Home

Sonic's CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Sonic's CPU vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2010, 10:13 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Sonic's CPU vs CPU Sliders

Sonic,

Were you still planning on updating your sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2010, 10:49 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubascus
Sonic,

Were you still planning on updating your sliders?
Yes. I have not updated in quite some time as I have been doing lots of testing.

I have tried what seems to be every combination and permutation of sliders that I can to get the set that works for me.

2 main problems - Ints and lack of pass defence. I have tried to find a balance between the two but can seem to get it with any set. I doubt this can be fixed at this point. Instead, I chose a slider set that seemed to balance all the sets that I have experimented with. I have about 60 games in with this current set in a new franchise (32 user controlled teams) but want to get about another 50-60 before I post them.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:59 AM   #27
Rookie

these sliders are great i had some fun watching these games cant wait to see if u improve em!
Old 02-06-2010, 07:30 AM   #28
Rookie

Well I still have a ways to go before I am done my testing. But I will post the sliders that I have decided to use. Once I hit the mid point of my franchise, I will post the data that I have.

Currently, I am happy with just about everything except for the INTs. MI88 seems to have the same issue but every set of sliders that I worked with had this problem. The sliders I list below are at just under 3 per game (2.94) between the two teams. In reality we should be seeing an avg of 2 Ints thrown a game between the 2 teams. My Ints will probably go up as I sub out QBs for bad performances....and I know that the backups will throw even more.

Anyway, here are my settings. I will post on the original slide later with my findings.

Set both User and CPU sliders exactly the same.

User and CPU sliders

Special Teams

Penalties

everything 100 except holding - 52, Facemask - 62, and clipping - 65

Fatigue - 100

Off subs
70/80
60/80
45/60
15/20
0/1

Def subs
60/80
60/80
40/50
30/40
30/40

Coaching philosophy run v pass

between 10 and 50 - you need to change this up to ensure that you get the right balance of plays between run and pass. eg. I usually run Ind at 40 or 50. MIN is usually at 20-40. This is really up to you but helps with the run production.

I think these are the sliders that I will stay with as I am pretty happy with them stat wise (except INTs) but I will still post my findings periodically for others interested. I will also post how I manage my franchise in order to keep this more realistic.

Again, as i have always said, do not base the sliders on 1 or 2 games.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:05 AM   #29
Rookie

hey sup man i combined ur stuff with m188s stuff and its working out great in a franchise ok i use ur sub sliders pent.s and the length and threshold and fatigue and i use m188s sliders 20 on everything for cpu skill and everything on 0 for player skills im playing the saints and the lions ill post the stats when im done
Old 02-07-2010, 02:11 AM   #30
Rookie

i dont think anything can stop the ints ive used urs and m188s sliders and i still get a lot sometimes but i can live with it
Old 02-07-2010, 02:33 AM   #31
Rookie

k i had a pretty bad game lol idk whats goin on some games are really sweet and they turn bad the next game im not goin to mix them anymore
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2010, 04:18 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by woop1234
i dont think anything can stop the ints ive used urs and m188s sliders and i still get a lot sometimes but i can live with it
This what I said earlier. It won't matter what sliders you use. Hence the reason I said that I would now live with the INTs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woop1234
k i had a pretty bad game lol idk whats goin on some games are really sweet and they turn bad the next game im not goin to mix them anymore
Let me know how it works out for you after a good batch of games and what settings/sliders you use. But I think what you are referring to, is what I call runaway games. essentially, this is where both teams Qbs go Robo on each other. Again, much like the INTs, this is something you will see on just about every set of sliders. Although, I do not see the crzy pass yds that I used to. 245 seems to be the avg for team pass yds per game.

The reason my sliders are the way they are is to allow the run game to develop. This diminishes the need for the QBs to go robo. You will notice that teams get decent team rushing yardage and make good use of the backups. The only thing that
I am trying to work on now is getting a few less carries by the RB1 without making him tire completely out of the game....but to me this is getting nitpicky.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »