Home

Realistic - Ratings Based - Zero Sliders

This is a discussion on Realistic - Ratings Based - Zero Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-26-2013, 01:45 AM   #401
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Realistic - Ratings Based - Zero Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
I can only say that I see good coverage with 50/75. Dpi 100 opi 1. Wrs get open and some dont. Depends on the route and the defense. I see zone and man played will by my corners. I'm able to pass on the cpu but if I throw a pass around a db who is watching the qb he will react. I see both sides go up for the ball and seen both sides come down with it. I went 10/12 and just as easily went 6/15 if I dont read the d every play.

Like u said the difference in how they play man and zone makes it worth it for me because you have to read the entire d not just one guy who because the d always reacts ths same. For the first time I have to decipher man or zone but guess wrong. Always the D isnt perfect. Weaker coverage players make dumver decisions. Players seem to jump routes. So I have to rethink my throws. I just think its tougher. I dont go and check the rte and mcv ratings. I never feel cheated though. As far as I'm concerned the nfl is about parity and I know the ratings play a factor but sometimes a guy just gets beat.

Plug my sliders in for a game and see what you like and dont like.
I'll give them a try soon, sure. I liked your run game concepts in principle and want to get them working and will try your pass game ideas and/or new slider set as well.

See, that's the thing, re: checking ratings - I shouldn't have to. They should express and I want to see on the field "wow, I can't trust Ford against that CB, his cuts are too slow" or "I'm going to have to make a change at corner, the rookie is just getting lost when I have to go to nickle zone". Just like a NFL coach doesn't have ratings, per se, but he knows who he can generally trust and not trust in various situations or to do certain things.

It should just happen. I'm checking now because I'm testing and I want to make sure that, more often than not, the talented player is at least winning at a decent rate, assuming he has the physical ability to do what he's trying to do.

While sometimes better talent can and does lose - anything can happen in a game, let alone a play - we also know Madden tends not to work like that. If 60 RTE can beat 95 MCV once, it can happen over and over - there's very few "hot this game" or "he just can't cover this route today"(considering players don't have route-specific tendencies or skills). So I want the ratings to bear true more often than not, while allowing for oddities that can happen any given Sunday - which will happen by default, imo, given the "die roll" nature of the outcomes.

To me, parity is on a team level (and looking at the records this year...I wonder). There's no parity to someone like Megatron or Julio Jones unless it's someone in the same general area. Scrub corner #5 shouldn't run with an elite (or even solid) WR very often. There's a reason why he's a scrub corner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2013, 01:50 AM   #402
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Youtube got a lot easier to use haha.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:53 AM   #403
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Ouch. See how passive that WR played that... of course he got the pick 6. the WR pretty much gave it to him. Was that TO out there? lol Either that or Rodgers forgot how to throw on that one.

It's a cold Josh Morgan who has 79 RTE vs a hot Brandon Madison with 90 MCV and plays the ball balanced. Madison has better ACC and AGI as well, and slightly better SPD.

I think the throw was good in terms of timing, but it shouldn't have been made, imo, but everyone else was covered and the LE was closing in. Morgan does not run good routes (79). His catch is meh, his CIT is bad - heck Madison has a higher CTH rating. Madison was also playing inside position, then throw on hot vs cold modifiers, possible consistency effects, etc.

Of course, that's with 15 INT and supposedly the low defensive penalties.

I see passive play from poorer WR often. Then I see someone like Moore, Jennings, Floyd, Gates, they are a PITA to try to stop.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:54 AM   #404
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Longer video

Old 01-26-2013, 02:00 AM   #405
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ArkanSaw
So let me get this straight.

DPI lowered makes the DB's better and OPI lower makes WR route running more crisp?
It makes them more willing to be aggressive. To me, not necessarily better because I see more mistakes being made as well. Like on lower, I might have seen Madison come in TOO fast and over run the play, or he would have just "guessed" a deep route and been later on the break.

OPI tends to make WR routes crisper/more urgent/precise. The only problem with the route in the video I put up is that he flattened too much. A better RTE receiver like comes in sharper, not giving the defender a free reign on the ball.

That's why I hesitate to say lower = better, especially on defense. Lower = aggressive. Whether it's smart or error-prone aggression depends on other things, imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2013, 02:04 AM   #406
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
I don't know how decent the DBs are for oakland but thats just one play and they won that play. But I know before its over ill get my openings.
Oh yeah, because if you're in year 1, they are bad, imo.

I scrapped all of corners and eventually Huff.

And Palmer is garbage, too. I used Pryor and he was a more mobile Palmer...and he's an undeveloped QB.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:25 AM   #407
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

And here's Tyvon Branch showing you how to waste 88 MCV.

He has 95 SPD, believe it or not. Did that 85 AGI betray him? Was it the fact I was in the 46, making him expect run? Whatever it was, he was behind and looked anything but like 95 SPD vs an 87 SPD WR (Morgan has 90 AGI).

Josh Morgan again - this time in timing and rhythm with Rodgers on the out.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:30 AM   #408
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

I'm going to get carried away making videos now but I got two more.

In this one.

Turn the volume down, forgot I had music playing lol.

Palmer gets smashed as both DEs win and he's too scared to do anything with the ball. Look at the difference in the coverage of the receivers though. Everyone isn't locked up the same.

My two starting CBs are "hot".

#23 is 93 SPD/94AGI/94ACC/85AWR/MCV88/ZCV78/PRS75
He has no problem with Moore who is just as fast and quick as him but has 77AWR and 84RTE and 75beatpress

#22 is slower, way slower compared to Bey, 91SPD, 96AGI, 96AWR, 88MCV, 97ZCV against Bey who is just too fast for him at the LOS with 97SPD and 94ACC. Bey is faster but with his 74RTE and Samuels 97 playrecog he could pretty much run that route for Bey.

#21 is even slower going against a fast Ford. Ford only has 70RTE and the CB has 80somethingMCV. He has no problem staying with the WR. Look at his technique on the breaks, he's right there but how can he keep up with 98SPD and 97ACC. with 88SPD and 93ACC. His ACC kept him that close. Good thing Palmer cant see.

Bad job with the replay but look at Decoud's head tracking. He is deciding what to do as the play goes on. Weatherspopon watches the ball for the snap then focuses on his man then keeps an eye on the play thats happening in the backfield. Also on the CB whether they are watching the CB or QB. I use that in my passing and if a guy isnt looking he doesnt react.

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 01-26-2013 at 02:33 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »