Home

I'm sorry .. but Ye Olde Timer help needed ..

This is a discussion on I'm sorry .. but Ye Olde Timer help needed .. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2007, 11:43 AM   #9
Rookie

milesahead72's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: I'm sorry .. but Ye Olde Timer help needed ..

Happy B-day Stain!! From one father to the next, I feel ya dawg. I couldn't imagine doing the fatherhood thing by myself. Props to you for holding it down. Our society could use more fathers that think like you!! Again, wishing you the best on your b-day.

As far as the debate goes, I'm inclined to tell you to go with Forza 2. It's a great game and if you liked the first edition, this one is a can't miss title. I've got Forza 2 and although I don't play it much b/c of my football jones, I know that I'll be coming back to it once my meds kick in...LOL. Seriously, the replay value of it is the kicker. The possibilities each time you play to experience something different is there. Granted, you can get a lot of that from Madden/NCAA, but Forza allows for soooo much customization that each and every time you start it up, you could potentially see and/or do something that you've never done in the game before. Did you follow that? If not, sorry....LOL. Anyway, I hope that I and the other users here can and have shed some light on thangs.

GT: GodsSon777
Old 08-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #10
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Stain,
Like you, I don't post much on here but I do visit the site quite frequently to read up on all the latest happenings with the sports titles I love.

First, good on you for being a responsible parent. You are giving your daughter a great example of what responsibility is all about.

I hear you on the whole money issue. My wife went back to school and is in the final semester, and will be student teaching full-time, which means she won't be able to work and has to make her student loan money stretch out till the end of the year. My salary isn't high and after I pay all the bills, I'm left without a lot of extra cash.

Like the others have said, it's hard to recommend Madden 08 at this point as it hasn't shipped yet. So, maybe wait a few more weeks, read the impressions thread when the game drops and then make a decision.

Another option is that if you have Madden 07 (I know it has some flaws, but it's not a bad game), you could always stick with that through the rest of the year, pick up Forza now and then buy Madden around the holidays when it will likely be on sale.

Best of luck to you and Happy Birthday!
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-03-2007, 06:29 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 6

This sounds strange but Madden is coming out in two weeks. I recommend going to Walmart, Kmart or EB. They usually have it on the floor to play for free. If you can muscle away the 12 year olds ,you might be able to get in some time to get a feel for the game. Its reasonable to say stick with Madden 07 but '08 is going to be a much different game. I'd definately wait the few weeks and see what people are saying after the game comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2007, 03:56 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 19

I all honesty here "Happy Birthday" but you should maybe give them a rent or a borrow and go from there...
Old 08-05-2007, 10:03 AM   #13
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Both are must buys imo. Whatever you like more. Forza is great but imo football is better and more fun to play.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:21 AM   #14
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

I don't know if you have xbox live or not, but it certainly helps to play Forza 2. The online racing, the auction house, even Forza TV are all very cool features and a lot of fun. Without XBL, the game will hold you for a while throughout career mode. But once you finish career mode, with XBL, the game could become stale. I love Forza 2, but racing against the computer can get old because they always take the same line and it's always the same drivers towards the front of the pack, etc.

But also in Forza 2 is the extensive paint mode which you can spend hours with and not even realize it. I've spent many hours myself in there creating a Reds car, a Bengals car, and a few original designs that I still have.

And the actual Forza racing engine is so much better. By no means am I a racing purist, but I can tell a difference in every car I drive and that makes it a lot of fun.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:33 AM   #15
Rookie

RiversIsMyHero's Arena

OVR: 3

I have Forza and it is an excellent game. On a side note, I actually prefer to play the game on the controller rather than use the wheel. So don't worry about not having the same experience without the wheel. I feel its less frustrating,etc. but maybe thats just me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2007, 08:45 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_bad
One other game to think about is Oblivion. Make sure you're a fan of RPG games, though. Just figured I'd throw a non-sport consideration out there.

It's a HUGE game that you could literally get hundreds and hundreds of hours out of, just exploring and doing so many different things. Just figured I'd throw that out there.

I haven't played Forza 2 yet, but really enjoyed Forza 1. Madden is, well, Madden.

I respect your financial and personal responsibility, btw.
I agree, if I could only have one game on the 360 in this situation I'd go with neither, i'd go with Oblivion. And pretty soon I think the Oblivion game of the year edition comes out so I'd wait for that. It's out on September 3rd.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200356

As for Forza 2 you can NOT go wrong with that game either. It's got insane depth and will offer hours and hours of play. The only question is, during the NFL season will you be wanting to play a game of Madden? If you have Madden 07 then just play that though..but if not maybe Madden is the better way to go.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »