Home

Isn't it amazing what competition will do?

This is a discussion on Isn't it amazing what competition will do? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2006, 12:36 PM   #17
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18
Re: Isn't it amazing what competition will do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
We'll keep this thread open as long as it remains civil. But the second you guys start acting like a bunch of whiny 12 year olds, it's getting locked.
lol

Competition is good, I don't think anyone is disputing that point, but it's also one sided if you think that someone who doesn't have any competition would automatically reduce the quality of thier product.

Case and point, most of the whiners on this board against Madden have ALWAYS been against Madden, not like Madden die hards are whining.

So the problem isn't necessarily with Madden or EA, it's with not having any 2K game so the easy target is Madden and EA.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:42 PM   #18
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You're kidding yourself. Madden will probably sell more copies next year than it did this year. People will buy Madden no matter what, even moreso now with no other football game.
I'm not kidding myself. I was one of those that kinda knew what I'd be getting when I made the midnight purchase but got it anyway. The game hasn't been touched in three weeks. So I know that "need" to have the game or see for myself what the game is about isn't there. Now this is congnizant on the amount of data they give prior to the game's release. If the info is just as meh or disappointing next year as it was this Jul/Aug, then I'm pretty sure I won't allow myself to get caught up in the hype of having a new football game and just run out and purchase it even though my gut is telling me not to.

It used to be Madden would have legs going into late October/November before people would begin to tire of it; now people are tiring of it after only a few weeks if not completely disappointed from the start. I'm sure the game will sell well; not saying that it won't. Just saying that I think more people will be willing to have EA/Tiburon prove the game's worth rather than just running out and buying it on it's reputation. If they pull a NBA Live where they show NO information, I won't have the slightest desire in the world to run out and get it. Not saying everyone feels that way, just saying that I think some hardcore players will be more discriminating with making the purchase

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 09-28-2006, 12:46 PM   #19
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
It used to be Madden would have legs going into late October/November before people would begin to tire of it; now people are tiring of it after only a few weeks if not completely disappointed from the start.
I don't know what you are talking about, every time I log into an online game the lobbies have at least 75-100 people and on Sundays even more. Sure it's not as popular as on launch day but what game is?
Old 09-28-2006, 01:20 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
lol

Competition is good, I don't think anyone is disputing that point, but it's also one sided if you think that someone who doesn't have any competition would automatically reduce the quality of thier product.

Case and point, most of the whiners on this board against Madden have ALWAYS been against Madden, not like Madden die hards are whining.

So the problem isn't necessarily with Madden or EA, it's with not having any 2K game so the easy target is Madden and EA.

You cant just pawn every complaint off on 2kfanboys.

Anybody can clearly see how much more improvements and features are done with EA games that have comp compared to those that dont.

Its FACT. And connot be disputed.
Minnesota Wild
Old 09-28-2006, 01:34 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I'm not kidding myself. I was one of those that kinda knew what I'd be getting when I made the midnight purchase but got it anyway. The game hasn't been touched in three weeks. So I know that "need" to have the game or see for myself what the game is about isn't there. Now this is congnizant on the amount of data they give prior to the game's release. If the info is just as meh or disappointing next year as it was this Jul/Aug, then I'm pretty sure I won't allow myself to get caught up in the hype of having a new football game and just run out and purchase it even though my gut is telling me not to.

It used to be Madden would have legs going into late October/November before people would begin to tire of it; now people are tiring of it after only a few weeks if not completely disappointed from the start. I'm sure the game will sell well; not saying that it won't. Just saying that I think more people will be willing to have EA/Tiburon prove the game's worth rather than just running out and buying it on it's reputation. If they pull a NBA Live where they show NO information, I won't have the slightest desire in the world to run out and get it. Not saying everyone feels that way, just saying that I think some hardcore players will be more discriminating with making the purchase

I agree that there may be many hardcore gamers that pass on Madden next year (I live for the NFL and haven't bought Madden the last two years). But we "hardcore" gamers make up such a small percentage that our lost sales won't make a bit of difference to EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2006, 09:40 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 10

I think that I saw a video a little back with one of the madden producers talking how they have the ability to communicate with the other EA producers who produce the other sports games about implementing a certain feature, and possibly certain animations from one another.

Frankly I think that this is good news, because if one EA game is going to do something like this, don't you think that it could spread to the other games as well?

Rams NFL Championships :

"
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."
Old 09-28-2006, 09:54 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 7

Ive played Madden since it came out on Genisis.Traded it in today for nhl 07. First time I ever did that before the football season was over, and its only week 3.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:18 PM   #24
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13

This is very sad indeed. It really makes you miss the variety. I was one that bought every football title that was released each year. It was fun to go between games and it kept my interest. Now, for the 360 at least, there is nothing. I just don't know if I can get stoked about Madden in years to come with this careless effort. I wouldn't be surprised if they stop shipping early copies to board admins in an effort to stop pre-release hysteria. If they do, that would be a super clear indication that they don't give a f*&%.

Sorry for the mini rant but thanks for the forum just the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »