Home

In what Madden can we expect to see "Spectator Mode"?

This is a discussion on In what Madden can we expect to see "Spectator Mode"? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #25
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: In what Madden can we expect to see "Spectator Mode"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
I remember reading before the 360 even hit the shelves that this was a feature built into the 360. How you can watch any game at any time. It was highly touted but as we all know it's pretty much been neglected by many developers. I also recall reading that this wasn't something that the PS3 had built in. It could be done, from what I understand , but not as seamlessly as the 360.

Pretty much. I've been posting about this for years and years and we see the results of that.

Don't password it. Let anyone watch any game. Doesn't matter who, what or when.

My take on this also would be you can look at the game from different sections of the stadium if you wish. Hell , even from a particular seat. Also the option of a televised look or the conventional up top look.
It's be cool to have a sectional view. Especially for a big game like the Madden Bowl. But the passwords thing would be optional.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 09:26 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 28

I can go along with Passwords for everything except ranked public matches. No password for those. Privacy does not extend to a public match.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
It's be cool to have a sectional view. Especially for a big game like the Madden Bowl. But the passwords thing would be optional.
Exactly. Just allow the spectator to still control the way they view the game. If I'm watching someone else, I may want to leave the announcers on, and watch like a real game, even if I'm watching it from a bleacher cam. Or have a TV broadcast mode.

And this is why I'm confused by games like GOW 2-which gives you total camera control, and you can even take pictures. But, you can only do this when your actually playing the game, and get killed? Why can't I just spectate and take pictures?

Last edited by LAKE4742; 04-01-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:43 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 15

i think that talking should be disallowed for lag reasons. Plus the fact that someone could be spectating the game of someone they didnt like and give the other player an advantage by saving what the guy typically does. Replays would be cool too.

Replays in RTS's like Starcraft were always great learning tools, and you could watch the best of the best and how they play. Now you can also get replays of matches in halo3 and share them,

I don't know what you are talking about with this 360 watch any game thing. I don't think theres any universal net coding for all the games on xbox360. Thats why some games preform well online and some barely work. You can play a game like halo3 with 16 players and more often than not experience a pretty lag free game. Try playing a game like NBA2k9 or last year's 2k baseball game and its a whole different story, The baseball game wasnt even playable online, you had to swing as soon as the pitcher released the ball to have a change to hit someone with a good fastball. Basketball is better, but you can definitely feel that you are playing online versus off.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears_16_and_0
i think that talking should be disallowed for lag reasons. Plus the fact that someone could be spectating the game of someone they didnt like and give the other player an advantage by saving what the guy typically does.

Maybe have optional Spectator Chat. Only the spectators could hear and communicate with each other.

And of course, allow the players to actually be able to see how many people are spectating. Just put the number really small in the corner. Kind of adds to the game, having a real crowd. Surprised this hasn't been done already.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:11 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
I can go along with Passwords for everything except ranked public matches. No password for those. Privacy does not extend to a public match.
Why not give the user the option to select the way he/she wants it? Then for tournaments, give the commissioner the power to set the option.

1. Open- Everyone is able to watch
  2. Private- No one can watch
  3. Password- Only people with the password can watch

Last edited by dano562003; 04-01-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:46 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano562003
Why not give the user the option to select the way he/she wants it? Then for tournaments, give the commissioner the power to set the option.

1. Open- Everyone is able to watch
  2. Private- No one can watch
  3. Password- Only people with the password can watch
Public matches should be public. If you got nothing to hide then you shouldn't be worried about who's watching, thats the way I see it. Only cheesers would want to have privacy and I say let their cheating ways be in the light. It's easy for some chump to cheat when he knows it's just him and the victim but when there's a possibility that people are watching, possibly even an EA admin , then some of them will change their ways. If not at the very least they may get exposed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 08:55 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 15

right, unless spectators can cause more lag, or there are ways to cause games to crash or become unplayable by doing certain things (uploading a million things and slowing down your internet connection or something) THen you could have situations where people join games of specific people to screw their games up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »