Home

Ok So I'm Officially Calling Ian Out

This is a discussion on Ok So I'm Officially Calling Ian Out within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2009, 07:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
Ok So I'm Officially Calling Ian Out

First off....ABSOLUTELY GREAT JOB with Madden NFL 10 so far...the community so far is definately pleased.

With my happiness expressed and out the way so this doesnt come off as a rant or a bash...

WE NEED OL/DL NEWS.....i see the blog next week will deal with locomotion, movement and such and that IS a huge part of realism but I have seen Ian avoid these numerous threads so finally Ian can we have a response?

Whats up with the line play...its the game breaking component for many gamers out there.

Thnx
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2009, 07:51 PM   #2
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Ok So I'm Officially Calling Ian Out

I'd say it hasn't been covered yet because Ian isn't covering major new features yet.

Fingers crossed, anyway.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:57 PM   #3
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Ian say a long time back that he went to Canada or some studio and worked with line issues?

I'm sure he is holding off on any line news since it is a big deal and would be considered one of the more highly touted features.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 03-09-2009, 08:01 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Ian say a long time back that he went to Canada or some studio and worked with line issues?

I'm sure he is holding off on any line news since it is a big deal and would be considered one of the more highly touted features.
I don't know about the first part, but I'm sure of the second part. He is well aware that OL/DL play will need to be addressed. He's been working on almost every part of the passing game as of now.

I'm positive he's well on his way to working with the OL/DL interaction. It WILL be discussed at a later date.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:02 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 39

"Calling people out" isn't nice. Have you tried any other approaches?

How about patience?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2009, 08:14 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 12

While I understand your skepticism, you may be jumping to conclusions. All the things that Ian has addressed in his blog, most likely aren't as difficult, and take less time than Oline/Dline play. Procedural awarness, short, medium and deep accuracy, route running, QB drop back speed, game speed aren't as complicated as the play at the line of scrimmage. These problems that I've listed already, only involve one or two players at a time. Assuming no one of the defense blitzes, and the backs and the TE all release in to passing routes, the oline/dline play will still involve nine players; five olineman and four Dlineman. In the running game, even more players are involved in line of scrimmage play.

Last edited by Tito78; 03-09-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:17 PM   #7
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I think, and once again, speculation, that DL/OL interaction is the focus of this year's game. Kinda like when they'd take one aspect of the game on the PS2 version per year and hype it up... I think the trenches are this years version of that, so it's going to be back-of-the-box, off-limits to Ian sorta stuff.

The less he talks about it in that respect, the happier I am, because it means Marketing isn't letting him:P

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:23 PM   #8
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

still have months

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »