).
Player of the game was Betts, who had 86 yds on 29 rushes (2.9 ypc) and 3 catches for 80 yds.

Campbell went 10/23, with 3 ints and 2 tds

Here's the zinger, McNabb went 15/30, with 1 td and....7 INTS.

Wtf. I remind you, the CPU was McNabb, not me. I also remind you, I have Human Knockdowns at 5, and CPU QB Acc at 69. Why is this happening. At least 2 of the INTs seemed like super DBs, but McNabb kept making really dumb throws.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:08 AM   #60
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

Are you sure you have downloaded the patch? Seriously? Actually, even before the patch I do not think I ever saw the AI throw interceptions at that rate . . .

To things: first, just for the heck of it, try putting knockdowns back closer to 50. I have heard people suggest that low human knockdowns lead to human DBs playing "softer" zones. They sit back and do little to interrupt the pass most of the time, but consequently are just sitting back ready for a ball that gets near them to intercept. I am wondering if knockdowns are really a slider best left alone.

Second, try lower human AWR to 35. It might be a good compromise between Int and defensive reaction. I actually got decent INT stats with AWR at 35, but I have moved it up to the 40-45 range because of other defensive problems.

Third, maybe understand that EA football games are a little interecption happy against the AI no matter what we do. 7 picks in this may be more analagous to 4-5 picks in real life. I am not sayinh that is a good answer, but it is something to consider.

However, I have never seen more than 3 picks against the AI in any Madden game since the patch. Maybe I have been strangely fortunate, or maybe you are just running into a sting of coding "coincidences" that will run their course soon.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:48 AM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamonkey
Boy this game is frustrating.

Just beat the Eagles with the Skins, 43-23

Westbrook tore me up for 152 yds on 30 rushes (5.1 ypc).
Player of the game was Betts, who had 86 yds on 29 rushes (2.9 ypc) and 3 catches for 80 yds.

Campbell went 10/23, with 3 ints and 2 tds

Here's the zinger, McNabb went 15/30, with 1 td and....7 INTS.

Wtf. I remind you, the CPU was McNabb, not me. I also remind you, I have Human Knockdowns at 5, and CPU QB Acc at 69. Why is this happening. At least 2 of the INTs seemed like super DBs, but McNabb kept making really dumb throws.
Try bringing User Defensive Awareness way down, below 25. No use in having more realistic movement from defensive players if it's going to lead to 7 ints.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2007, 11:55 AM   #62
Pro

OVR: 10

Ive come to the conclussion that no matter what the sliders are set to, each game will have a very different experience/ result. I usually always play on all-madden with sliders but have been playing on all-pro. And although Ive had some crazy blowouts on the cpu, the stats attract me more. Now Im just trying to get the cpu to play to a higher level without the All-Madden (cheap feeling).

I feel Im getting pretty close but games are to random on this game. For instance I am the Chargers and I played the Pats/Cheifs. Now I ran all day on the Pats but the cheifs I struggled against. You would think it would be the other way around. Also the chiefs only ran the ball 5 times (6min qrt) and I was only up by 7 most of the game. Then I play the Raiders and Justin Fargas has 27 carries and I cant tackle him for beans (175 yds 2 td's). The game is so random I swear. The Raiders game was great game coming down to a last minute drive for me to lose the game by 3. But then the next game I play the Texans and win 38-9.

Sliders are so hard to copy off another due to everyone playing different but if anyone wants to know what I've been using here it is. (Its a bit tougher than CowherPowers) But I know everyone is looking for something different.

Human/cpu
qb acc 45 /70
pass block 100/100
wr cat 60/90
rb abl 45/ 85 (I play safety to stop big runs, lower to 70 if on D-Line)
run blck 0/ 100

Human/CPU
aware 5/100
knockdowns 10/100
int 0/0
b block 45/100
Tackle 90/100

Sorry not trying to hi-jack the thread just didnt think it merited creating another thread. Just throwing these out for anyone looking for a bit tougher game on all-pro.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:31 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 6

Yes, I'm sure I got the patch. When I turne don ym 360 it said there was an update for Madden. Plus, my 360 is online all the itme, and I haven't been asked to download an update for Madden sicne that time.

I had passing pretty realistic with my previous set of sliders, but that involved Human awareness at 15, and I got tired of my players being so dumb.

I'm going to try a game with knockdowns at 40 or 50 instead of 5.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:27 PM   #64
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie75
Cowher,

Are you noticing your DB's reacting realistically w/ the knockdowns at 40?
To be honest,it seems like they reacted pretty good at this setting,I had tried it much higher,while leaving the wr catch at 13...it was decent,but I noticed the wr's didn't go for the ball enough.
I then lowered my knockdowns,as well as upped the wr catch,and it seemed prety good.

Quote:
And how about the CPU accuracy? Does he seem to make reasonable throws?
When I raised the cpu acc,they seem to do a better job,in my last game with Buffalo,Losman only through 1 pic. The most I had during pre-season 1pic by the starters as well...and this was with the original set of sliders that I posted on the first page.

Quote:
And does raising the Wr catch make the CPU's Wr go after the ball better?
I'm actually torn on this one. I use to think that's what it did,but I'm not so sure anymore. I think instead of actually "fighting" for position,they just actually hold on better after big hits...or after hits in general.

Quote:
I am still torn myself. I picked off two passes in the first half of the Raiders against Detroit with Human knockdowns at 50 (cpu WR catch at 9) and noticed that Asomuga correctly read and jumped a hitch route, whereas Roy Williams (the WR) made no attempt to catch it.
This in my opinion is why they need an awareness slider for offense as well.
I think the wr's ability to go for the ball is based more on his awareness,then actually adjusting the wr catch slider.....adjusting that slider to high,will result (imo) in catches that they should simply not be making.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »