Home

Ingame Video of Madden 360 Next Gen!

This is a discussion on Ingame Video of Madden 360 Next Gen! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 04:58 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Thumbs down Re: Ingame Video of Madden 360 Next Gen!

Oh look it's Madden 360 with the same crap tackle animations and slightly improved player models. Seriously this is basically the Xbox version of Madden with marginally better textures and lighting with a few extra animations. This is what the fifth iteration of Madden on the Xbox should of looked like not the 360 version thats going to put you back at least $470.00 to play. How dissapointing. Guys, this is what happens when a company pays a billion dollars or what ever it was to get the exclusive NFL license, it's called cost cutting thus having less moneyfor the actual development of game and we the fans are the ones that suffer. Fight the power and talk with your dollar, DON'T BUY MADDEN 360 because it looks barely improved considering this is suppose to be next generation! If you want to see a game that looks like it has heart and is trying to inovate the sport of football, all be it in an arcade fashion look no further than Blitz The League.This game has me off life support and has my heart pumping again for video gaming football. Blitz The League developers have motivation and inspiration and it shows, Madden on the other hand is the complete opposite and is old and tired, and uninspired. What do you guys think?

Last edited by danny; 09-08-2005 at 05:25 AM.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:15 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Ingame Video of Madden 360 Next Gen!

You know what will piss me off? If they still have that damn Arial/Helvetica font for all the teams' player names on the back of their jerseys. I couldn't tell of any in the video since the Pats' were blurred out.

If those are the physics to be expected, then it looks like I'll be sticking with current gen unless the franchise save file can be ported over and there's gobs of new features.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:41 AM   #11
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9

This game WAS to be my reason for picking up the 360 at launch. I will eventually get it of course, for the PGR3's etc...but football was my system seller for the PS2, and was to be for the 360. I could not be more underwhelmed (word?) by that video...it trully looks like 2k5 did on the XBOX. Like someone posted above, this is exactly what we get when the consumers are powerless with no choices...the sad thing is that this game will sell like CRAZY when its released.

Hopefully what we have seen is VERY old footage, though thats not likely the case.

meh, Meh, MEH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2005, 06:11 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 6

O HELLLLLLLLLL NAWWWWW

I know EA aint use souped up graphics of PS2/XBOX graphics and label this "NEXT GEN"...

DAMN....I was wrong allllll along...Damn...........S*** look the same as Madden 2006 PS2 only with shiney players. NFL2Kx almost look the same..

Boy I sure hope this is a joke..lol....

WTF though..Same ole animations..wtf...
Old 09-08-2005, 06:17 AM   #13
jmc
Pro

OVR: 6

Microsoft should be angry at EA after seeing this, that looks like it can be done on the xbox right now
Old 09-08-2005, 06:23 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well, I'm not going to judge the entire game based on one short trailer. But as far as the trailer... what crap. Animations look worse than current-gen Madden 06. Player models look a little boxy. Faces looked good. So did the fields. Textures too. Otherwise for the first actual in-game footage, very disappointing.

Anyone else get an NFL Fever vibe from the QB animations, or is it just me?
Old 09-08-2005, 07:05 AM   #15
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbrock316
Well, I'm not going to judge the entire game based on one short trailer. But as far as the trailer... what crap. Animations look worse than current-gen Madden 06. Player models look a little boxy. Faces looked good. So did the fields. Textures too. Otherwise for the first actual in-game footage, very disappointing.

Anyone else get an NFL Fever vibe from the QB animations, or is it just me?

exactly what i was thinking when i seen this......fever 2004....
Old 09-08-2005, 07:19 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 13

Wow. I'll also add my disappointment after viewing that video. I almost definitely will buy it, but I didn't see much that excited me. The animations looked identical to the current game, and the graphics, while better, were not awe-inspiring.

Bottom line, my excitement over this game was much more before viewing that video.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »