Home

Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

This is a discussion on Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2008, 07:05 PM   #241
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

Wow, I want in on this too, my wife is sick of me complaining. I force myself to play occasionally because I like playing video football; but, aside from graphics, I am still playing the same game that I did clear back in 1992. I gave up on the PS3 version after a week and felt all was lost until Countryboy posted about the PS2 version. It has been my game this year, but it is still the same old game.

My question is what do we do? I feel helpless. I have money to spend and I want a good game to play. But I guess there are only 17 people on this planet that feels this way so I might as well get used to worthless video football for the rest of my life.

Rant over, but it didn't make me feel any better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2008, 01:55 AM   #242
Banned

haze56's Arena

OVR: 4

To me NCAA is the better game this year and this Madden is just terrible...It doesn't resemble american football at all...LB's jump like they are superman to pick you off...The ratings don't mean anything...You make any WR look like Randy Moss...The ratings are messed up...Only great players should have a 90+ rating...Make average guys have 50-70 rating so people can't just put in a WR because they are tall...The CPU cheats you with robo QB and they know every play you are running..You come out in 4 wr HB draw..They come out in their base defense...You come out in 2 wr set and pick a pass play..They come out in nickel...Just very frustarting.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:59 PM   #243
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

Well, I feel the same way guys....I was very excited for this year's Madden game, and of course I was let down again. Madden 09 was a step in the right direction but it was far from what we deserve as Madden supporters. This year for once, I won't be running to the stores to get the game. I'll wait to hear what you guys have to say before I make my decision. I sure hope that Ian and the crew can bring my enthusiasm for football back.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:25 PM   #244
Banned

OVR: 26

Well if their community involvement is any precursor to the game, I think we are headed in the right direction. Be mindful that everything can not be corrected in one year, such is the drawback of getting a new game annually, but it seems they may be focusing on the right aspects that need to be improved for next year.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:28 PM   #245
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

The Franchise Mode has all the depth of a kiddie pool.

THAT is what's killing the NEXT-GEN experience for me.

Would it kill them to code in a web-site a la NBA 2K9 that updates you on weekly events?????

They had a newspaper and radio show on last-gen....where is it? Terrible player editor, no CPU AI, no CPU trades, siginings are terrible, uni options suck, and more.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2008, 04:33 PM   #246
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Be mindful that everything can not be corrected in one year
They've had 20 for crying out loud.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:42 PM   #247
All Star

OVR: 33

They had it right in 05, and on last gen, and even on pc. Heck even PSP is great.

Its just next-gen that has ultimately been disappointing.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:18 AM   #248
Banned

OVR: 26

Well trades midseason are pretty rare in the NFL but more could be done to improve franchise I agree 100%. If they put back in everything they took out it would be a huge bonus already Tony Bruno Show, Restricted Free Agency, Expansion Temas, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »