Home

Redzone Fade Route...Any input from Ian would be great.

This is a discussion on Redzone Fade Route...Any input from Ian would be great. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2008, 11:23 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Redzone Fade Route...Any input from Ian would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkcanes
Um I'm wondering can we have touch passes I mean if there is bullet pass and lob passes then there should be something in the middle touch passes.. I'm starting to wonder if the guys that make madden watch Football at all.
Hope you're kidding, because that's like saying that movie directors don't watch movies at all.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:43 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballplaya72
If the defense does not have one of the following: A) Shut down corner or B) Help from safety) then a taller receiver lik Moss, Fitz, or Andre Johnson should 8/10 win the battle against the corner on a fade route.
8/10 might be a bit ambitious ... if only because fade routes are tough to throw. Sure, a receiver should win that battle, but it's no gimme that the QB's gonna put it in the right spot. Still, point taken
Old 12-03-2008, 02:35 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 10

Madden definetely lacks the "Endzone Fade" animations, but it also roots from the terrible and unrealistic coverage gameplay/animations

Just like the QB, the pass defense is also robotic. The way they leap and deflect passes is just inhuman.

The WR/CB battle should be all about timing, and should be fixed in '10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2008, 03:42 PM   #12
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
Hope you're kidding, because that's like saying that movie directors don't watch movies at all.
I get what you mean but there is a lot of things that happen and do not happen in football. If you have ever played for school or what not you would no turning your hips slows you down just a bit and recover speed helps you out. In madden they don't turn their hips and when they do they never slow at all. looking for the ball in the air is called adjusting for the ball but in madden it seems like they never herd of that because ANY Corner in the game can knock down a deep ball even the bums.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:45 PM   #13
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

I would love to see fade routes added and perhaps a corresponding rating like "Ball Skills" to go with it. Not all tall guys are great at catching fades (Matt Jones), and smaller guys like Marvin Harrison and Jimmy Smith a few years back have made a killing beating guys off the line and getting to the back corner of the end zone.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:24 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
I work with guys in television production that don't watch television.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:46 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkcanes
I get what you mean but there is a lot of things that happen and do not happen in football. If you have ever played for school or what not you would no turning your hips slows you down just a bit and recover speed helps you out. In madden they don't turn their hips and when they do they never slow at all. looking for the ball in the air is called adjusting for the ball but in madden it seems like they never herd of that because ANY Corner in the game can knock down a deep ball even the bums.
I'm sure they do know about that, but when they put that stuff in, and a lot of other realistic movements and physics people start complaining because the learning curve increases a lot, instead of just "the QB hikes the ball, you back pedal, QB throws the ball behind you, you turn around on the dime while running the other way full speed and pick the ball off " .. the majority of Madden "fans" want that, and the minority that want it to not be so simple like that is .. well, us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2008, 06:47 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmulk
I work with guys in television production that don't watch television.
Great to know!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »