Home

Redzone Fade Route...Any input from Ian would be great.

This is a discussion on Redzone Fade Route...Any input from Ian would be great. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2008, 12:26 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Redzone Fade Route...Any input from Ian would be great.

for any of the WR routes to look and feel smooth and realistic they first need to rework the entire Football physics for the passing game. Too many times I am limited because I can only bullet the ball or lob it up for grabs....it needs more touch.....especially for elite QBs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2008, 08:58 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 6

All I want is to actually be able to lead the receiver on routes where the ball needs to be put over the shoulder and out a few yards.

I almost ever connect on streak routes unless they blow coverage or go for a pick and the ball magically warps through their hands.

If I just get a few steps of separation (which in real life means a decent chance at a big play) they jump up and swat it mid stride as usual.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:10 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

If they would rework the passing physics to be exactly like 2k8, it would be an amazing addition to madden. 2k8 does a great job of allowing you to put the ball where it needs to be with precision.

EA just sit and LEARN to play 2k8. Don't be bias toward it. There are a ton of great things you can learn from that game and implement into Madden that would make it a great game.

For instance, everyone in 2k8 feels different. When you play with Marino, it is nothing like playing with Aikman. Marino can fire the ball into small spaces that other quarterbacks simply can't. What that does is create false confidence of the person with the sticks in their hand and leads to interceptions trying to fit the ball into tight spaces.

In addition, pay attention to the details. Marino when standing in the pocket pumps the ball by lowering his elbow just like in real life. You make think this isn't a big deal but those details add realism.

In madden every quarterback feels the same.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:36 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherone21
If they would rework the passing physics to be exactly like 2k8, it would be an amazing addition to madden. 2k8 does a great job of allowing you to put the ball where it needs to be with precision.

EA just sit and LEARN to play 2k8. Don't be bias toward it. There are a ton of great things you can learn from that game and implement into Madden that would make it a great game.

For instance, everyone in 2k8 feels different. When you play with Marino, it is nothing like playing with Aikman. Marino can fire the ball into small spaces that other quarterbacks simply can't. What that does is create false confidence of the person with the sticks in their hand and leads to interceptions trying to fit the ball into tight spaces.

In addition, pay attention to the details. Marino when standing in the pocket pumps the ball by lowering his elbow just like in real life. You make think this isn't a big deal but those details add realism.

In madden every quarterback feels the same.

Yep, thats a big part of it, Larry Fitzgerald on a jump ball shouldnt be doing the same the thing Matt Jones is doing on a jump ball just because theyre both tall.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:15 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 19

If this play was implemented I think the User would HAVE to control the WR and the CPU would throw it up and you would have to go get it because I think if the User if forced to catch it himself i think it would limit some of the effectiveness and make it something very fun to do. Now if you have a average to good QB maybe 60% of the time the pass will be in a good spot and you can make a play on it,

Ex. Say I'm Oakland and Russell tosses it up too far and it sails out the back of the endzone.. but Peyton Manning can throw this pass damn near perfect 80% of the time.

I think that would limit the amount it is used in goalline situations because it wont be perfect everytime. As well I think it should only be out of the Goalline formation and can maybe only be used inside the 15.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:26 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 6

Give the user the option to control the receiver on a fade, or let the CPU catch it. Just make user catches a bit more successful than letting the CPU do everything for you. That way YOU control everything including the touch put on the ball to get it over the defender.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:32 PM   #31
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8

I think that would limit the amount it is used in goalline situations because it wont be perfect everytime. As well I think it should only be out of the Goalline formation and can maybe only be used inside the 15.[/quote]

Great point I've never thought of that but it would be sweet. Besides the using it only in the 15, it would be better if it failed most of the time when you are out of the behind their 15 yard line make it so a safety with a good awareness will brake it up because it's more open field for him. Once inside the 15 we should be able to throw it to the Wr outside shoulder so the safety can not do much being on the inside of the pass when it is thrown to the outside. That is where we would really see a shut down CB from a second or third stringer.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »