Home

Im feeling really good about Madden 2010 and so should you!

This is a discussion on Im feeling really good about Madden 2010 and so should you! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2008, 03:01 PM   #113
Rookie

hotboydttjr's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Im feeling really good about Madden 2010 and so should you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I see no reason to feel good. I have nothing personal against Ian, hell he's more standup then anybody yet from EA.

That being said I've watched videos and blogs for two years now and felt, "Hey maybe this year it looks like they get it". But in the end it's the same old game. Madden can be fun for a few weeks, but playing a season becomes a chore.

I hope Ian can accomplish his goals. But I have no reason after the last few years to feel good about Madden.
See he understands where I am coming from.

"Hey maybe this year it looks like they get it".
Old 12-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #114
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
lol...I don't see how trashing without providing anything constructive is "lighting a fire" or whatever. I am speaking generally by the way, not just to your "light a fire" cause.
With all due respect....this "excuse" is tired.
If input is what's needed (obviously it is) all that has to be done is look through all the stickied threads,and most importantly look back through the YEARS,to see all the input that was given.

Most of the input and suggestions that were given WAS done in a constructive manner,but when year after year,the wishlists fall on deaf ears,the frustration sets in.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 12-01-2008, 03:04 PM   #115
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
The Biggest "mistake" tiburon made was creating a new "engine" for the PS3/Xbox 360. I would bet that they will just port over what they have when the time comes.
I agree Cusefan.

In my opinion...and it seems for many people, that the price we've paid has been far too high, for EA's decision to start from scratch with the PS3/360 systems. By year four...and many of us are still left wanting for things we already had, that to me is pretty clear evidents a mistake was made.

Whenever the PS4/720 systems are released, if EA didn't learn from all this...I sure have. If the same decision is repeated, I won't be in any hurry to spend hundreds of dollars to play stripped down games again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2008, 03:07 PM   #116
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I don't think this engine is as brand new as they'd like us to believe.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:09 PM   #117
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
If input is what's needed (obviously it is) all that has to be done is look through all the stickied threads,and most importantly look back through the YEARS,to see all the input that was given.

Most of the input and suggestions that were given WAS done in a constructive manner,but when year after year,the wishlists fall on deaf ears,the frustration sets in.
I agree with everything you said CP. The only thing that is keeping my hope alive, and that's all it is currently, is that new leadership will be able to right the ship.

I'm playing the wait and see game with Ian and Phil.

EA never visited us in the past as Ian and Phil have.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:09 PM   #118
Rookie

hotboydttjr's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Hit the ball out of the park. I agree 110%
Old 12-01-2008, 03:16 PM   #119
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:

lol...it's a matter of perspective I guess. What's tired to me is the boo-hooing and the ranting. That's been going on for years too. It too has led to exactly where we are. It also brings nothing to the table. At this point, if you really feel Madden is crap and will never be good...why still rant about it just for the sake of it? In another forum it makes sense. In a threads dedicated for suggestions/feedback, it just comes off as childish and counterproductive.

It's not an excuse IMO, it's common sense. The guy is on here directly asking for feedback. He wasn't involved in the years of people begging for things on this site or others like it. Does he know generally what we want...sure. There are specifics he asks about that we can't agree on HERE, let alone accross the spectrum of Madden gamers.

Generating discussion is the only way to sort through legit complaints and requests vs random ones. It makes sense. It allows us to gather together and figure out just how WE want them to approach them. If we are productive about it, it may actually contribute to improvement of the franchise. I really don't see a negative in that, as you would think it's something we all want (unless one is so blindly loyal to 2K that they want Madden to fail miserably for the next 4 years).

None of this speaks to Ian's credibility or ability. Based on the Madden game I've seen from EA the last few years in particular, I have serious doubts. I don't even buy Madden normally (I did buy 09 for NFL HC, which I really wanted, and because Madden wasn't a complete trainwreck this year), and I don't plan on blindly changing that trend.

Believe it or not Ian knows we doubt. I don't see any problem with being skeptical, or even negative for that matter. My only point is the childishness these doubts or displeasures are presented is counterproductive. Aren't we supposedly the "mature" site? It seems to apply to every forum but this one.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:17 PM   #120
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

agreed

but at some point a choice needs to be made by YOU the gamer

a. don't play anymore

b. realize the fact that 2k is never coming back and accept EA's version of NFL football

endless be-yatching is equal to endless excuse-making

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »