Home

Madden NFL 09 Comparison Video

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 Comparison Video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2008, 05:44 PM   #49
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Madden NFL 09 Comparison Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
Same song and dance that I did each of the past few years, blah, blah, blah. Ahhhhhh no CB.

But I guess you did not read my other post on the thread that shows the new RB/game animation??? I am officially giving Madden the thumbs up this year so far and per the most recent blog/writeup/vids on the animation. See CB, this is what I wanted to see/hear. And this year it appears EA delivered it for me and the other 2k hogs who are use to grrrrrrreat gameplay. ha!
ok..

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 05-23-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:39 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 21

you know..... it seems... EA has caught on to how important of a place OperationSports is, because it seems there are alot more viral marketers or maybe (god forbid) just extreme blind fanboys who are posting here now.....

did someone say on the first page that, by judging from this comparison video, that Madden 09 looks better than MLB The Show.....WTF....people are entitled to their opinions...but come on.......

ah here it is....
"...MAdden now is the best looking sports game on next gen above the show..."

my personal opinion....so far from all the videos...

its sad for me to say that I have just noticed something...

as far as graphics....
after watching all of these Madden 09 videos..... Madden 08 doesn't look so bad now
and this is the EXACT same thing I said last year after playing Madden 08 (..."u know, Madden 07 looked pretty good compared to this).....

what does that tell you.....please spare me the sarcastic replies....

when I talk about graphics I mainly mean lighting and player detail..... Madden 09 player models look more realistic than past maddens....but seem less detailed....

same thing with the Lighting....so far from the videos...it seems the lighting has a more colorful look to it, like PS2/xbox Madden 05/06/07 compared to PS2/xbox Madden 02/03/04 (IMO looked better)....

but so far, to my taste, Madden 09 overall doesn't look more realistic compared to the Past few Maddens of Next Gen.....sure more colorful...but I don't know if that was needed...

It just doesn't look as realistic as before...seems more cartoony...but that just might be the art direction EA/Tiburon wants to go from now on.... they made this transition before with their Triple Play series as well as Fifa.....

ok now, before some just look at me as Mr. Negative... things I REALLY liked from the videos...
Snow seems to look alot better... I doubt I'll play too many snow games...but at least I know that when I play a game in my season that involves snow...I'll be exited because it looks way more realistic.....

and more importantly... I LOVE the new "Character Grounding with Foot-plant" video... WAY more realistic and just seems it is going to be sooo fun running the ball this year...
http://www.easports.com/madden09/ful...=footplant_vid

in the end, as much as I HATE the whole Exclusive NFL contract situation.... I have always had FUN playing Madden games..... sure there is Frustration every now and then....but I still have fun... I was just playing my younger brother Last night and I remembered how fun Madden 08 was... there were moments like my brother's player stepped out of bounce and came back and caught the ball and got a KEY 1st down ( I tried to challenge...and of course the play stood..and I followed with "F@#$#$ing EA GOD DAMNIT") I still won the game though...

I love the on-the-fly playmaker (hot routes) and just the overall control options in Madden games....the thing is though...

I just feel cheated this Gen...as far as Football games are concerned... I just feel during this PS3/360 era we are going to miss what MADDEN and other football titles could have been on these NEXT Gen consoles.....if there was competition....

I blame 5% of this on EA.....and F'n 95% of this on the F'n NFL.... >
Old 05-23-2008, 08:04 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Afrikan - First of all I can't understand how you can interpret Ian Cummings posting here as somehow a negative thing in regars to it's "viral marketing". First of all, each person here should have a mind of their own and be able to determine if he is BS'ing or not and second of all communication between the community and EA is not just a marketing tool, he has proven some things will be in the game that were not going to be before (for instance the weapon icons and square lighted up TD celebration icons being toggable to off).

Secondly, I've heard the "cartoony" criticism before but to me that is about the furthest thing from the truth in regards to what I'm seeing in Madden 09 clips. Cartoony to me implies ultra colorful, short, squat player models who run around like cartoons (Fred Flintstone) and the only way I can see that you're seeing this is the fact that now the field is more varied in color because of the ultra-improved lighting. I don't know how you can look at the player models and feel they are cartoony, although I know in the PS2 last-gen games that could be a definitive statement, I just don't see that in these current models. And in regards to the color, I'm not sure if you've been to a real NFL game or not but I have and I can tell you that the field and the areas around it are usually quite colorful unless it's a gray, overcast and/or snowy day.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I honestly cannot see where you are coming from in regards to those first two comments. I'm glad to see that you do say though that you can usually enjoy Madden because bottom line that is what the game is supposed to bring to you: enjoyment.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2008, 08:21 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 21

ODogg.... I was not Talking about Ian Cummings.... I love what he is doing.... I love what the Sony devs do for us over there in the MLB forums...

I was talking about some posts in this thread, as well as other threads I have noticed lately..... they just seem so ridiculous that it seems fishy......o'l well.... but again before I get jumped by everyone here I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT IAN CUMMINGS......lol

I loved the art direction (is that what its called?) of Madden 2001-2004 but did not like the "cartoony" look of Madden 2005-07...from last gen...

and this gen it seems like they are headed in that direction again.... Madden 07 looked great...It really felt like I was watching a football game...... Madden 08 didn't look as realistic, maybe because the cut back on some this like lighting & player detail, to hit 60fps...... Madden 09 looks more colorful...but IMO doesn't look like I'm watching a football compared to Madden 07..

here is Madden 07 again (click on the pics)...... IMO it just looks more realistic...as far as Lighting and player detail...sure there are the WWF Arms....but just the overall look of the game was niiiice...

Last edited by Afrikan; 05-23-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:06 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
Go download the vid from GameTrailers in HD and you can see the differences quite well. There are better/more realistic muscle definitions. Look at the way the Shoulder pads sit on the players now. Everything is more rounded and organic as opposed to the more angular, "squared" feel and look of every Madden this gen. Is it something that jumps out at you like "Damn!", not really. But that seems to be a synopsis of the whole Madden experience this year. It's more about a decerning eye picking out the finer details in player models, animations and gameplay. The real big stuff is the "fluffy" features like Rewind and Virtual Trainer, which most of us who've played for a while won't really feel.

So is this just a roster update for you? Your choice......
I'm not saying that player models aren't improved... as I have seen in other videos. I'm just saying that THIS video doesn't demonstrate that IMO, so a lot of people are just convincing themselves in this post instead of letting THIS video truly convince you.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Old 05-23-2008, 11:19 PM   #54
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Madden 09>Every Other Madden graphically

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-23-2008, 11:28 PM   #55
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Madden 09>Every Other Madden graphically
No doubt about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2008, 05:54 AM   #56
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
you know..... it seems... EA has caught on to how important of a place OperationSports is, because it seems there are alot more viral marketers or maybe (god forbid) just extreme blind fanboys who are posting here now.....

did someone say on the first page that, by judging from this comparison video, that Madden 09 looks better than MLB The Show.....WTF....people are entitled to their opinions...but come on.......

ah here it is....
"...MAdden now is the best looking sports game on next gen above the show..."

my personal opinion....so far from all the videos...

its sad for me to say that I have just noticed something...

as far as graphics....
after watching all of these Madden 09 videos..... Madden 08 doesn't look so bad now
and this is the EXACT same thing I said last year after playing Madden 08 (..."u know, Madden 07 looked pretty good compared to this).....

what does that tell you.....please spare me the sarcastic replies....

when I talk about graphics I mainly mean lighting and player detail..... Madden 09 player models look more realistic than past maddens....but seem less detailed....

same thing with the Lighting....so far from the videos...it seems the lighting has a more colorful look to it, like PS2/xbox Madden 05/06/07 compared to PS2/xbox Madden 02/03/04 (IMO looked better)....

but so far, to my taste, Madden 09 overall doesn't look more realistic compared to the Past few Maddens of Next Gen.....sure more colorful...but I don't know if that was needed...

It just doesn't look as realistic as before...seems more cartoony...but that just might be the art direction EA/Tiburon wants to go from now on.... they made this transition before with their Triple Play series as well as Fifa.....

ok now, before some just look at me as Mr. Negative... things I REALLY liked from the videos...
Snow seems to look alot better... I doubt I'll play too many snow games...but at least I know that when I play a game in my season that involves snow...I'll be exited because it looks way more realistic.....

and more importantly... I LOVE the new "Character Grounding with Foot-plant" video... WAY more realistic and just seems it is going to be sooo fun running the ball this year...
http://www.easports.com/madden09/ful...=footplant_vid

in the end, as much as I HATE the whole Exclusive NFL contract situation.... I have always had FUN playing Madden games..... sure there is Frustration every now and then....but I still have fun... I was just playing my younger brother Last night and I remembered how fun Madden 08 was... there were moments like my brother's player stepped out of bounce and came back and caught the ball and got a KEY 1st down ( I tried to challenge...and of course the play stood..and I followed with "F@#$#$ing EA GOD DAMNIT") I still won the game though...

I love the on-the-fly playmaker (hot routes) and just the overall control options in Madden games....the thing is though...

I just feel cheated this Gen...as far as Football games are concerned... I just feel during this PS3/360 era we are going to miss what MADDEN and other football titles could have been on these NEXT Gen consoles.....if there was competition....

I blame 5% of this on EA.....and F'n 95% of this on the F'n NFL.... >
I see what you're saying to a point. Over the last few weeks I've gone from cynical critic to darn near fanboy. Why? Ian had a lot to do with it. Now, because of him we know what's not in the game and what is. And also how he feels about what isn't there. I've made my peace about Gang Tackling and OL/DL interaction. They aren't there but are on the radar. So now I'm focusing on what IS there. And what has been fixed/improved. Continuing to complain about the other is a TOTAL waste of time. All I can really do about it is not buy the game, if I'm that bothered. As to the graphics, to me the models do look and move tons better than 08,07 or 06. 07 actually had the best models IMO but they moved like apes. I'm really loving 09 because the whole graphics package reminds me of Fifa08. Same textures and type of body models. And that is my favorite game of all. So when I see the simularities it evokes a very positive response. And actually the more I watch the vids I can see all kinds of Fifa influence on this game. Once again, positive response. But they now have a guy who was part of that whole building of Fifa-NHL-NBA Street deal up at EAC. And I can see how he's already improved the game in ONE development cycle. What can be done in 2!!!!?????

And then it seems that Ian is talking my language about what's right and wrong with Madden this gen. He has a vision that mirrors my own. And he is willing to come here and take input? I'm sold on him, which means I'm willing to support his vision. Enthusiastically. He isn't selling us what there isn't, but is showing us what there is. And what's even funnier, is that they are putting out vids based on topics we're discussing at this time. It is really cool to have him say on the board that I'm gonna show you about our tackling and then the next day there's a blog about it and vids, BASED on the interaction with the community. Not some PR marketing plan. And now the logos on the helmets are getting fixed before ship? Good stuff.

There are any number of people who still aren't swayed or mad that certain issues didn't get fixed. And there are guys like you who are in between/ on the fence. But the reason that there is a growing sense of hope and excitement on this board is based on Ian coming here and not only answering our concerns/questions but also acting on what he can at this late date. Unless a person is a blind EA ***** or jaded to the point of no return, that is special. And gives hope that 2010 can be a Madden like none other.....

Maybe the NFL, in spite of themselves, didn't do such a bad thing afterall.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »