Home

NJPapi's Madden 09 Custom Sliders (360 and PS3)

This is a discussion on NJPapi's Madden 09 Custom Sliders (360 and PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 11:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Exclamation NJPapi's Madden 09 Custom Sliders (360 and PS3)

http://vetzballin.com/modules.php?na...ewtopic&t=2987

What's up Madden Ballers:

Yet another year of Madden is here and with the new slider format I have come up with a good starter set.

I have been working on them since I got the game last Thursday and these are good for starters.

Remember that this are intended for you to tweak to your liking and skill set.

I cant provide the perfect sliders for each since I dont know your skill level but this set should give you a base to make your job a bit easier.

Some very important notes about these sliders are:

1. Use only the action came

2. These are not all pro or all madden sliders. These are custom and each function is geared towards all madden and the max level which I call Hall Of Fame Level

As we all know, this years game has no cpu sliders which is nonsense on the part of EA to remove them since it is always good to tap into the cpu skill set. But it is what it is and we have to live with it until they patch it or a new madden is out next year.

The good thing is that in no way are the sliders broken for Madden like NCAA were. This is important because the cpu plays a tough game and fixing the human skill set will make the game harder or easier for the human baller

The Special Team sliders are universal so they affect both sides equally.

So here we go:

Sub In and Out Sliders

QB Out: 0
QB In: 1
RB Out: 41
RB In: 100
WR Out: 0
WR In: 1
FB/TE: 0
FB/TE: 1
OL Out: 0
OL In: 1

DT Out: 41
DT In: 100
DE Out: 41
DE In: 100
LB Out: 0
LB In: 1
CB Out: 0
CB In: 1
S Out: 0
S In: 1

GamePlay:

Injuries: On or Off ( I prefer off because they happe to often)

Fatigue: On

Special Teams Settings:

FG Power: 25 (This seems just right for length of field goals)

FG Accuracy: 20 (This will make long kicks have drama in them)

Punt Power: 45 (Lowering this will help lower the return game yardage)

Punt Accuracy: 55 (This will make your punting job a bit easier for coffin kicks

Kick Off Power: 45 (Improved from last year but still not there so lower it)

Game Rules: I use 8 min quarters for stat purposes and works great

All Penalties Maxed out except for the following:

Face Mask: 80 (This gets called enough at this set)

Roughin Passer: (Hitting the qb on time or a bit late is just right at default)

Roughin Kicker: (See Roughin Passer)

Pre Snap Menu: On or Off

Weapons Settings: People get these confuse with not using weapons and using them. But all this does is remove the icons from the screen but the player is still a weapon but you just wont see the icons. This can be left on or off as per the user except smart weapons must be On and Weapon Mismatch must be off because Smart Weapons can pick up on tendencies like real life but Mismatch should be up to you and not the cpu doing your job

Camera: Action Cam is very important to this new madden. The classci camera makes passing to easy and makes rocket catches to easy and makes picking off the cpu to easy. The Action Cam makes throwing bombs a task and makes rocket catches near impossible like it should be and not to mention user picking is toned down with Action Cam.

Pre Set Skill Level: Custom

As we all know and if you dont know then pay attention here. The slider section has a sub section for each game skill. On the 360 you must press on button (A) when you highlight the Passing Section of the sliders and on the PS3 you must press on the (X). Once you press the button it will bring up a new folder called Tweaking which is the main set of sliders that determine the overall for Passing Skill Slider, Rushing Skill Slider, Pass Defense Skill Slider, and Rush Defense Skill Slider.

On the Passing Skill Slider it has a sub folder with Tweaking Passing that has 3 new sliders called QB Accuracy, Pass Blocking, and WR Catching. These are the sliders that determine the overall of the Passing Skill Slider which goes from 0-20. 0 being easier for the human and 20 being the Hall Of Fame level that I like to call since if you put the pre set skill level to rookie it makes all the 4 skill sliders 0 and if you put it at Pro it makes them 5, if you put them on All Pro it makes them a 10 and if you put it at All Madden it puts them at 15. Therefore this year EA gaves us a new difficutly level that I call Hall Of fame which is all at 20

The Madden I.Q will always keep recording even when you dont use the My Skill Level. Which is a great thing since i like to see how I am doing from quarter to quarter and game to game but keep my custom settings

Passing Skill Set (17)

Tweaking Passing Sliders

QB Accuracy: 12 (This will make passing a bit harder since you must keep feet planted and read the field)

Pass Blocking: 23 to 25 (This will give you just enough protection but not for to long)

WR Catching: 12 to 10 (Demo had to many drops but I dont see it on retail so this is just fine)

Rushing Skill Set (18)

Tweaking Rushing Sliders

Broken Tackles: 7 (This will give you enough broken tackles to wear it does not get stupid)

Run Blocking: 35 to 25 (This will open up holes but if you don't read them well they close fast. Remember to not use sprint button until you are in the secondary)

Fumbles: 5 to 0 (Last year there were to many and this year they don't happeb to often but I prefer that over to many. If you want to raise this then please do but remember that it only affects the human)

Pass Defense Skill Set (15)

Tweaking Pass Defense Sliders:

Reaction Time: 67 to 65 (This will make stopping the cpu qb a bit easier and makes your defenders react better to outside runs and crossing and out patterns)

Interceptions: 0 (Interceptions seem toned down big time but even at 0 you can still get them when they are there for the taking)

Pass Rushing: 10 to 12 (This will give you enough pressure if you cover well which should happen with the raised reaction time)

Rush Defense Skill Set (20)

Tweaking Rush Defense Sliders:

Reaction Time: 0 (The CPU has problems running therefore this shoud help)

Block Shedding: 0 (This will help the cpu find holes)

Tackling: 32 to 2 (This will make tackling easier on receviers who seem to break to many but I found out that using the strip button which is (A) on 360 and (X) on PS3 a huge error. All tackles should be running into the ball carrier or hit sticking when in traffic)

Game Style: Advanced

There are 4 Game Style settings which are Begginers, Intermediate, Advanced and Hardcore

The first 2 are not for Madden ballers and are there for your girlfriends or new players to football video games

The Advanced level is the best because it allows the celebration icon to appera which might suck for some but not for others. But the biggest reason is that you can get more replays and backtracks like this. On Hardcore you get no replays after nice plays and I have yet to see a backtrac on hardcore. Just make sure that you put the rewind from 1 to 0 before starting a game since on Advanced they give you 1. If you dont care about backtrack and replays then choose Hardcore and remember that this does not affect gameplay.

In game Hints: For the hardcore Madden players this should be off and if you are new to the game then leave it on to know how to use each player at each position as what this does is give you an icon under the player telling you what button to press to get that player to play to his skill set.

Last edited by SimBaller22; 08-13-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 12:06 AM   #2
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NJPapi's Madden 09 Custom Sliders (360 and PS3)

gonna give these a shot now....they look good

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 08-13-2008, 12:10 AM   #3
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Ahh Papi, is on top of it again

Must of killed him to learn there were no CPU sliders at launch.

Anyways boys..if you go through his stuff you'll come out a man.

His sets are brutal and usually require you to focus all game....None of that talkin on the phone while playing stuff......you'll find yourself in a hole faster then you can say "pick 6"

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 08-13-2008, 12:16 AM   #4
Rookie

How many minutes? And I apologize in advance if I am not seeing them. Thanks
Old 08-13-2008, 12:21 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotZfunk
How many minutes? And I apologize in advance if I am not seeing them. Thanks

8 but these work for any minute set
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 12:24 AM   #6

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

8 Minutes
Old 08-13-2008, 12:26 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller22
8 but these work for any minute set
Thanks, I immediately saw the minutes after I posted that. Sorry!
Old 08-13-2008, 12:31 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

They look pretty hard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »