Home

With these big injuries...what do you do in Franchise?

This is a discussion on With these big injuries...what do you do in Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2008, 09:32 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: With these big injuries...what do you do in Franchise?

I like to keep pace with the season and the year,I sit them in play now and my franchise
Old 09-10-2008, 09:54 PM   #50
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

you should also make the other games mimic the actual games. so, every game save for the one you play would have the same outcome as its real world counterpart. i have always thought that madden would be cool if it had a "live franchise mode". i say go for it.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:07 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 6

I always play a sim style franchise with my favorite team.

I also try and do one somewhat sim style with the first week rosters and play out the season as well.

And i'd love the updated rosters in the franchise, that would be freakin' sweet.

Lastly, I think it would be awesome if we could have injury control in editing rosters, so if someone got hurt we can make that happen, this may be a stretch but it would sure help the sim aspect as by doing so we could more easily replicated results in our franchises that we try to keep sim.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2008, 11:10 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

I would definitely be interested in a "Live Franchise Mode." However, I feel that the way injuries are presented to the player in the Franchise Mode needs to be changed. Right now, if Tom Brady was out for the rest of the season in my franchise, I wouldn't know unless I played the Patriots or just so happened to look at their roster. I'd also like to see how major injuries affect the team throughout the season. For example, having a headline towards the end of the season that shows how well or poorly the Patriots did with Brady injured would definitely give the franchise a more personal experience that's different from everyone else's.

Maybe something like the ESPN headlines from NCAA 09 could be implemented to provide this. To take things a little further, the replay of how the injury happened could be viewed when you access the headline. But that wouldn't be appealing unless specific "injury animations" were used instead of just having the players get tackled, roll over and lay stiff. I'm not sure how the injuries are programmed, but perhaps you could trigger a different set of animations for different injuries whenever an injury occurs.

And not to bring up games from the past, but utilizing replays in other ways than just during halftime could add to the presentation aspect of things.

I don't know if any of this sounds good, but I was just throwing ideas out there
Old 09-10-2008, 11:21 PM   #53
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

what i would like would be the ability to Create a Player in the Franchise Mode. I like to keep my rosters as up to date as possible and your idea of adding the IR would be great. However during my franchise if someone gets hurt and i want to pick up a player i don't want to sign a veteran free agent i would want someone in my organization. Example if during my season Marques Harris or someone got hurt i would then want to create Antwan Applewhite to replace him instead of signing someone else.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:41 PM   #54
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

I would really enjoy this feature as I like playing with many different teams and styles. I do one Franchise with all 32 teams and just pick and choose the games I want to play throughout the year.

Ian, if this was somehow implemented, would it also be possible to get the real NFL stats/results for the games we simulate? Just have the real NFL boxscore imported into the season mode. That would definitely help with all of the complaints about getting realistic Franchise stats--they would be the same as real life. Just wondering if that would even be possible.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:25 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would just like franchise mode to work. Let's work on that idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2008, 12:36 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'd rather the developers focus on making Franchise mode better than adding a new mode that takes time away from fixing that. Superstar mode came in and that's when other area's that everyone loved started lacking. Don't need to go through that again imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »