Home

Did you see the review for Madden on Nintendo? WOW!!!!!

This is a discussion on Did you see the review for Madden on Nintendo? WOW!!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2006, 12:57 PM   #9
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Did you see the review for Madden on Nintendo? WOW!!!!!

The favorable impressions I've seen of the Wii so far have me sort of curious. It's one of those things I'm gonna have to try. And on the whole to this point, I prefer the graphics of current gen Madden over next-gen Madden because the next-gen player models to me look rather horrid (notwithstanding the obvious and impressive detail increase in other facets of the graphics).

However, Nintendo doesn't have enough games that interest me for me to get a Wii by itself and ignore the XBOX 360 outright (I'm not even considering the PS3 at this point unless the price comes down).
Old 05-11-2006, 01:17 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Kronic,

I do agree with you on the price of the ps3, but remember that sony's on line game play is free! SO, over the course of a couple years it would be cheaper to by a ps3 and not have to pay for on line gaming (as you do with xbox live), and it comes with a high def dvd player!

I am not loyal to one system. I have a ps2, and love it. The only reason I am interested in changing is for the roster updates on the xbox platform (there are more user downloadable rosters than on the ps2). The big issue I have with xbox is a lot of games are not backwards compatible!

I will have to consider the Wii. People can make fun of the name or whatever (it is kind of stupid), but that will not change the possible fun factor.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:58 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxxx
http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707303p1.html

I may pass on the XBOX and PS3 to get the Nintendo! WOW, this looks really cool!

Marxxx
It's a lame controller..& the system is no powerful then a Xbox..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2006, 02:20 PM   #12
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
So the review failed to impress you?

The only games I really play are football and poker. If this system truly adds a new (desirable) dimension to the game, it would be the ultimate in my mind.
The wii as a whole doesn't impress me and this preview didn't change anything.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 05-11-2006, 02:26 PM   #13
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Kronic,

I do agree with you on the price of the ps3, but remember that sony's on line game play is free! SO, over the course of a couple years it would be cheaper to by a ps3 and not have to pay for on line gaming (as you do with xbox live), and it comes with a high def dvd player!
It will not be cheaper unless you only buy one game for the ps3 and that will only be after a few years of paying for xbox live.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 05-11-2006, 02:52 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
IT sounds ********, and it looks like madden on the PS2, which is unnaceptable on a "next gen" system. Part of that im sure is lazyness from EA, but part of it is a limit in power from the Wii. i wash my hands of all things nintendo................except Zelda, and Metroid, and probably 2 of the 47 mario based games they will put out over the next few years, and Pokemon
LOL!
So you're not looking forward to Mario Tennis, Mario Dance party, Mario take the trash out, Mario brush teeth, Mario Halo, Brokeback Mario feat.Louigi,...
Old 05-11-2006, 03:03 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 30

It sounds interesting, but I don't think I'd like it.

Plus, my biggest issue with the Wii is I want to know how it is after 4 hours. All the reviews of playing it have been a few minutes. I want to know how much fun arm movement is after a few hours.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2006, 03:08 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 13

And dont forget poke a man

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »