Home

Will Warrick Dunn/Felix Jones type back be able to lead block M10?

This is a discussion on Will Warrick Dunn/Felix Jones type back be able to lead block M10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2009, 08:00 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Will Warrick Dunn/Felix Jones type back be able to lead block M10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Whatever you want to do man, my post above clarifys my standing on this issue.
lol sure man and the post above that said you didnt care even if it was fixed and was worthless you still dont want to see it happen but the one after it says you would be ok if they fixed it. Which one is your opinion?
Old 03-30-2009, 08:05 PM   #18
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
lol sure man and the post above that said you didnt care even if it was fixed and was worthless you still dont want to see it happen but the one after it says you would be ok if they fixed it. Which one is your opinion?
I'd still rather not see it in the game but if its left there as long as we don't see serious run blocking from them or ridiculously long runs created from "scat backs" being at the fb posistion (the new fb dive stuff should help this I suppose but still) then I'll be happy and it will keep people from subbing them in there anyways.

My biggest thing on why I don't want them in there at fb because pass plays with the fb flat in it are still deadly especially with a speedy guy like Norwood and is still incredibly unrealistic especially since that player would never line up at the true fullback posistion.

In a shotgun set or two back (Pro Set formation) its understandable, this is done in real life and there is a better chance to counteract this on defense in the game.

Just my stance.

The fb flat route can be deadly enough on a blitz, imagine it with a Felix Jones racing down the field out of the FB posistion.

Stupid and unrealistic, NOT sim.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:13 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
I'd still rather not see it in the game but if its left there as long as we don't see serious run blocking from them or ridiculously long runs created from "scat backs" being at the fb posistion (the new fb dive stuff should help this I suppose but still) then I'll be happy and it will keep people from subbing them in there anyways.

My biggest thing on why I don't want them in there at fb because pass plays with the fb flat in it are still deadly especially with a speedy guy like Norwood and is still incredibly unrealistic especially since that player would never line up at the true fullback posistion.

In a shotgun set or two back (Pro Set formation) its understandable, this is done in real life and there is a better chance to counteract this on defense in the game.

Just my stance.

The fb flat route can be deadly enough on a blitz, imagine it with a Felix Jones racing down the field out of the FB posistion.

I was starting to think about that and it made me think of Percy Harvin....With the new ratings some HBs and FBs wont be able to catch as well but if someone put Harvin at FB it would be a total cheese fest. I dont play online except with people I know so cheese like this doesnt happen but it is an issue.

Maybe to counter it you us the new player line up to ensure someone is lined up with him at all times but it would still leave gaps that shouldnt be there. I would say maybe have an option before going into an online match that limits where you put players that both players agree to. If they dont agree then they are prob cheesers.

Its an issue yes but I dont feel the entire game should be limited because of it.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:42 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
I wasn't talking about moving fb's to rb thats fine but putting in a small little runningback at the TRUE fb posistion on an offense is ridiuclous and I got real sick of seeing it on espn's madden nation ill tell you that right now, it doesn't happen in real life and shouldn't happen in the game.

Like I said putting in a TE at fullback is fine, I guess an O-lineman or D-lineman is ok too (Hell Sapp did it every now and then) and putting in the fb at halfback is also fine, my point here is putting in a quickback like Jerrious Norrwood or Felix Jones at fullback should not be allowed even if it is fixed where they get no where, I just don't think it should be in the game especially since.

YOU DON'T SEE IT ON SUNDAY.
Can I ask your opinion on split backfield formations then? Neither player in such formations is a full back as such. I know the Dolphins have used split backfield formations with Brown and Williams. Are you saying that these formations would need to have the backs labelled differently?
Old 03-30-2009, 08:54 PM   #21
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Just my stance.

I see what you are saying, but if it gets fixed to the point where Jerious Norwood blocks like he does in real life, then I should have the option of putting him at fullback to run the fb flat if I want. If my opponent isn't paying enough attention to see him at FB and figure I'm not going to run behind him, then that's his problem. I wouldn't run with Jerious Norwood from the FB position either, but I might sneak him in there once or twice to try to send him out for a pass from the backfield.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 09:10 PM   #22

KANE699's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlight85
I see what you are saying, but if it gets fixed to the point where Jerious Norwood blocks like he does in real life, then I should have the option of putting him at fullback to run the fb flat if I want. If my opponent isn't paying enough attention to see him at FB and figure I'm not going to run behind him, then that's his problem. I wouldn't run with Jerious Norwood from the FB position either, but I might sneak him in there once or twice to try to send him out for a pass from the backfield.
Sneaking him in once or twice a game is one thing.

Thing is people will run like this the whole game and its cheap.

BTW my sentiments do not apply to split back formations such as pro set or shotgun formations with two backs, those arent true fullback posistions and do not apply to what im talking about.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:13 PM   #23
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

I know, man. Cheesers really do ruin the game in a lot of ways. But I don't want to take out functionality to fix that. If they fix the Xs and Os, then it'll fix the cheese. It's a long way away, but I think with this team they could get there.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:48 PM   #24

KANE699's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlight85
I know, man. Cheesers really do ruin the game in a lot of ways. But I don't want to take out functionality to fix that. If they fix the Xs and Os, then it'll fix the cheese. It's a long way away, but I think with this team they could get there.
You can't fix cheese by running Felix Jones into the flat from the fullback posistion, there is no way to realisticly hinder him from dominating at that spot. Him blocking on the other hand is fixable but his ability to be a reciever out of the backfield is great, the thing is it just shouldn't come from the fullback posistion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »