Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #681
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by willIam9387
yo wiz, tried that ask madden and had a legit game...only problem is I find that sometimes I don't have three plays showing up in that panel or madden keeps calling for the same plays...you seeing this also?
Occasionally, or sometimes, you have a duplicate play... No biggie for me, considering the trade-off I get is a closer to SIM game that I climb the mountains of Machu-Pichu to find....

Thank you for the support and feedback...

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2012, 09:24 PM   #682
Pro

MEMO TO ALL MADDENITES FOLLOWING THE THREAD:

Hear ye, hear ye..... From this moment forward,all, peeps, pimps, brudda's from annudda mudda, bro's, wing men, lurkers, hot ladies, etc., who wish to benefit from the findings discovered, improved, fine tuned, or anything brought forth to improve our M13 playing experience from the Wiz, must try to adhere to the following simple suggestion:

Please try to read all the posts that YOU HAVE NOT READ, since the last time you visited this thread....

The Wiz is constantly posting ideas, theories, helpful objective data analysis to support and seek all of our collective goals; the Holy Grail ...

What is the Holy Grail ? It is that set of sliders that can, with a few simple tweaks here and there, be molded into the BEST M13 sim experience attainable for any hardcore simmer....

the Gospel of Madden is more than a goofy tagline. It is meant to establish a philosophy, an approach, that is part science, part game-playing proven, part community consensus derived, part data analysis based... It is meant to bring "平衡/balance/equilibrium" to M13's A.I. logic, so that M13's inherent "chi" can flow through our fingers, onto through our hands and ultimately into our noodle dome, to release and create that endorphin induced euphoria of satisfaction, gratification that you have just been a part of a trans-metaphysical, out of body experience, that only a finely tuned slider sports video game experience can deliver... In other words, the Gospel of Madden is about S-I-M. Period.

So please, heed the suggestion to read up on the posts, it may take you a couple of minutes, but I GUARANTEE you that your SIM experience will be better for it. And if it is not to much to ask for, since we are in election season, please consider voting the appropriate level of stars that you believe this thread merits overall: (1) the knowledge imparted, (2) the style of prose in which the knowledge is laid out, (3) the base sliders (of course), (4) the enjoyment and escape that this thread's overall experience provides, YOU, for those precious moments in the day, when you just need to tell life, to go and f-off, and let you play Madden in peace, (5) The number of times you pull a rib muscle, or the number of times you bust out in uncontrollable snickering/giggles/full blown bellowing laughter, out loud in your cubicle at work, and/or the times you pee on yourself, from reading the smack thrown down by the Wiz.... There, 5 objective areas you can grade this thread on, since there are 5 stars you can choose from.... Go vote!....Out.

As always, thank you for your support and feedback regarding the beta sliders and your personal observations and experiences..

Old 10-20-2012, 10:29 PM   #683
Rookie

OVR: 0

Anyone find a way to get the 2nd RB some more carries without manually subbing them in and out? I tried the auto-sub settings for these sliders as well as 97/95 and the default settings without any luck. My last game Forte almost had 40 carries. Just wondering if anyone found a fix for this.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:35 PM   #684
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
Waddup, o' G? Regarding the link, fo' sho', schnitzel my nitzel...

Regarding ASK MADDEN, yup, I pick ANY of the three plays, and if I don't think it fits the situation that I am facing, then I audible using the SQUARE button on my PS3 controller.... Also, I forgot to mention, that I only control one player throughout the play, either the dude with the rock on offense, or the MLB on defense, that's it. Absolutely no pressing the CIRCLE button to switch players....

Welcome back from your dirt nap, now try the beta's and start givin' us your wisdom and experiences in return...

Peace brah.....

Brian my man.... Just giving you some more feedback regarding the link that you had posted....

It would seem that my recommendation for ASK MADDEN seems to TRIGGER what that link you posted "discovered", but in a much more accurate and GAME CHANGING way ... Let me explain:

(1) For testing purposes, I shortened the quarters to 6 minutes, so that I can play a lot of games completely in a short period of time....

(2) Before I played an opponent, I jotted down the type of playbook that my CPU opponent has to choose from so that I could get a feel for ratios: run/pass, screens:regular passes, play action:regular passes, short:mediums:long passes (that are NOT play action or screens), outside runs:up the middle runs, draws:regular up the middle runs... Their are more ratios, I guess I can track, but these seemed to be enough

(3) I activated my ASK MADDEN only theory, choosing ONLY to be one defensive player, usually a interior d-lineman or a linebacker...No switching, of course

(4) I played the game...

Results were interesting.... I wouldn't say that the ratios were right on the button, but close enough to draw a hypothesis.

The hypothesis is that: There may be more than a casual relationship between using ASK MADDEN only and the run/pass ratio of plays that CPU AI logic uses AND the manner in which the CPU tends to use a hierarchy to decide what would be the ideal play for the CPU to choose in a particular situation...

As you know, I discussed the "hierarchy" in a previous post in this thread.

So, now I wanted to test the hypothesis. I did the same test, but this time instead of using ASK MADDEN exclusively, I called my own plays on defense, being passive, cover 2's, cover 3's and the like.... After playing a similar amount of games, the CPU play calling ratios WERE NOT in-line with the ratios seen in the ASK MADDEN exclusively mode... It's almost as if the line of programming "reacts" differently when you are not allowing the CPU AI logic to manage the play calling all together... Interesting indeed....

It would seem that those cats pimping the "playbook/double controller to change the playbook" switch-a-roo theory have come across a way to see better ratios by changing the playbook to let's say PASS HEAVY or BALANCED, to eliminate some of the unbalanced play calling that has been seen with too many runs being called, or to many passes being dialed up. The problem I see with that approach is that it doesn't get the job done completely, it simply IMPROVES the play calling balance.

Although I should test my hypothesis using an aggressive defensive play approach when calling my own plays, and also test GAMEFLOW, I will leave that up to younger peeps who have better cartilage than I do... With all the button jamming, and typing I have done, my finger joints are aching (boy is that something for you whipper snappers to look forward to!)

Bottom line my brudda, is that I humbly believe that the Holy Grail lies " 'neath ancient Roslin waits. The blade and chalice guarding o'er her gates. Adorned in masters' loving art, she lies. She rests at last beneath the starry skys." Robert Langdon (aka Tom Hanks) in the DaVinci Code

Translation: The two controller, playbook switch-a-roo only scratches the surface..... The TRUTH to M13's Holy Grail may lie in using the ASK MADDEN function EXCLUSIVELY and NOT SWITCHING THE DEFENSIVE PLAYERS.... Doubt me? Run your own tests, I am certain you will be pleasantly surprised!

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 10-20-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #685
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoptheman10
Anyone find a way to get the 2nd RB some more carries without manually subbing them in and out? I tried the auto-sub settings for these sliders as well as 97/95 and the default settings without any luck. My last game Forte almost had 40 carries. Just wondering if anyone found a fix for this.
My brudda from annuda mudda: It's broken as far as I am concerned.... So what I did for the hell of it, I went and reset the AUTO-SUBS to factory settings... I then changed my fatigue and injury sliders to equal 100.... So at the present, I have 33 for injury and 67 for fatigue....

Not tracking it per se, yet, but I do see the second stringers coming in often... Not sure if this is the solution, but I figured that EA set them originally at 50 - 50, so I said to myself, what the hell, let's give it a try.... It seems to definitely work...

Hope this helps....

Thank you for the support and feedback...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #686
Pro

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Ladies:

I have played a TON of Madden today... A ton... I also brought a couple of buddies over to help me in the lab... Set them up with their own controllers, copy of the game, and panels, and we went at many, many theories and ideas.

I hope to have a 50% done, beta slider set recommendations, soon. It will be accompanied by very strict HOUSE RULES that must be followed

I believe that any of you HARDCORE simmers follow what I plan on posting to the "T", you and I will be on the yellow brick road to Oz.

Lates.

Thank you for the support and feedback and patience...

Old 10-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #687
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

Can't Wait! Been checking back all day.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:18 PM   #688
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10

To comment on your ask madden findings I do think you are onto something. I think normally when you select your own plays, the computer defers to you and then builds its strategy off the play you selected, whereas with ask madden you are asking the computer, so basically the computer is able to dictate how it wants to play. With the ask madden playcalling, the computer gets first dibs so they tend to follow their schemes and playcalling. I played the 49ers and man were they relentless, b. jacobs was just pounding the rock, and alex smith scrambled at least four or five times for positive yardage. I'm talking dangerous CPU offense that required me to think and man up.

As far as house rules, I don't switch while the ball is in the air as I feel it's kind of cheap. And I control a DT or DE as I feel they have the least impact on a play, but I will switch to make a tackle and half the time I help the CPU out as I suck tackling.

But seriously, that ask madden find is huge because I saw that playbook thread on here, but I don't feel like going to the trouble outlined in that thread, plus every team has a generic playbook which takes away from the uniqueness of the madden team playbooks. I honestly think though All-Madden gives the CPU the ability to play to their strategy and dictate the game, whereas when we select each play, the CPU gameplans to us. But I digress Wiz, gotta get back to maddening...peace.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »