Home

Madden NFL 2007 Ign Weekly Episode 15

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 2007 Ign Weekly Episode 15 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2006, 01:12 AM   #25
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden NFL 2007 Ign Weekly Episode 15

I thought that there was great details to the models (it is 360, it wouldn't look crappy if they tried), but those animations look crappy. That block at 8:30-8:31 was awesome though. It was the only thing that impressed me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2006, 01:13 AM   #26
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 2007

Wow...really? Maybe DJ's hopes will come true, then, and they'll have handwarmers and towels since they have tattoos and flowing hair.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:33 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Wow...really? Maybe DJ's hopes will come true, then, and they'll have handwarmers and towels since they have tattoos and flowing hair.
HAHA...Yeah that would be cool...Im just glad the animations look smoother in general.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:51 AM   #28

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
Yeah, it seems like EA has done a much better job of creating more transition animations for this 07 as well. The animations overall seem very well done and the increase in transition animations has really made this game much more life-like. EAs done a great job of improving the running animations as well, because they looked rather stiff on the 06 version. Hopefully EA has done a great job with animations from the defensive perspective. And did anyone else feel that EAs focus graphically when it comes to player models was much more focused on the offensive side of the spectrum? Hopefully they've added much more faces and body likeness variety on the defensive side of the ball.
I definately agree here. The transitions do look much better. I know they're just transitions, but you remember the QB walking to the huddle and then just squatting? It looked so bad. Now, from what I've seen so far, that animation is shortened and more quick going to the next scene.

The game does look great. It's much better watching it in action than seeing zoomed in pics.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:46 PM   #29
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9

I'll be damned, some of the footage actually looked good. Really good.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:04 PM   #30
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Thoughts:
  1. Totally off-topic, but Jessica Chobit (the interviewer in the opening segment) is utterly adorable.
  2. Madden looks and sounds great,. Between this and NCAA, it's time to take the next-gen plunge.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:05 PM   #31
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Just re-watched it, though, and I couldn't spot the Urlacher tattoo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2006, 02:52 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

One thing I hope they fix for the 360 Madden and I hope they fixed it for NCAA 360 too. Zone Bug Flip. If you call a play with anyone in zone, even Cover 2 Man under and you flip the play on the field, the defenders in zone will have their zones criss cross. So imagine the SS trying to get to the deep half on the FS side of the field and the FS trying to get to the deep half on the SS side of the field And cover 3 is worse. The CB on the right will try to go all the way to the other side of the field and vice versa. Gotta fix that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »