Home

Madden 10:Create a play is back?!....

This is a discussion on Madden 10:Create a play is back?!.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2009, 02:10 PM   #9
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Madden 10:Create a play is back?!....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
That sounds like a cheezers wet dream.
I've never been a fan of letting users take created plays online. These are the same people who thrive off exploits that already exist in the game... the last thing they need is the ability to create their own exploits before the snap.

It's a much needed feature for offline play though.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:10 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

I knew there would be a catch.

They won't give you a playmaker unless you buy Headcoach... OR a PSP and Madden 10.

There's ALWAYS a catch.

Maybe for 2011, they'll SELL it on Xbox Live or PSN as an add-on. (ie., you pay money and they "activate" it in the game)
Old 02-24-2009, 02:26 PM   #11
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
No thank you. Its not that important to me or I would have bought HC09 last year.
I feel pretty much the same way.

Overall I'm fairly pleased with the playbooks. So I probably wouldn't use this feature. But I realize many would love to have it added. Which is fine with me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 02:31 PM   #12
Banned

I don't own a PSP.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:36 PM   #13
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I've never been a fan of letting users take created plays online. These are the same people who thrive off exploits that already exist in the game... the last thing they need is the ability to create their own exploits before the snap.

I completely disagree.

If someone doesn't want to play sim football, they're not going to. Limiting the choices of the user isn't the answer. The user needs more choices, not less.

I want the ability to use created plays online so I can better simulate a team, develop a playbook, and...yes...have fun! I play opponents that play sim football. (Isn't the friends list a wonderful invention?)

I don't mind if there's a Fair Play Lobby for people who want to limit the game in an attempt to limit cheese, but I don't need that lobby. I want my opponent to have as many options as possible, and I trust my opponent to play sim football. It doesn't always work out (lol), but please don't punish the online user because some people don't play the way you want them to play.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:37 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow

It's a much needed feature for offline play though.
If Ian & company limits the exploits that are in the game, I'd love to have created plays online. Creating plays are a lot more fun when using them against a human opponent; you can see if they work, and see any counters that they can come up with. If it could be done correctly, if exploits are kept to a minimum, if there are online franchises with multiple seasons, think how fun that would be to create your own systems.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:40 PM   #15
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
I want my opponent to have as many options as possible, and I trust my opponent to play sim football. It doesn't always work out (lol), but please don't punish the online user because some people don't play the way you want them to play.
If there was a way to separate custom playbook games versus normal playbook games, then that would be ideal. My faith in the online EA football community playing sim football is at an all-time low after this year. I think one of the real shames of online Madden/NCAA is that the gameplay is completely targeted towards arcade football and it leaves a lot of sim gamers frustrated.

Back to the original topic though, I wonder if custom plays will go as far as Head Coach and have custom formations or whether you'll only be able to create plays out of the existing formations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 02:48 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 7

Look, all I want is for the option to be available in Franchise Mode. After all, in that mode you are sort of taking on the role of coach. I would expect to be able to have a hand in the playbook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »