Home

Official Madden 07 (PS2/XBox) Bugs/Glitches Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 07 (PS2/XBox) Bugs/Glitches Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2006, 08:49 AM   #25
Pro

Hootiefish's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Official Madden 07 (PS2/XBox) Bugs/Glitches Thread

They also still have the glitch (and have for several years) where if you move a player around prior to franchise mode (ie. trades, free agents, releases), that players stats get reset to zero. Not a gamebreaker, but annoying nontheless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2006, 10:28 AM   #26
All Star

OVR: 20

OK, here it goes...

I made a few of the major roster changes and saved it so I could start a Franchise. I played a couple of games, saved it, and exited. I wait for my rosters to auto-load and I get a message that there was an error loading the file. I go to the load screen to do it myself, and I see "???" where the file would be. I try to load it up, and I get the a message telling me it's corrupted. Weird, but it was only a few moves so I wasn't tripping.

I played another game in my Franchise, and save it. I turn of my PS2 only to return later. And to my horror, I see that now my Franchise file was corrupted! So was my profile!

I tried a little test, and sure enough, this crap happened again. It seems I can't save anything other than my settings without it getting corrupted after a few hours.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:06 PM   #27
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Sorry to hear the PS2 version has hiccups - PC versions runs like silk.

One big bug i've already found on the PC though is when you go to edit a player on a roster, choose "ratings", then choose "done", his contract reverts back to 1 years, no matter what his original years were.

Not sure if this is on the PS2 as well? I'd hope not, it kinda makes roster editing useless. Hopefully they patch it for PC. Looks like they can prevent us from editing ratings even on current gen!
Old 08-23-2006, 01:30 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 10

Well, I noticed the same bug from last year is there.....The draft class skin color bug...created me a white QB in NCAA and he turned out black in Madden with the draft class...It only happens with certain player skins in NCAA, but I was really hoping this was going to be fixed.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:21 PM   #29
Rookie

gritzblitz56's Arena

OVR: 3

In SS mode, my kicker is missing a ton of easy FG's and a some xp's too. I'm playing with a TE who blocks on FGs, so I have no control of the kicker.

Any one else having this problem?
Old 08-23-2006, 09:39 PM   #30
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10

Here's something I don't get.

As I stated in the impressions thread, my only real beef with the game this year (so far) is the new kicking system. It's way too easy. So, in an effort to make things more difficult, I went into practice mode, All-Madden difficulty, and set the Human FG accuracy slider to 0.

Every attempt out of about 25 was straight as an arrow. From the default 35yd-line position, I never came close to missing a kick. If I did, it was from distance, not accuracy. But as long as I could max out the power, which wasn't terribly difficult, I could hit 52-yard FG's at will. Even if my aim was only "Good" instead of "Great", the ball sailed on a true course every time, perfectly between the uprights. No deviation whatsoever. So, the accuracy slider apparently does absolutely nothing. Nice.

You know, I really don't get EA. They do this crap with all their sports games. They introduce all these half-baked "new features" every year, but don't leave the option to do things the way they used to be if you don't like it.

It's not like the kicking game was ever terribly difficult, but this is ridiculous. I now know, that as long as the wind is either dead, or at my back, a 50-yd field goal is a piece of cake. And that's ********.

How these things get passed "testing" is beyond me.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:36 PM   #31
rrr
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gritzblitz56
In SS mode, my kicker is missing a ton of easy FG's and a some xp's too. I'm playing with a TE who blocks on FGs, so I have no control of the kicker.

Any one else having this problem?
yeah i had that problem but i found the solution. just don't move your te backwards on fg plays or don't move him at alll
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 03:19 PM   #32
Buddha

ahunter5's Arena

OVR: 7

I've had the same problem -- playing as a TE and the Kicker (Rackers) missing XP's and FG's. I've tried backing up, I've tried pancaking, I've tried cut blocking. Rackers misses everything. I've not tried doing nothing yet. I just beat the Seahawks 12-9. 2 TD's with missed XP's. I'll try doing nothing next game and see how that works.

Thanks for the advice, rrr.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »