Home

Just read and you'll understand...Real NFL...regarding stats..and gameplay..

This is a discussion on Just read and you'll understand...Real NFL...regarding stats..and gameplay.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #33
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Just read and you'll understand...Real NFL...regarding stats..and gameplay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
I've heard that most good QBs have to get rid of the ball in under 3 seconds so to me Fast speed plays challenging AND realisitc. I have a feeling that watching the game on TV from a zoomed out camera makes it look much slower than it is down on the field so playing at a faster speed forces you to make quicker decisions and that is replicated well on fast speed. I have also found the CPU to run the ball better and is the main reason I am trying to stick with it.
I have aspirations to play on the fast game scale and for the reasons you mentioned. The slower scales are good for labbing the game but I feel once you get that - you gotta get into the game. The slow speeds are good for labbing like you would in practice but fast is real time - quick reads, quick decisions - deception is also more effective on fast as you can't really fool someone with a tortoise tactic in the game of football.

You could try replicating speed by altering the pass rush tendencies but its still artificial compared to the genuine results of an overall fast game.

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 09-09-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Just read and you'll understand...Real NFL...regarding stats..and gameplay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Hey Quan, any information on your penalty sliders? I know in NCAA penalty sliders influence the gameplay and animations.

A little bio on myself, I too have played at the semi-pro level with some guys who played in the pros. I have experience at WR and DB so I'm very keen on analyzing the 'island' I've never played LB at a high level but have played the position - I think you have that covered. I wanted to know what your coverage was on the passing game? How did you justify the QB mechanics?

I like your mentioning of practice versus game-time regarding kickers/punters - do you have the same views for QB's? My critical eye is very watchful of how DB's react to those DBL routes and I just seen a flea flicker completed today in the Jets/Bills game which I will be using in the lab to see how well that play and combo route plays develop with these slider.
I honestly consider the "penalty" sliders broken. BrianU definitely as far as statistics are concerned has a good set for penalties. My only issue is that the only penalties ever called in the game are false start, holding, facemask, and roughing the passer. The most frequent one being false start in Madden and that is unrealistic as "offsides" gets called almost equally but the game does not reflect this and I feel it is unfair to give the defense an advantage just for the sake of statistics, but if you are "technically" going for what is most realistic then go with BrianU's "penalty" sliders.

Just for mention sake here is an idea of what I have:

Offsides 100
False start 45
Pass Int (Off/Def) 100
Holding 50
Roughing the Passer 54
Roughing the Kicker 52
Facemask 55
Int Grounding 100

and everything else is left on 50
Old 09-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Hey Quan, any information on your penalty sliders? I know in NCAA penalty sliders influence the gameplay and animations.

A little bio on myself, I too have played at the semi-pro level with some guys who played in the pros. I have experience at WR and DB so I'm very keen on analyzing the 'island' I've never played LB at a high level but have played the position - I think you have that covered. I wanted to know what your coverage was on the passing game? How did you justify the QB mechanics?

I like your mentioning of practice versus game-time regarding kickers/punters - do you have the same views for QB's? My critical eye is very watchful of how DB's react to those DBL routes and I just seen a flea flicker completed today in the Jets/Bills game which I will be using in the lab to see how well that play and combo route plays develop with these slider.
Just wrote a long analysis on how I came up with my sliders for the "passing game" and it didn't even go through...ughhhhhhhhh!!! lol

Ok, I'm going to make it shorter this time but I will still give my overall concept.

With the "passing game" I decided on my "reaction time" slider by observing the literal reactions of safties and corners in the game (video game). What I observed was that when the "reaction time" slider was set to a 47 or lower (with regards to man coverage) a defensive player, no matter what his position, who had a man coverage rating of 75 or lower was not able to stay with a receiver with decent route running (80 or higher).

Though this may sound like a good thing it will lead to an easy "passing game" for both the user and cpu. Now, bumping it up to a 48 does help but I have observed also that when put on an island even good corners in man coverage (85 man coverage rating) do basically nothing in response to a jump ball situation or at least very little on most occasions. By bumping it up to 49 what I have seen was corners and safties overall making plays on the ball and the good ones making even impressive plays at times (85 man coverage rating), and zone also holds up well for the most part with the exception of a defensive end in coverage (which is real because d-ends are not that good in zone).

Now, regarding my perspective on quarterback "mechanics" with regards to Madden. I have found that by putting the "accuracy" rating at 53 (combined with the passing defensive sliders) you have very good quarterback play, but not just good but real.

For example, a quarterback may at times actually "throw away" the ball when the coverage is holding up too well making it a risk to throw into coverage. What I mean is that quarterbacks do not necessarily use the "throw away control" but when throwing to a receiver with a few guys on top of him (receiver) the quarterback will attempt to do what coaches tell quarterbacks to do on a lot of throws (you should understand this) and that is "throw the ball where only the receiver can get it" but depending on the quarterbacks "accuracy" rating in Madden he may just end up not only throwing it away from the defender but his own receiver (which is very real as it happens all the time in the NFL).

Ultimately this equates to a very good but very "real" passing game along with how I set up my sliders for "pass protection vs pass rush" it all harmonizes into a fun experience. quarterbacks are not superhuman but you very well need to be attentive when playing defense which is what playing defense is all about...being engaged. Thanks for asking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #36
Banned

Jdoug312's Arena

OVR: 13

Didn't get to finish the game due to a sudden Battlefield 3 clan match (lol), but I have to say this was the best game I've played on Madden so far! It was near the end of the 3rd quarter, Ravens-Bengals. Score was 13-10 my way. The player stats were so similar it was crazy lol. 66 rushing yards for both, Flacco had 109 yards, Dalton had 111. I don't have specific stats again, because I had to quit the game basically at a moments notice but man I can't wait to dive back in and replay it. NOTHING negative stood out to me. At first when I saw the user qba I thought I'd be too accurate, but the D were definitely more than capable of stopping me. Runs that were sure fire 8 yard gainers were getting stuffed, very very impressive stuff. Oh, and I'm guessing it's the longer accelerated clock, but the Bengals' secondary were making adjustments presnap!!

Here's the caveat. I think to get the full challenge, we'll (or at least me) have to use a few house rules. Basically I used the house rules made by BrianU, no audibles on offense, no hot routes. The great defense that I mentioned from the Bengals, were unable to stop me when I audibled, noticed this after my 2nd time making an audible, so I stopped doing it. Also, a really fun house rule to make field goals more realistic (user actually being able to miss some), don't use the left stick on field goals. Only use the right stick. Awesome, awesome stuff.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:15 PM   #37
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I just watched Tracy porter run step for step and even gain ground on mike Wallace in real life. Zero threshold isnt the only option

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #38
Rookie

kunner's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I just watched Tracy porter run step for step and even gain ground on mike Wallace in real life. Zero threshold isnt the only option
It might not be perfect, but it gives you the most realistic representation of the speed in the NFL.
NCAA- Wisconsin Badgers
Old 09-10-2012, 01:05 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoug312
Didn't get to finish the game due to a sudden Battlefield 3 clan match (lol), but I have to say this was the best game I've played on Madden so far! It was near the end of the 3rd quarter, Ravens-Bengals. Score was 13-10 my way. The player stats were so similar it was crazy lol. 66 rushing yards for both, Flacco had 109 yards, Dalton had 111. I don't have specific stats again, because I had to quit the game basically at a moments notice but man I can't wait to dive back in and replay it. NOTHING negative stood out to me. At first when I saw the user qba I thought I'd be too accurate, but the D were definitely more than capable of stopping me. Runs that were sure fire 8 yard gainers were getting stuffed, very very impressive stuff. Oh, and I'm guessing it's the longer accelerated clock, but the Bengals' secondary were making adjustments presnap!!

Here's the caveat. I think to get the full challenge, we'll (or at least me) have to use a few house rules. Basically I used the house rules made by BrianU, no audibles on offense, no hot routes. The great defense that I mentioned from the Bengals, were unable to stop me when I audibled, noticed this after my 2nd time making an audible, so I stopped doing it. Also, a really fun house rule to make field goals more realistic (user actually being able to miss some), don't use the left stick on field goals. Only use the right stick. Awesome, awesome stuff.
I really appreciate the feedback I really do, thanks a lot seriously. I must say one thing though, please do NOT keep yourself from using audibles in the game using these sliders. The way I have auto-subs set up (along with fatigue) you will NOT be able to just throw millions of throws without tiring your players (meaning if you were to try and overuse any player). Also, understand that the defense WILL adjust to you over time I absolutely promise you. The whole point of using audibles is to gain a slight advantage but the defense will pick up (as you see they make pre-snap adjustments) on those same audibles believe me (play recognition rating). If you still wish to use it I understand but I have tried using audibles and eventually those same plays will not work as effectively because the defense will end up recognizing it, thanks for mentioning it though.

As far as making the kicking more difficult I am going to bump it down slightly (for play now).

I also have some news for anyone who is interested, there has been claims that there is a gigantic difference between the ccm gameplay and play now. This can be no further from the truth. I do admit that it is "slightly" different but only requires minor tweaks at best. I will be releasing (haha sound like something EA would say) the sliders for both "play now" and "connect career mode" (online) soon. Just putting the finishing touches on it, and I have played numerous games (about 5 though I exited a few halfway through for tweaks).

Anyone can try them out if they so choose and as you can see personally my sliders have proven to be reliable. Hopefully in the near future others will understand what we and a few others are experiencing.

AND YES THE SLIDERS ALLOW THE CPU A GOOD RUNNING GAME DEPENDING ON THE RUNNING BACK OF COURSE.

AND YES THE PASS VS RUN RATIO IS ON PAR STATISTICALLY WITH THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

Not boasting or being disrespectful to any who has dedicated their time to making sliders, just that I feel my perspective warrants a little respect and credibility as I am able to back every "slider" with an explanation and example with regards to the game of football (and Madden of course), updated sliders will be out soon...peace

Thanks again my friend!!
Old 09-10-2012, 01:11 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Definitely isn't the "only" option, guess it all depends on how you have the rest of your settings/sliders set up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »