Home

Holding Penalty Broken too now?

This is a discussion on Holding Penalty Broken too now? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2008, 10:02 AM   #17
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Holding Penalty Broken too now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timid
What the hell? So the guy doesn't have a right to voice his opinion because he's not d*ck riding Madden? Man, OS makes me sick sometimes....He didn't even come in here disrespectfully......Plus he's RIGHT. And I love Madden this year and don't have half the complaints that others do but that doesn't mean people aren't entitled to complain....

The holding calls are absolutely ridiculous after the patch......You should not have 7-8 holding penalties in a game....Maybe we'll just have to turn the sliders down for holding but with them all the way up, the penalties are ridiculous.....

We appreciate EA trying to fix the game but like usual, the way overcompensated for something and now there's an upsurd amount of holding calls during a game....
holding calls have always been prominent in Madden. I've never been able to play Madden with the holding penalty maxed out because it gets called way to frequently.

And to be honest, I don't know why someone would complain about the holding calls happening too often when they have the penalty maxed out. Just lower the slider. We wanted working penalty sliders and we got them. Lets us them.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-29-2008, 10:12 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
holding calls have always been prominent in Madden. I've never been able to play Madden with the holding penalty maxed out because it gets called way to frequently.

And to be honest, I don't know why someone would complain about the holding calls happening too often when they have the penalty maxed out. Just lower the slider. We wanted working penalty sliders and we got them. Lets us them.
Because its common knowledge that every year, we have to turn all the penalty sliders to the max and still don't see enough calls all around....So of course people are still playing with them maxed out......But all somebody had to do was suggest turning down the sliders, they don't have to be a-holes about it......
Old 09-29-2008, 10:12 AM   #19
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

I never complained about too many holding calls.. and if you read my original post, i said i was actually happy with the more frequent penalty calls.. My problem is with the number of holding calls at the end of the play.

It seems like the offensive holding penalty is completely random as to where it occurs on the field, when it should be behind the line of scrimmage 95% of the time.

If TJ and other choose to overlook this, then good for them.
It still won't make me just "Shut up" and play as they would like to see happen.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:16 AM   #20
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
I never complained about too many holding calls.. and if you read my original post, i said i was actually happy with the more frequent penalty calls.. My problem is with the number of holding calls at the end of the play.

It seems like the offensive holding penalty is completely random as to where it occurs on the field, when it should be behind the line of scrimmage 95% of the time.

If TJ and other choose to overlook this, then good for them.
It still won't make me just "Shut up" and play as they would like to see happen.
I didn't say you did. I was responding to what timid wrote in his post.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:18 AM   #21
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timid
Because its common knowledge that every year, we have to turn all the penalty sliders to the max and still don't see enough calls all around....So of course people are still playing with them maxed out......But all somebody had to do was suggest turning down the sliders, they don't have to be a-holes about it......
who's being a-holes about it? I don't even know who complained about too many holding calls in the first place. Boooey's complaint was a what point they happen, not the number of holding calls.

I understand that people are still playing with them maxed out, I was as well. But after the first 2 games and seeing numerous holding calls like back on the PS2 days, I lowered the slider until it felt comfortable to me.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2008, 10:25 AM   #22
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
who's being a-holes about it? I don't even know who complained about too many holding calls in the first place. Boooey's complaint was a what point they happen, not the number of holding calls.

I understand that people are still playing with them maxed out, I was as well. But after the first 2 games and seeing numerous holding calls like back on the PS2 days, I lowered the slider until it felt comfortable to me.
I believe they are talking about TJ, and steelersfan7 who told me to be quiet, be happy, and just play the game, and stop complaining.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:33 AM   #23
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
I believe they are talking about TJ, and steelersfan7 who told me to be quiet, be happy, and just play the game, and stop complaining.
gotcha.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:34 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

It can't be broken. I've had a grip of holding calls pre-patch and post-patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »