Home

Which sliders are the sliders for YOU?

This is a discussion on Which sliders are the sliders for YOU? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2011, 08:15 AM   #33
Rookie

BradyBunch88's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Which sliders are the sliders for YOU?

duhitsrandy man, I just want to say thank you.

I tried Playmakers, mkharsh33, Versuz2, m12 and Trinity's Madden sliders.

But for me Jarrod21s Madden 12 sliders are the best out there right now! Challenging and realistic. His sliders suit my gameplay and what's cool is that he helped me adjust the sliders to really personalize the game for me and make them challenging and realistic to my style of play.

So I just want to thank you dude, I did a google search, saw this thread (back in September) and if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have found Jarrod21s sliders.

So thank you dude! Do one for Madden 13 and keep it updated!

Thanks bro.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:55 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 4

aw well thank you i let this thread kinda fall back a few spots because i wasn't sure how many people were using it since there didn't seem to be many new slider threads. but saw your reply and decided to check a few more, so i added a few more to the list and will do another update soon sorting them all by difficulty and possibly adding more.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:13 AM   #35
Rookie

dboyfresh89deuce's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhitsrandy
aw well thank you i let this thread kinda fall back a few spots because i wasn't sure how many people were using it since there didn't seem to be many new slider threads. but saw your reply and decided to check a few more, so i added a few more to the list and will do another update soon sorting them all by difficulty and possibly adding more.
I was kinda wondering if you can check mine out its under dboyfresh89deuce custom madden 12 sliders, its a newer version of what i had, its on the the first page.. Id like some feedback and see what you think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2011, 01:45 PM   #36
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

These are progressing really well too. Thanks to all the feedback

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...o-realism.html
Old 10-15-2011, 09:19 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 4

ok thanks ill check both of those out, not home to check them this minute but i looked at em and ill put both up by the end of the weekend.

also i was wondering what you guys feel about the threshold slider. i myself was a firm 45/50 player because i didnt want to see big play after big play every game.. that is until i dropped it to 0 just to see what was gonna happen. the majority of the time it wasn't my players getting bigger seperation, it was the defense closing in of the ball that much faster. i had a few easy bombs which could've been just easy blown coverage but i bumped the threshold to 20 and its giving my interesting games. with the combination of playmakers low end qba chart the cpu is hitting me with some more short-mid range throws and with the threshold they actually can get some YAC which is leading to more realistic numbers.

idk ive been a 45 threshold player since they introduced the slider so i wont make any bold claims yet but i just wanted to see what you guys thought about it

Last edited by duhitsrandy; 10-15-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

IMO, the "best" threshold goes hand in hand with how the sliders resolve the game, and, of course, preference.

Some want speed to be a big weapon and only matched by equal or at least very similar speed. Others want to minimize the impacts of speed, making positioning, awareness and other physical traits stand out more.

I think both are right in some combination. Speed is a weapon, but only in open spaces. I don't think speed should very often zip through defenders as if they were standing still (unless, for whatever reason, they are standing still), but speed shouldn't be minimized either. There is some level of speed difference that is unrecoverable. A lineman is not going to catch a DJax with a head of steam. However, he shouldn't go from hardly moving to full speed when surrounded unless he can use his other physical skills to get free.

So I think the extremes are less "correct" in that 0 makes speed work unless completely surrounded, making containment and "managing areas" underpowered, and 100 makes speed hardly work, even in open space - causing raw speed to be underpowered. I'm leaning towards somewhere around 30 myself. That lets speed do damage and pull away, but speed has to get open and room to work. There's a reason why Desean Jackson and other burners don't just get the ball and are gone.

So why not 50? I think that's too much splitting the middle - a "safe" setting (which is why it's default), but it lets slower players work by speed (since faster guys won't get as much separation) instead of via awareness and containment. I don't think it punishes slower AWR/PRC/mistakes in positioning enough.

Just my view. Obviously I don't have answers and am not trying to say what I do, just how I view the threshold slider.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:30 PM   #39
Banned

Gurky26's Arena

OVR: 0

Nice post, thanks for putting the work in.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:08 PM   #40
"I am Tiger Woods"

gottibino's Arena

OVR: 20

AWESOME form & GREAT WORK!!! just the info i needed. i stopped playing since NBA2k12 came out & looking to get it back in my rotation. thanks for your time & efforts!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »