Home

I played it

This is a discussion on I played it within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2005, 12:55 PM   #49
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: I played it

DookieMowf, LOL, I laugh every time I read that name.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 11-10-2005, 01:43 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
maybe he PLAYED the five minutes allocated per person, and then watched the rest of the game.... or his 5 minutes was the last 5 minutes of the game.

whats he gonna gain from outright lying.

thanks for sharing your story

Thats not unusual for an Ea Sports demo, I remember when I played Ncaa 2004 i think, and it had you playing Ohio state vs Miami, I think, but it was only one quarter. The forth quarter if im not mistake...but that was a LOOOONG time ago.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:52 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 12

I think he has played the game. Actually I think he works for EA.. imo.
Just trying to convert over some 2kers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2005, 03:56 PM   #52
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Wow, alot on this thread. It's not suprising anymore that people want PROOF, the story sounds legit but it may or may not be. Either way I'm taking all this with a grain of salt, EVEN IF IT IS ALL COMPLETELY TRUE - I personally might like the game more OR less. So it's just impressions at this point, not a OS or IGN/Gamespot review. Let him be.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:23 PM   #53
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Some people on this board just want to play the game.I beleive we can all say that. If he is lying or not who cares. If you haven't made up your mind yet about buying madden well then I hope this story will help you decide. BTW this review is positive. But the thing is I just want the damn game in my hands.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:49 PM   #54
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
Wow, alot on this thread. It's not suprising anymore that people want PROOF, the story sounds legit but it may or may not be. Either way I'm taking all this with a grain of salt, EVEN IF IT IS ALL COMPLETELY TRUE - I personally might like the game more OR less. So it's just impressions at this point, not a OS or IGN/Gamespot review. Let him be.
Isn't any review just an impression of the game?

Old 11-10-2005, 05:30 PM   #55
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

^^Yeah but what he's saying is that when IGN reviews a game, they have proof (with pics or videos, etc). Their reviews are usually several pages and in depth.

Personally I believe the guy, but it is true he has no proof.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2005, 05:44 PM   #56
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofdman
I would have jumped back in this thread sooner but my dang internet went down last night. First time in a couple of years my SBC went haywire. Made me realize how addicted to the internet I have become I actually spent some quality time with my girlfriend last night.

Anyways, to the naysayers: I totally understand your doubt about this whole thing. I don't know how to prove it. I could ask to take a picture of the kiosk but surely you could understand why theres no way in hell I would ask my client if I could do that.

I'm sure that this kiosk isnt final because Madden was the only playable game. I'm sure they will make more playable games once its released which, to my understanding, isnt until spring/summer.

Anyways, just a matter of 11 days 15 hours and you'll see how great the game is. And remember, its just a game and its Maddens first appearance on the next gen consoles so it's not gonna be the Star Trek Holodeck some of you are expecting. I have no doubt that there will be a lot of people here complaining and I too may find somethings I'm not too happy with (remember, I only played one quarter) but i'm still really happy with what I saw and I know most of you Madden fans will be to.

I need to come up with an excuse to pay my client another visit
I'm not expecting anything more than a next gen title. What I've seen is a current gen game with the same issues and better graphics.
I don't expect ground breaking stuff. When the game clearly shows Mario running and basically the exact same gameplay we've had for years I can't be impressed at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »