Home

will we be able to edit player ratings this year

This is a discussion on will we be able to edit player ratings this year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-22-2006, 10:47 AM   #145
R**k**

danqb11's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: will we be able to edit player ratings this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Otrain
Simple rule of the computer world----If it's programmed....it can be "hacked". Just be patient.
Very true. Only a matter of time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2006, 11:02 AM   #146
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You wont have to pay for updated rosters.

Even if that is true, they need to be proactive and update rosters on a regular basis. In the past it seemed we would wait forever to get an "official" roster download that even remotely resembled the actual league. In the meantime we could be playing for months on User created roster sets that ultimately end up being more accurate anyway. Not anymore.

It is hard to believe they left that feature out yet again.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:12 AM   #147
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

True if it can be programmed it can be hacked but you have to hope there is someone out there who is passionate enough about making it happen to spend hours upon hours figuring it out and making it work.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:13 AM   #148
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Even if that is true, they need to be proactive and update rosters on a regular basis. In the past it seemed we would wait forever to get an "official" roster download that even remotely resembled the actual league. In the meantime we could be playing for months on User created roster sets that ultimately end up being more accurate anyway. Not anymore.

It is hard to believe they left that feature out yet again.
Question for all of you: Why do you think EA left this feature out this year? It has already been confirmed that updated rosters are free so its not a financial reason. Why do so many of you refuse to consider that they either didnt have the time or that it may not be as easy to implement as many of you believe? I dont know any game company that would intentionally leave out a feature and irritate its customers for no good reason. If its not financial, what is the reason?

Also this isnt a company wide initiative. Live has ratings and equipment editors.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:27 AM   #149
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Question for all of you: Why do you think EA left this feature out this year?

(sarcasm) So that I can go running back to my 2 year old version of NFL2k5 and play with more accurate rosters (thanks to Finns Editor) than I can with the brand new Madden?

:0

Seriously. The online community is great at making and keeping roster sets active. On a weekly basis too....sometimes daily! If EA had the time and dedication to do this "same" thing, I would not be too worried. But history has shown that gaming companies are not usually the best roster updaters. 2-3 through the course of a season would be a lot for them.

Even if I give them the benefit of the doubt that is was technical issues that kept it out, it doesn't really matter. I skipped Madden 06 on the 360 altogether and based on early screen shots of 07 there appeared to be a player editor. Initially the equipment could not be edited but the attributes could. So I ponied up for a 360 thinking this is the year they get it right, and whammo! They pull this from the game. For "some" reason.

Either way, for me, not being able to tweak players and sliders together to recreate the current NFL experience (edit players to perform how their real-life counterparts do this season) is a real drawback.....one that really has me contemplating just playing 2k5 again. I don't want to, but if I need to create players and edit ratings to get the teams accurate that seems my only real choice at this exact moment.

Peace!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:36 AM   #150
Rookie

OVR: 6

when will the latest updated rosters be available for downloading?
Old 08-22-2006, 11:39 AM   #151
Rookie

OVR: 5

Are you able to edit ratings on current gen?
NBA - Detroit Pistons
NCAAF - Michigan Wolverines
NCAAB - Kentucky Wildcats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2006, 12:11 PM   #152
MVP

Quote:
Question for all of you: Why do you think EA left this feature out this year? It has already been confirmed that updated rosters are free so its not a financial reason. Why do so many of you refuse to consider that they either didnt have the time or that it may not be as easy to implement as many of you believe? I dont know any game company that would intentionally leave out a feature and irritate its customers for no good reason. If its not financial, what is the reason?

Also this isnt a company wide initiative. Live has ratings and equipment editors.
How does a ratings editor make it into a game that came out a month earlier by the same development house? I know NCAA and Madden have different producers and stuff but one of the guys there said in an interview recently that they have now pooled the teams together to share all info, so they don't have to do repetitive developing anymore.

Barring and honest answer from the source itself, I definitely lean toward the financial motive. Unless they never plan to having these editing capabilities in any future versions (which is a possibility), I'd say it'll be a nice selling point for the first next-gen version that has them in there. It's important to remember that on annual titles, they are always conscious of what they're going to be working on for not only this year's title, but also next year's, as well. You don't want to drain the tank, so to speak, and I'm sure at this point that coming up with truly innovative stuff to put in these games is getting harder and harder.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »