Home

Robcards' All-Madden sliders for realistic stats, ideal for Franchise

This is a discussion on Robcards' All-Madden sliders for realistic stats, ideal for Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #49
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Robcards' All-Madden sliders for realistic stats, ideal for Franchise

Just played 2 games with your sliders, i modified them slightly after the first game to better suit my play style

Really like em, both intense games, realistic stats

I mean the first game brady (CPU) threw 70% ..but that's not like its unreal
and they only ran for 11 yards

Just tweaked user pass d to 50 reaction 25 interception
and tweaked computer run block to 50

Computer avgd 4.3 ypc in the 2nd game, threw 62% accuracy with matt shaub

Best set i've used to date.

My only complaint about them is ...i cant get any sacks...like at all... 1 sack out of 2 games, and that was on a hailmary attempt that he sat in the pocket for 10 seconds

Last edited by NFCastle; 09-15-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:23 AM   #50
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9

Depends on who you play as and against really. You need to have pass rushers to get sacks on these settings. Other slider sets my run stopping DEs would average a sack a game which was just stupid, mainly whoever plays LE. With these sliders I'm having to come up with creative blitz packages to get sacks usually, or get coverage sacks, you won't get freebies where the LE just bowls over the tackle and bee lines it to the QB for an easy sack. The Jets aren't known for their pass rush so as such I'm kind of in the mid to bottom of the league in sacks which makes sense. Someone posted earlier about playing as the Bears and registering 6 sacks in a game with these sliders, which also makes sense.
After making this post I played the Broncos in my franchise and after only having 14 sacks in the first 8 games, I put up 6 on Orton, all from different players, including both safeties (see above saying to call creative blitz packages, the 2-4-5 Nickel double safety blitz got me a sack with my FS, think the SS got one on a zone blitz).

In another note, I put min speed threshold to 0 to test it out, and I'm actually getting less big plays. So going to keep it at 0 for now, the AI likes to throw to an open TE that has open field in front of him and my corners can't even catch up to him the way I had it before, so 0 seems better for that, fast receivers aren't always blowing everyone away with their speed on this setting either, it's just more possible.

Last edited by Robcards; 09-15-2011 at 04:48 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:18 AM   #51
MVP

Robcards's Arena

I think cold streaks need to be toned down a bit. I feel that the sliders were perfect going into this franchise, but Sanchez has been on a cold streak the entire season and I can't play a game without throwing at least one pick. I've found myself changing the sliders just to compensate for how brutal cold streaks are.

Also I'm not sure if its cold streak related or what, but the CPU broken tackles are completely out of control. With the same HUM 25 tackle rating my guys absolutely cannot make a single tackle, I have put CPU broken tackle down to 0 and still the same. Mostly on passes though so I'm thinking that the broken tackle rating only affects running, which would be ******** because then the whole point of these sliders is shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 04:22 AM   #52
MVP

Robcards's Arena

I think 15 is the sweet spot for HUM fumbles and 10 for CPU. I actually thought there were more fumbles in the NFL but based on these numbers an average of 1 fumble every other game was forced and about 5-6 recovered over 16 games. I thought it was more like 1 forced per game and 8-10 over the season.

Last edited by Robcards; 09-15-2011 at 05:24 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:29 AM   #53
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

One more thing i noticed after af ew more games

thought it was a fluke in the first 2, but

EVERY long bomb the computer throws is an auto completion...defenders dont turn around to knock it away...whether you let the computer do it, or switch to the defender manually....he just crouches down behind the reciever and doesnt turn around or play the ball

and out of 4 games i still only have 1 sack, im afraid if i bump pass rush up the entire passing game will be changed and the computer will struggle immensely, what are your thoughts on that rob?

Last edited by NFCastle; 09-15-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #54
MVP

Robcards's Arena

I wouldn't touch pass rush, have you tried calling safety, corner or zone blitzes? Using lb pass rush on passing downs? Controlling a lb and covering the obvious route so you get a coverage sack works too. Also what team are you and what teams have you played against? Some teams just don't get sacks they have a run stopping front 7 or bad pass rushers
Old 09-15-2011, 01:18 PM   #55
MVP

Robcards's Arena

Ok, I may have found a franchise solution to the issues I've experienced. It seems that fatigue affects defense way worse than offense so I've lowered it a bit and already noticing I'm not giving up 100 yards a quarter to Grossman. And the fumble numbers I was looking at were just from run plays I guess, the Jets recovered 18 fumbles last year so half of em came on passing plays or special teams, so going back down to 13 HUM fumble and 8 CPU fumble see how that works.

Well lowering fatigue seemed to help my defense a ton but not the CPU defense, maybe the Jets just have the worst depth on defense lol, had it at 52 and they couldnt move the ball gonna go halfway to 57 see how that works out.

Last edited by Robcards; 09-15-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 03:51 PM   #56
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards
I wouldn't touch pass rush, have you tried calling safety, corner or zone blitzes? Using lb pass rush on passing downs? Controlling a lb and covering the obvious route so you get a coverage sack works too. Also what team are you and what teams have you played against? Some teams just don't get sacks they have a run stopping front 7 or bad pass rushers

ya, i've tried a variety of differnet blitz packages

I may have found a solution for my this problem with my playing style at least...as you mentioned EVERYONE will have different results based on their skill levels.

For user pass defense I went
40/25/10

Been getting 1-4 sacks per game 1,2,2,4 for the 4 games I've played
computer threw 52% with tavarris jackson, 63% with aaron rodgers, 61% with tom brady and 59% with matt ryan

So the completion % is still pretty good.

Love the sliders man, best base set i've used, and with just a few minor tweaks, they have provided realistic results and fun gameplay

Thanks for putting your time and effort into these and sharing them

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »