Home

Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #5169
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsrule01
Sorry for the double post, if I turn the settings to Pro let's say for practice only, and reset it before the game, will that mess things up?

I don't know how anyone could play above the red sliders, they are tough enough as is, the next two would just be ridiculous.

For tackling, is the best thing to just run into them, use the hit stick, or the x-button (xbox 360)?
Tackle button. Hit sticking rarely seems to work unless the player has very little momentum going against you, otherwise it glances off. Also, I've noticed that using the tackle button when you are too far away doesn't work as well, either. Even if your player gets to them, they usually will swing off if it was a leaping tackle where they just get their fingers on them. Not that I'm an expert, this is just what I've noticed.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #5170
Rookie

OVR: 2

One thing I have noticed though, is if I juke or spin, the CPU defender still hones in on me, whereas when they do it, my guys freeze, totally whiff, or don't even get near the RB. It's strange.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #5171
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponX24
I'm going to try to finish out the season with this set and then probably bump it up for next season. I still have some major division games left so I'm anticipating to split he series with them. We'll see.

Okay cool.. We'll review the sliders after the season then..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #5172
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeemitchee4
ok jarrod 3 games into my season and I am struggling I am 1-2 on the season I beat the cowboys first game 35-17 then lost a contest vs the buccaneers 19-7 and just lost to the carolina panthers 30-13. (my thoughts) I seem to be throwing to many pics the thing that sucks is I know they are my fault. had a good game going with the panthers had the lead, lost it then pulled within one had carolina on a 3rd and long situation and newton bombed the ball to steve smith who was doubled covered by my safety and one of my cb and he caught the ball for a touchdown that took the wind right out of the sails lol.

I am having trouble getting my running game going prolly cause my starter bradshaw got hurt in the preseason and was out for 3 weeks and I have been using my rookie back those 3 games.. Wilson is good but he needs a little seasoning before he is ready to compete. Went out and got thomas jones to fill the 2nd string till bradshaw comes back. Defensively not playing to bad the defense would be holding there own but my offense is so slow out the gate.

usually dont start playing any offense till second half not sure why. The game against carolina could have gone differently but my young reciever reuben randall keeps dropping wide open td passes. is has plagued him all this young season so need to help him in that department. overall sliders are great just having personell issues I believe. I will let you know how the next 3 games turn out hopefully I can pull out of this 2 game skid.
Things will start to get better the more you start adjusting to things. You should use D.Wilson on more outside plays during his rookie year. He had a good rookie season for me backing up Bradshaw and Brown..
Old 03-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #5173
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakeWorm
Mmk, I'll raise the blockshedding up by five so they can stop my run better. And I have no idea what I'm doing wrong on the pass. I'm mixing things up, spreading my line, throwing some 5-6 mans against them once in a while, throw in bump and run sometimes. It's just like my players have horrid reaction times. The guy they are covering will stop moving and just wait for the ball, and they'll stop moving five yards away and just sit there. And I only got 5 ints all season this last season. I have several plays a game where I move a guy into position and he makes the catch animation right on the ball, but it bounces out of his hands.

And this is with having Revis leading my secondary, which has five guys over 85 rating including the safeties. And my d-line is pure probowl: Jared Allen, Robison, and Geno Atkins - all over 94 rated. All my starting LB's are rated 84 or higher.

No idea what I'm doing wrong. Maybe me scoring so fast is causing the CPU to act weird and go on cray hot streaks to play catch up? I'll raise CPU blockshedding and see how this new season goes.
The way you are running the ball you probably need to raise the CPUs blockshedding to the red or blue set. I don't think 5 points will do much..

Yeah I don't know what you ae doing wrong with your pass defense because it's not that bad for me with the black settings.. Just stay at it and you'll figure out a good scheme.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #5174
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Ok Jarrod, made some tweaks, using Red, showing CPU settings since I am keeping the Red set for me. One thing I have noticed more and more, all my passing is short, never enough time for longer pass plays to develop, but I can deal with that.

So here are CPU settings

35 (changed, may even drop to 30, gonna see how the BS works)
45 (getting hoovered on sweep plays, gonna try this)

50(dropped INTs another 10, original Red is 65 I believe, but I'm taking it down a notch)

That's it for now. Gonna see how that goes.

Had just started season 2 against the Texans, Tate had a 7.8 ypc, and Foster 8.1. My LBs just disappear, lol and my linemen don't disengage.

The sliders make the game playable, but I'm thinking 13 doesn't rank very high in the overall madden scheme of things. Lot's of crappy game play about it.
You can still throw deep passes. You have to know where you want to go with the ball and you have to be able to place it in the right spot. The biggest mistake you can make is pay attention to the pass rush because you lose focus on what's going on down the field. I have plenty of videos where I throw the deep ball with the black set.

Do not lower the CPUs breaktackles below 35. The USER tackling is already at 35 so you have both of those sliders matched up. If you continue to struggle against the run lower the CPUs runblocking down 5 points.

Quote:
Sorry for the double post, if I turn the settings to Pro let's say for practice only, and reset it before the game, will that mess things up?

I don't know how anyone could play above the red sliders, they are tough enough as is, the next two would just be ridiculous.

For tackling, is the best thing to just run into them, use the hit stick, or the x-button (xbox 360)?
I'm pretty sure it will mess up the gameplay for a game or two until the sliders settle back into All-Madden..

You have to use the tackle button(I guess it's X on XBox) to make sure tackles.. If you are trying to run into the ball carrier or use the hit stick alot you'll struggle against the run.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #5175
Pro

rattlesnake31368's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Haha! Looks like you was in a good one. You almost came back and pulled it off though.. Is this with the accuracy at 3 or did you lower it to 2?
I lowered it too 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #5176
Rookie

WeaponX24's Arena

OVR: 0

Heres the result of my game against the Titans. It was a very interesting game. I managed to hold CJ2K in check. He didnt even gain over 100 yards! However, my redzone offense was atrocious. I couldnt punch the ball in and had to settle for FSs. However I think this was one of the best games yet!

Chicago Bears at Tennessee Titans
Mar 25, 20131ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Chicago Bears (8-0)066315
Tennessee Titans (5-4)0001313
Team Stats Comparison
CHITEN
Total Offense363310
Rushing Yards17281
Passing Yards191229
First Downs1915
Punt Return Yards4813
Kick Return Yards760
Total Yards487323
Turnovers0(+1)1(-1)
3rd Down Converstion6-17(35%)3-10(30%)
4th Down Conversion0-10-0
2-Point Conversion0-00-1
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals0-41-0
Penalties0-01-5
Posession Time22:2617:34
Chicago Bears
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Jay Cutler16/3621200
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Matt Forte311645.20
Michael Bush188.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Brandon Marshall915517.20
Matt Forte4276.70
Evan Rodriguez2147.00
Eric Weems11616.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Major Wright6000
Lance Briggs5000
Julius Peppers5000
Chris Conte5000
Israel Idonije4200
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Robbie Gould5/50/01546
Tennessee Titans
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Matt Hasselbeck21/2824920
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Chris Johnson18522.80
Darius Reynaud3227.30
Craig Stevens372.30
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Kenny Britt77610.80
Nate Washington45313.20
Chris Johnson33010.01
Kendall Wright36220.61
Craig Stevens294.50
Jared Cook Jr.2199.50
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Zach Brown10000
Jason McCourty7000
Michael Griffith6000
Lorenzo Alexander6000
Will Witherspoon5000
Derrick Morgan4000
Mike Margin3200
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Rob Bironas0/01/1220

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »