Home

Getting long term injuries in franchise?

This is a discussion on Getting long term injuries in franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Getting long term injuries in franchise?

I might have to up my injury slider - I very very rarely have injuries that last a game much less for weeks.

I thought I was going to have a scare when Flacco got hurt once and left the game entirely, but he was fine after the game.

I have injuries on 38 now and end up with several "out for a little while if you don't want to put them back in" injuries, but nothing severe. One of the CPU players even got carted off the field, and he was fine after the game.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

KB its a double edge sword with injuries. To get them at a realistic pace your gonna have to up it above 50. The bad part is then you will get too many sim injuries from the cpu. I left mine at 50 and have had many a injury happen. The tradeoff is that there is usually a ton of guys on the banged up list.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:44 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 11

It's funny because after I made that post about not getting many long term injuries, I lost D'Quell Jackson for the season in my Browns franchise today. Irony!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2009, 01:25 AM   #12
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

I think there's an option when you start a franchise to use pre-existing injuries as well. Not sure if anyone was hurt in the off-season, but if it's set to no, then you might have missed out (heh, sounds funny!) on some injuries.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:34 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have always played with injuries at 100 and I rarely finish the season with more than one guy on IR. However, I speculated that perhaps some funky things happen when sliders are maxed so I moved the slider to 95 and found that they almost doubled in frequency but had no effect on the severity. My running back, J. Stewart, was getting injured every couple runs but sometimes he would get injured and come back in before the next play even started... I'd like to add that no matter how high you sent injuries it has no noticeable effect on sim injuries. Like I said, I've always had it at 100 and other teams range from 1-8 players on IR by the end of the season with about 1 career ending injury per conference. However, I have done no testing with the new patch.

It doesn't seem possible to get realistic results with the injury slider, you just have to deal with it or, as tough as it may be, IR anyone who sustains an injury.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:02 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

I haven't lost any players long term during game play, but at the start of this season (year 2 in my falcons franchise) I simmed my preseason games and then started the regular season with two O-linemen out for 4-6 weeks and Mike Peterson (LB) out for the season with a broken tailbone. OUCH!
Old 12-11-2009, 06:47 PM   #15
Rookie

steelernation28's Arena

OVR: 21

My starting rookie QB broke his back on the third play of the first game of the preseason and it ended his career. post patch 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2009, 07:47 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation28
My starting rookie QB broke his back on the third play of the first game of the preseason and it ended his career. post patch 2
Yikes...

Poor kid...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »