Home

Another bizarre/annoying issue?

This is a discussion on Another bizarre/annoying issue? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 09:28 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Another bizarre/annoying issue?

EDIT= thread title should be ANOTHER bizarre/annoying issue

some moderator please fix if you can

As if the slider thing wasn't terrible enough, I just read this over at Bill Abner's blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Abner
I start a franchise -- maybe it's in there. Nope. You can't even change your settings *anywhere* inside franchise mode. So the franchise that you start will use your settings from the main menu. Ok...so that isn't the answer either.
So basically, it appears, if I'm understanding this correctly, the settings (adaptive AI, Madden IQ, "sliders", difficulty level, whatever you want to call it) CANNOT be adjusted within franchise mode?

Seriously?

I would so no way, but from my experience with other EA products, most recently Euro 2008, they do in fact design & release games that don't allow tweaking within a franchise.

This angers me.

You can see it happening already, 4 years, 4 games, 4 minutes into your franchise mode you come to the conclusion that the game is (insert gameplay complaint her)______________ and you are stuck with it? You cannot modify it? You need to return to the main menu & adjust the settings, then restart a new franchise (this is how Euro 2008 worked )

What about QUARTER LENGTH, is this included in the items that you CANNOT adjust within Franchise mode also?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 09:32 AM   #2
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: No bizarre/annoying issue

I can udnerstand your frustration here. So if we want to get the perfect franchise going, we have to wait until we get our sliders down in play now and such. I know over the course of several years of franchise/dynasty i tweak things quite a bit (especially if patches are involved).

Im not sure il ike being told i can only change my sliders and settings from main menu and will have to re-start franchise to see any changes.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:40 AM   #3
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

If confirmed..this is just another major wtf for me...and only makes me feel better about canceling my pre-order today and renting down the line somewhere.

Man Im bitter and angry right now...but above all else Im just sad from the whole situation

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 08-01-2008, 09:42 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Man Im bitter and angry right now...but above all else Im just sad from the whole situation
Message Board Posting 101 taught me never to post while angry.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:45 AM   #5
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

Its easy to question alot of the decisions made, id like to hear some answers on this, get some feedback on why the decisions were made. Some of them are curious to say the least.

Quote:
Quote:
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 10:21 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Another bizarre/annoying issue?

Damnit.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:27 AM   #7
Turn 10 - Microsoft

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceBrown
So basically, it appears, if I'm understanding this correctly, the settings (adaptive AI, Madden IQ, "sliders", difficulty level, whatever you want to call it) CANNOT be adjusted within franchise mode?

Seriously?

What about QUARTER LENGTH, is this included in the items that you CANNOT adjust within Franchise mode also?
These aren't true. You can adjust your sliders before going into each franchise game. I just verified this with the final game disc. Just like in Play Now, these get saved with your profile and can be adjusted as you go into any game.

Quarter length can be adjusted in Franchise as well on the franchise options screen.

Phil
Old 08-01-2008, 10:30 AM   #8
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillycheze
These aren't true. You can adjust your sliders before going into each franchise game. I just verified this with the final game disc. Just like in Play Now, these get saved with your profile and can be adjusted as you go into any game.

Quarter length can be adjusted in Franchise as well on the franchise options screen.

Phil
Thanks Phil, great news. Glad to hear we can adjust each game before its played in the settings menu

Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »