Home

Fix Player Numbers!!!!!

This is a discussion on Fix Player Numbers!!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 11:36 AM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Fix Player Numbers!!!!!

Posted this somewhere else thought i would make a thread for this problem. It sucks to see when teams sign free agents or draft picks and tight ends, linebackers, etc get weird jersey numbers liike #1!!! previous maddens had the system correct but it hasnt been fixed in a while! I would deff. like to see this fixed and if you do as well please post and maybe it will get their attention.

Here is everything explained:

All players must wear numerals on their jerseys in accordance with Rule 5, Section 3, Article 3c (see NOTE 1), and such numerals must be by playing position as follows: quarterbacks, punters, and placekickers, 1-19 (and 10-19 for wide receivers if 80-89 are all otherwise assigned); running backs and defensive backs, 20-49; centers, 50-59 (60-79 if 50-59 unavailable); offensive guards and tackles, 60-79; wide receivers and tight ends, 80-89; defensive lineman, 60-79 (90-99 if 60-79 unavailable); and linebackers 50-59 (90-99 if 50-59 unavailable).

If a player changes his position during his playing career in the NFL and such change moves him out of a category specified above, he must be issued an appropriate new jersey number.

Any request to wear a number for a special position not specified above (e.g., H-back) must be made to the Commissioner.

During the preseason period when rosters are larger, the League will allow duplication and other temporary deviations from the numbering scheme specified above, but the rule must be adhered to for all players during the regular season and postseason. Clubs must make numbers available to adhere to the rule, even if it requires putting back into circulation a number that has been retired or withheld for other reasons. See 7-2-3 for reporting change of position. (Note 2)

NOTES:

1. 5, 3, 3c has to do with the size and placement of the numerals
2. 7, 2, 3 rules regarding notifying the referee of eligibility if wearing and ineligible number for a position. Basically, any player wearing an eligible number at a pass receiving position (running backs, tight ends, and wide receivers) can play any eligible pass receiving position without reporting to the referee. That is, running backs can line up as wide receivers or tight ends, and players wearing wide receiver and/or tight end numbers can line up in the backfield without having to report to the referee.

In summary:

QB, P, K
1-19

RB, DB
20-49

C
50-59 Alternate : 60-79

G, T
60-79

WR
80-89 Alternate: 10-19

TE
80-89

DL (NT/DT/DE)
60-79 Alternate: 90-99

LB
50-59 Alternate: 90-99

Last edited by JayD; 08-31-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2008, 12:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Fix Player Numbers!!!!!

co-signed!
Old 08-31-2008, 02:43 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Great post...this is not impossible to implement...theyve had it in place for current gen games in previous maddens...furthermore..drafted rookies need to be adjusted in accordance with this rule as well...

Fix it!!!!!
Old 08-31-2008, 03:22 PM   #4
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

lol 2 much time on you hands this post goes in the who cares bin. I understand what your saying but is this not something you can't fix or let play out.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:24 PM   #5
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

^^^i agree. This is a non issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2008, 05:18 PM   #6
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
^^^i agree. This is a non issue.
lol...while I wouldn't say it deserves it's own thread by any means, I wouldn't call it a non issue. It may seem minor, but playing a franchise and seeing a 350 OL with #1 on his back is just one more thing to detract from real immersion. It's certainly minor and not anything I'd expect to see fixed this year or anything, but it is something that could (and should) be easily added. Unless you control all the teams, you can't really do much about it. Of course this brings about another thing I'd like to see added which is full player editing control, but oh well.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:40 PM   #7
All Star

JayD's Arena

i posted this for the franchise/sim players. I know it isnt a issue for some but im sure this is something that can easily be fixed. I mean are we not trying to get as close to realism as possible...
Old 08-31-2008, 06:42 PM   #8
All Star

JayD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
lol...while I wouldn't say it deserves it's own thread by any means, I wouldn't call it a non issue. It may seem minor, but playing a franchise and seeing a 350 OL with #1 on his back is just one more thing to detract from real immersion. It's certainly minor and not anything I'd expect to see fixed this year or anything, but it is something that could (and should) be easily added. Unless you control all the teams, you can't really do much about it. Of course this brings about another thing I'd like to see added which is full player editing control, but oh well.
I agree even if they add full player control i would be happy.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »