Home

So, what would it take?

This is a discussion on So, what would it take? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2008, 03:33 PM   #25
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: So, what would it take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
I disagree with almost everything you said I thought it was common knowledge by know that it takes about 2 months for the games to get certified through MS/Sony.

Everyone didn't hate Madden 08 I know tons of people played the hell out of it with its many flaws. I don't like when people try to force their feelings on everyone. Just because you hated the game doesn't mean everyone else hated the game.

Madden 08 sold 5.6 Million copy's about 4 million of those consumers don't know anything about the bugs, glitch's, and shortcomings of the title. Go to a Madden release event and ask people if they know about the 3 DL pinch crash glitch. They are going to say what glitch because they don't even know they exist.

Madden 09 is going to do very well in sales this year it should at least do 6 Million copy's if not 7. The have succeeded in making the game more accessible to the causal gamer or to the football fan that doesn't buy Madden. I'm sure Madden will put up a larger chunk of the consumer base this year.

What you are asking for just isn't going to happen Madden would have to be Alone in the Dark for your future to take place. It's going to get better ratings than it did last year I'll put money on that.

We all believe the hype if your an NFL football fan you can't help it. It's a part of the process when was the community as a whole not hyped about an upcoming Madden game? Never

Madden 09 will ship and people will find a couple of broken plays, bugs, glitch's, etc.... Just like every other year you can't avoid these things its a part of this industry.

I hate glitch's, bugs, and broken plays as much as the next guy but if you think Madden will ship without them you have a false sense of reality. Ian has promised they are all for patching the game to fix these issues the team did it last year with the fumbles for instance. Personally that's all I can ask for just patch the major issues and I can live with that.

Even if we all don't buy the game it won't change anything we only make up about 10 to 20% of Maddens consumer base. With that we have more control over the game than the other 80 or 90%.
I didn't start this threat to have it turn ugly so I'm going to tread lightly here.

1st. As far as the common knowledge goes on when a game goes gold, I was just reporting that 90% of the people in that thread seemed to be pissed off that the game has gone gold 7 week before release. It was not me saying it, it was them, read the thread and you will see.

2nd. I never said everyone hated Madden 08, I did say that I did. Although I can now admit post patch and with slider adjustments the game is playable, off line only.

3rd. I am not asking anyone to boycott Madden, what I asked was a simple hypothetical question "what would it take" in other words if Madden 09 is full of bug and glitches like 08 was, which I'd be willing to bet a weeks pay that it will not be, would that finally be enough for people to say I've had enough and take a year off. It's a yes or no answer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2008, 02:25 PM   #26
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: So, what would it take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD

3rd. I am not asking anyone to boycott Madden, what I asked was a simple hypothetical question "what would it take" in other words if Madden 09 is full of bugs and glitches like 08 was, which I'd be willing to bet a weeks pay that it will not be, would that finally be enough for people to say I've had enough and take a year off. It's a yes or no answer.

Damn, I just lost a weeks pay.......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »