Home

Madden Player Ratings (09)

This is a discussion on Madden Player Ratings (09) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 03:22 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Madden Player Ratings (09)

I would really like to see ratings spread a little further. I don't think there should be 50 guys in the 95 or better category. I think really you should have to be a HOF talent to get to that level. A majority of probowl players should only be 80-89 and the rest of starters should mainly fall in the 70s with players who are seen as weak points in their teams who should probably be replaced in the 60s. If I was going to list players who should be 95 or better

QB: peyton
Tom
Although Drew is my favorite QB and I think he is a great QB I wouldn't put him over 92 or 93.

HB: None
I think peterson should be the highest at 94. He has a ton of talent but also has his share of problems especially hanging on to the ball.

FB: None

WR: Fitz
Andre Johnson
Steve Smith
That is all I would put up there but I could see randy, or calvin coming close

TE: Gates
Witten
Gonzo

OT Peters
Thomas

OG Hutchenson
Snee

C Mangold
Ohara

DE: Jared Allen
Mario Williams
Julius Peppers
Justin tuck
I know a lot of people think freeny and mathis should get a mention here but while they are great pass rushers they are very one dementional and I have seen them torn up by draw plays enough that I think in run stopping type ratings they should be rated low enough that I see them low 90s. I could see osi up here but coming off of injury I wouldn't put him there.

DT Haynseworth
Kevin Williams
The other guy mentioned harris but he has really not lived up to the hype the last couple years and should drop off

OLB Merriman depending on how you see him coming back
Ware
Harrison

MLB Beason
Willis
Ray

CB Asomugha
Revis
Woodson

FS Reed

SS Troy

K Bironas

P Lechler

That is 33 which is higher than I would have figured I would put up there but that is all I figure really deserve the 95 or better rating.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:26 AM   #58
All Star

OVR: 33

^^^

I would take off Revis (3) and Woodson (4) if you're not including Corey Webster of the Giants who was the 2nd best corner in 2008.

Take away Bironas and add Vinatierri.

Take away Peters. He gave up 11.5 sacks last season in 13 games. Tied for 31st in the league.

Gates has done anything since the 2007 season. He's been injured and mediocre.

And if your not including freeney and mathis, I'd take away Tuck as well.

Otherwise good list.

Last edited by Exonerated; 04-21-2009 at 03:38 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:28 AM   #59

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
I would really like to see ratings spread a little further. I don't think there should be 50 guys in the 95 or better category. I think really you should have to be a HOF talent to get to that level. A majority of probowl players should only be 80-89 and the rest of starters should mainly fall in the 70s with players who are seen as weak points in their teams who should probably be replaced in the 60s. If I was going to list players who should be 95 or better

QB: peyton
Tom
Although Drew is my favorite QB and I think he is a great QB I wouldn't put him over 92 or 93.

HB: None
I think peterson should be the highest at 94. He has a ton of talent but also has his share of problems especially hanging on to the ball.

FB: None

WR: Fitz
Andre Johnson
Steve Smith
That is all I would put up there but I could see randy, or calvin coming close

TE: Gates
Witten
Gonzo

OT Peters
Thomas

OG Hutchenson
Snee

C Mangold
Ohara

DE: Jared Allen
Mario Williams
Julius Peppers
Justin tuck
I know a lot of people think freeny and mathis should get a mention here but while they are great pass rushers they are very one dementional and I have seen them torn up by draw plays enough that I think in run stopping type ratings they should be rated low enough that I see them low 90s. I could see osi up here but coming off of injury I wouldn't put him there.

DT Haynseworth
Kevin Williams
The other guy mentioned harris but he has really not lived up to the hype the last couple years and should drop off

OLB Merriman depending on how you see him coming back
Ware
Harrison

MLB Beason
Willis
Ray

CB Asomugha
Revis
Woodson

FS Reed

SS Troy

K Bironas

P Lechler

That is 33 which is higher than I would have figured I would put up there but that is all I figure really deserve the 95 or better rating.
Good list...At least the Cowboys won't be 97 overall this year. I was like how in the world are they 97?...lol
Old 04-21-2009, 03:41 AM   #60
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

OVR: 6

To: kcarr,

I agree whole heartedly with most of what you said. The ratings need to be spread out more.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:46 AM   #61
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
^^^

I would take off Revis (3) and Woodson (4) if you're not including Kevin Dockery of the Giants who was the 2nd best corner in 2008.

Take away Bironas and add Vinatierri.

Take away Peters. He gave up 11.5 sacks last season in 13 games. Tied for 31st in the league.

Gates has done anything since the 2007 season. He's been injured and mediocre.

And if your not including freeney and mathis, I'd take away Tuck as well.

Otherwise good list.
Statistically revis and woodson were near the top among CBs last year but they were kinda borderline picks for me anyway.

Haven't seen peters play too much other than them talking him up on NFL network, do people actually watch the bills? So that one was kinda a guess but I feel there should be at least the top couple LTs whoever those are determined to be.

Tuck was a pretty versatile position able to move all around the Dline, was able to pressure the QB well, and led all double digit sack DEs in tackles and had more sacks than either of those other two. I feel pretty strongly calling him a 95.

A few years ago I would have agreed with you on the viniteri thing but these past couple years bironas has made more field goals while maintaining a higher percentage. Also he set the record for FGs made in a game and tied the record for longest FG didnt he.

As for Gates he dropped off a little but still had 60 catches, over 700 yards and 8 tds last year. He was 6th among TEs in catches, 7th in yards, and 2nd in TDs. Not terrible for one down season and dropping him real far for a "bad year" like that would be kinda stretching it but I could see him possibly dropping to mid to low 90s and I wouldn't complain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 03:51 AM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
Good list...At least the Cowboys won't be 97 overall this year. I was like how in the world are they 97?...lol
They shouldn't. If team overalls are spread out like the player overalls then they should be around a 78 or 79. I may be being harsh as I don't like the cowboys but no higher than 84. That said even going by my ratings they still could be heavily used having 2 players over 95 where most teams wouldn't have multiple players up there.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:07 AM   #63

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
They shouldn't. If team overalls are spread out like the player overalls then they should be around a 78 or 79. I may be being harsh as I don't like the cowboys but no higher than 84. That said even going by my ratings they still could be heavily used having 2 players over 95 where most teams wouldn't have multiple players up there.
Yeah I expect alot of teams to be alot lower than usual. Every team will take a hit more than likely. Wonder what the rookie rating are going to look like saturday? Also we will get screen shots of every player threw out the first round. Maybe the second round too but donny the ratings dev. said not to hold him to it.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:54 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 4

No doubt calvin should be 95+, but you already know he's not, he prolly gon be 94 tho lol, I honestly think he gon be a 92 and you gon have to develop him which is cool I can do that

and I got a bad feeling about something, I think that fitz is gon be rated higher than quan too lol, now I dont got nothing against fitz he's one of my fav receivers in the game before we saw him in the postseason and everything, but we all know anquan should be either rated higher than him or they should be the same, but whatever's the case I hope they can still be together so they can be one of the best tandems ever, but that don't look like thats gon happen

Next Up: Godfather 2, Modern Warfare 2, Madden'10, NCAAF'10, This is Vegas
, Mafia 2, UFC'09, Left 4 Dead & many more

PS3 coming soon

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »