Home

The Radio Guy Trilogy - for better or worse

This is a discussion on The Radio Guy Trilogy - for better or worse within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2007, 10:10 PM   #9
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: The Radio Guy Trilogy - for better or worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by x south x
I say hire no names, if done right it can work out like it did for 2K
I hated 2k's announcers. The color commentary guy got on my nerves. When you try to make a guy real original, when you start hearing him repeat himself, it is that much more annoying. I like the play-by-play guy because he is there, but he doesn't take the game over. He is background to the more on-the-field presentation. I don't know how realistic it would be to have both a national and local broadcast as options. A radio guy with more clarity and less (if not no) homerism would be nice.

I think part of the reason they have to use the radio guy is because Madden is on NBC, but they have an agreement with ESPN. So if they use a two-man crew, I'd have to imagine it would have to be a no-name crew for that reason. But as long as it isn't the MNF crew, I'll be okay.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:40 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

The best as everyone knows is Dan and Peter on APF. EA should just go the same route, go out and get 2 guys with good voices to do the play by play commentary and I'd be happy, I don't need real people to do it.

Granted it would be nice but as someone else has mentioned it, they wouldn't be able to get alot done and it would be more expensive.

Going the other way, less expensive but get more time for the recordings.

They could record sooooooo much stuff. I'm hoping they do something like that, but I doubt it.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:41 PM   #11

OVR: 34

What the radio guys does right is how he doesn't pause when saying a player's name and what he just did. In many cases, much like Dan and Peter, you'll hear the broadcaster say, "Tom Brady...................Made a great pass right there." The Radio Guy doesn't do that. He's actually very sharp. My favorite outburst was when I had an open Chris Chambers in the endzone and he drops it. Radio Guy says, "Ohhh...of ALL the PLACES to DROP a PASS!!!" I laughed out loud.

Where I think the Radio Guy needs help is having someone along side him. That would help with stats and descriptions of on the field action. A two man booth would greatly help.

As far as voice acting and smoothness of transitions, the radio guy is top notch. It's just that all there is is him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2007, 11:19 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
What the radio guys does right is how he doesn't pause when saying a player's name and what he just did. In many cases, much like Dan and Peter, you'll hear the broadcaster say, "Tom Brady...................Made a great pass right there." The Radio Guy doesn't do that. He's actually very sharp. My favorite outburst was when I had an open Chris Chambers in the endzone and he drops it. Radio Guy says, "Ohhh...of ALL the PLACES to DROP a PASS!!!" I laughed out loud.

Where I think the Radio Guy needs help is having someone along side him. That would help with stats and descriptions of on the field action. A two man booth would greatly help.

As far as voice acting and smoothness of transitions, the radio guy is top notch. It's just that all there is is him.
That's the positives of the Radio guy, I think with a color guy it would worked out fine but as mentioned earlier a true ESPN presentation would be awesome.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:20 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
They don't have to make it soundl like he is broadcasting across a cup to string connection. Modern A.M. radio sounds better.
Exactly right man, I mean heck, half the time I can't even hear or make out what he is saying, it kinda all runs together. I just hear snippets mostly.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »