Home

madden 07 producer interview up

This is a discussion on madden 07 producer interview up within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2006, 10:58 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: madden 07 producer interview up

It was a great interview. David Ortiz hah. I remember when he was working on NFL FEVER. Him and Kathy Flood. He's a pretty cool guy. I think the game might be pretty good. He did mention the Oline vs Dline more of a hand battle. After what they were sent to deal with that stuff they had to improve it.

Everything sounds pretty good right now. Just have to wait to see it. The one thing I'm laughing at though is that they can't win for losing. I'm going to actually applaud them for finally realizing their running game STUNK the last 17 years LOL. And yes it should not have taken this long but better late than never. But it's funny. We got one crowd saying, bahhhhhhh, I'm tired of gimmicks. Then there is this hardcore madden crowd that is very angry saying EA is selling out the game to mass appeal. Both crowds are funny to me. The first crowd says it's a gimmick and they just want to play football. Yeah but is it a good gimmick and how does it stop anyone from playing football? From the sounds of it you'll be playing more football than you ever have. The second crowd I really scratch my head. EA selling the game out to the masses? This has always been the case. That's why it is the #1 selling football video game; because the masses love it. And why have the masses loved the game all these years? Because the game focused on passing, passing, passing and more passing. Passing when you shouldn't pass. Passing WHERE you should n't pass and it's still completed. And now they want to say that because EA is trying to get their anemic and anorexic running game some protein; trying to address player interaction that EA is selling the game out to the masses. It's almost as this hardcore crowd would rather Tiburon make small tweaks and release the same game as if things are almost already perfect. One guy on one board even said it. He said he'd rather EA simply polish the small things and release the game with new rosters. WTF???

All of this and nobody has seen a video of the game nor has anyone picked up a controller. Now I do admit I'm concerned with implementation. But other than that I do not see why there is such a big fuss at this stage.

Last edited by LBzrule; 05-07-2006 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:17 AM   #18
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

That was a good video. I feel better about the game now. Still don't like the lack of announcers, but we'll have to live with that I guess.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:25 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

I like what they are doing with franchise stuff. I'm not a franchise guy and have not played a franchise mode since Madden 2002 and NFL2k2. But I might spend alot of time with this one. It's pretty cool you get to do the rehab yourself and your playing through the games determines how fast you can come back or it determines if you do yourself more damage. I don't know that sounds innovative to me. Run to daylight is innovative. Just need to see how it works.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:55 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Nothing was said about the ESPN implementation......makes me wonder.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:30 PM   #21
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by weylum
Nothing was said about the ESPN implementation......makes me wonder.
Hopefully thats one of the things they are holding out on until E3.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2006, 12:41 PM   #22
All Star

poster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I like what they are doing with franchise stuff. I'm not a franchise guy and have not played a franchise mode since Madden 2002 and NFL2k2. But I might spend alot of time with this one. It's pretty cool you get to do the rehab yourself and your playing through the games determines how fast you can come back or it determines if you do yourself more damage. I don't know that sounds innovative to me. Run to daylight is innovative. Just need to see how it works.
I'm liking the rehab feature as well. Like you have said many times, until the suction is gone the Oline improvments mean nothing. Hopefully like Ortiz said the interaction is more hand fighting and real blocking than just unrealistic pancakes.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:43 PM   #23
All Star

poster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Hopefully thats one of the things they are holding out on until E3.
I hope so too. Maybe the radio guy ties into ESPN radio somehow? If they brought Bruno back into it, but he isnt with ESPN anymore. I remember when it was him and Golic in the morning and after he left Mike & Mike was born. They are probably happy with Bruno leaving.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:33 AM   #24
Rookie

nine0bison's Arena

OVR: 7
Angry Re: madden 07 producer interview up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
"For us, we still love current-gen more than next-gen."

Interesting...

I'm sorry, the guys at EA are a bunch of lame, excuse driven slackers. Why don't they just say that they can't handle the new hardware. Come on EA! Swallow your pride and hire some of the guys from NFL2K and get some REAL FEATURES in the game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »