Home

Madden NFL 09 Producer Blog

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 Producer Blog within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2008, 02:46 PM   #25
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 09 Producer Blog

Quote:
I feel like we are past the transitional challenges and ups-and-downs that we experienced in the early years of Next Gen.

I see this statement as the highlight of the blog because by saying this he is effectively removing the crutch that Tiburon has leaned on for the last few years...

Now that they're no longer using the complexity of the hardware as an excuse for making sub-par games, I think that may be a sign that they have finally tapped into the potential of the next-gen systems; which could lead to a quality, next-gen Madden experience.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #26
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
well if that is your mindset going in, then you should have no reason to be disappointed in this year's game, since its going to happen.
It's happened every other year. Last year EA was supposed to have "gotten it" since they had this guy doing blogs every week but it was the same ol thing.

Quote:
I feel like we are past the transitional challenges and ups-and-downs that we experienced in the early years of Next Gen,
And it's only taken 4 years to do it!! Tiburon, just tell the truth. People wouldn't be as annoyed with the PR stuff if you just came out and said "we're making so much money that we really don't need to do anything".

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

Last edited by jmood88; 04-13-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:48 PM   #27

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
And I disagree, people will criticize EA for anything.
It's not like they don't deserve to get criticized.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 04-13-2008, 07:38 PM   #28
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

lemmings just keep jumping off the ledge
Old 04-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #29
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
It's not like they don't deserve to get criticized.
to some degree, I agree that they do. But we both know that on these boards, EA gets bashed for just about anything they do.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-13-2008, 08:24 PM   #30

jmood88's Arena

If they wouldn't treat their customers like they're idiots and bought up every license known to man then they wouldn't get criticized like this. Even with as much criticism as they've gotten they have just as many, if not more, defenders who will take any EA action and spin it into a positive("now that they don't have competition they can focus more on making a better game", "it's only the second year they've been on next gen systems lets wait until next year").

Old 04-13-2008, 10:28 PM   #31
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
If they wouldn't treat their customers like they're idiots and bought up every license known to man then they wouldn't get criticized like this. Even with as much criticism as they've gotten they have just as many, if not more, defenders who will take any EA action and spin it into a positive("now that they don't have competition they can focus more on making a better game", "it's only the second year they've been on next gen systems lets wait until next year").
I knew the "they bought up every license" argument would show up at some point. And as a fan of EA's products, I don't defend them by stating ridiculous statements or turning every negative into a positive. I figure out the positives and negatives of the game, decide whether or not its playable, and move on from there.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2008, 10:53 PM   #32

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
I knew the "they bought up every license" argument would show up at some point. And as a fan of EA's products, I don't defend them by stating ridiculous statements or turning every negative into a positive. I figure out the positives and negatives of the game, decide whether or not its playable, and move on from there.
Yeah it came up because it's a big reason for why people hate them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »