Home

Sonic's CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Sonic's CPU vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2010, 04:29 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Sonic's CPU vs CPU Sliders

try setting the QB sub in/out settings to 90 out/95 in that helped in my testing.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:53 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooma
try setting the QB sub in/out settings to 90 out/95 in that helped in my testing.
I saw your post in Mi88's thread and was planning on trying this....do you know why that is? does the Qb get subbed out frequently? Or is it just one of those weird things with the sliders?
Old 02-07-2010, 06:13 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

Honestly i have no idea, i think it may just be one of those things. Try it out see if it helps, i think i had the occasional 4 or 5 interception game but that happens it is the NFL after all. The starter stays in all game no actual substitution takes place just seems to stay rested some how.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2010, 01:20 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

ill test urs too i posted my stats on mi88s sliders ill post for urs too i did the lions vs saints ill do the same for u and compare
Old 02-07-2010, 01:53 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooma
Honestly i have no idea, i think it may just be one of those things. Try it out see if it helps, i think i had the occasional 4 or 5 interception game but that happens it is the NFL after all. The starter stays in all game no actual substitution takes place just seems to stay rested some how.
Well....I tried this through my last 7 games. The total INTs in each game were the following:

5, 0, 1, 0, 0, 2, 4.

I know its only 7 games but only 12 picks. That's less than the NFL avg of ~2 per game. Point worth mentioning is that in the last game with the 4 Ints, Carson Palmer's younger brother started the game and threw 3 picks. Considering that he sucks may have contributed to so many picks in a game.

Anyway, it may be a coincidence or it could simply be something with the sliders. Either way, I'll keep trying it while it works.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicZulu25
Well I still have a ways to go before I am done my testing. But I will post the sliders that I have decided to use. Once I hit the mid point of my franchise, I will post the data that I have.

Currently, I am happy with just about everything except for the INTs. MI88 seems to have the same issue but every set of sliders that I worked with had this problem. The sliders I list below are at just under 3 per game (2.94) between the two teams. In reality we should be seeing an avg of 2 Ints thrown a game between the 2 teams. My Ints will probably go up as I sub out QBs for bad performances....and I know that the backups will throw even more.

Anyway, here are my settings. I will post on the original slide later with my findings.

Set both User and CPU sliders exactly the same.

User and CPU sliders

Special Teams

Penalties

everything 100 except holding - 52, Facemask - 62, and clipping - 65

Fatigue - 100

Off subs
70/80
60/80
45/60
15/20
0/1

Def subs
60/80
60/80
40/50
30/40
30/40

Coaching philosophy run v pass

between 10 and 50 - you need to change this up to ensure that you get the right balance of plays between run and pass. eg. I usually run Ind at 40 or 50. MIN is usually at 20-40. This is really up to you but helps with the run production.

I think these are the sliders that I will stay with as I am pretty happy with them stat wise (except INTs) but I will still post my findings periodically for others interested. I will also post how I manage my franchise in order to keep this more realistic.

Again, as i have always said, do not base the sliders on 1 or 2 games.
hey do u only need one controller ? like MI88 he uses two and i want to run a franchise if these sliders go well so could u share with me ur injurie process how u sim injuries i saw on the first page u had a process for franchise injuries if u could thanks
Old 02-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by woop1234
hey do u only need one controller ? like MI88 he uses two and i want to run a franchise if these sliders go well so could u share with me ur injurie process how u sim injuries i saw on the first page u had a process for franchise injuries if u could thanks
You dont need to do the controller thing for mine. I tried it for a while but didnt see any difference.

For injuries, all you need to do a separate save of the franchise at the end of each week. Play out all the games cpu vs cpu. You will get no injuries of course. Then go back to the save file you have at the end of the previous week and sim the week you just played out. Record all the injuries. Then go back to the other save file that had just finished the week playing out the cpu v cpu games.

You will have to sub out the players from every position that they could possibly fill prior to the next game. eg. A LG must be taken out of all the lineman positions, TE, and the LS positions. Once you take him out of the top 3 spots at each position he will not be put in the next game you play out with this team (at least I have yet to see this happen).

Just make sure that you sign adequate FAs to keep your roster healthy as the game will not queue you to do so here as the injuries that you have are not recognized by your game.

This isnt entirely accurate as the player is assumed to have gotten hurt at the end of the game....not realistic but it is the best that I can do.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:57 PM   #40
Rookie

how do u set up ur game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »